What is The Donald doing?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Apr 19, 2011.

1. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

You seem to be more ignorant than I thought. If , by now, you haven't read about Guantanamo and what he promised that he would close that base and as yet he hasn't. Are you really that lost that you don't read about the lies?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Your kinda of being dishonest. he tried to close it. he was prevented by republican congress people. you know before you accuse someone of being ignorant make sure you got your facts in order. Trying to do something and being prevented from doing it isn't lying about doing it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Look I can go on about the war he was going to end by 2011 as well but you will just make up more excuses for his lying.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

Cosmic do you also think it's a shame that Beck left Fox?

8. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

The Donald is running to split the Republican vote. Once the press starts peering into his personal life he's finished.

9. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Yeah, we already discussed this many times before. But it seems to have gone over your head. Obama tried to close Gitmo. When he tried to move the prisoners to federal supermax prisons in the states, conservative media flooded the airwaves with tales of fear resulting in no state willing to accept the prisoners.

And that is the only incident of "Obama lying" you are able to cite. Again, I challenge you to show how Obama has lied more than others.

10. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Again, I challenge to prove your assertion that Obama somehow lies more than other politicians. You cannot do it.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And it is not a lie if circumstance change and an opinion changes or a situation calls for a new direction or a new decision. A lie is a falsehood that is known at the time the lie is rendered.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  11. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

12. JuNie Registered Senior Member

Obama actually is more truthful than many other politicians according to Politifact. Biden is probably one of the most truthful politicians of them all. More truthful than Obama. Obama's statements on the site are more closely tracked than other members of the government, I must point out. Which makes it even more amazing that his truths outweigh the falsehoods.

Trump has lied about every single statement he's made, according to politifact....

13. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

We must be careful though, because reality and facts tend to have a liberal bias :shrug:

14. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

he didn't fucking lie you dip-shit. their is a difference between making a promise and just plain old not keeping it and attempting to do so and being stopped.

You flat out making shit up to suit your right wing agenda including lying about Obama lying. Informing you that your a dishonest hack isn't making excuses its defending the truth.

also he didn't promise to end the war as the war has been over for years. he promised to bring the combat troops home which he did.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...126/begin-removing-combat-brigades-from-iraq/

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  15. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Amen to that YoYo.

16. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I see troops still there as well as mercenaries now as well.

I'd say the same thing about President Bush lying about the reasons to go to war with Iraq, for that's what he did when he said things about Saddam that weren't true as well. I'm not picking on just Obama, I pick on them all because , as I have said, they all lie to one degree or another to get elected.

17. keith1 Guest

Trump is the Ross Perot of real estate bankruptcy.

18. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Oh no, you just say Obama lies more than others...a claim which you have not been able to prove.

19. John T. Galt marxism is legalized hatred!! Registered Senior Member

Glad to see someone else sees this famous tactic by joe. There is no reasoning with him. The real shame is that the mods basically defend him (although, I will admit not all of them do. but most certainly the more powerful ones do). You cannot reason with joe, because his reasoning skills are blinded by robotic support for any democrat, but especially a marxist one.

Oh I know, I am the radical for pointing it out. But has it ever occurred to anyone that Obama admits it himself in "Dreams of My Father". He admits it himself, but of course he isn't one because all lefties say so. Including ironically enough, himself.

20. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Yeah, the truth is a real radical tactic.

Perhaps you would care to prove Cosmic's assertion that Obama lies more than other politicians?
    Just exactly what is it that President Obama admits? Have you read his book?

And I see you are playing the victim card again. Some people never seem to change.

21. keith1 Guest

22. John T. Galt marxism is legalized hatred!! Registered Senior Member

You showed "proof" by providing a link to a Richard Cohen blog, which incidentally only surmised his conclusion using no evidence. So what if I had another blog by say......, Jonah Goldberg that said Trump enjoys shaking hands. Your response would be, ........! Thought so.

See joe it can work both ways. I can discredit your writers as much as you can discredit mine. So if we can both do this wher does this leave us? Answer: To do our own thinking independently, a skill you are perfectly incapable of doing.

BTW- cosmic provided more than one picture. So can you now conclude that while Trump may say he doesn't like shaking hands, he will do it when called for? Probably not, because that tremendously intellectual sleuth Richard Cohen has identified this as a problem.

Of course, now we are open to joes regular rule change on the fly.

23. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

He does appear to be a lot like Perot. And we really have not gotten into his business dealings with his companies going into and out of bankruptcy repeatedly...not to mention the the fact that he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth.