What is the porpuse of humanity and existence itself ???

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Truenemo1889, Jan 26, 2002.

1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Your True Self is NOT your personality...

Read my others posts... they explain about the same thing...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Even with many examples, I prefer to rely in my own experiences and in my Spirit to explain those things to you and other people.
    The Truth is relative if you look to your mind. You have a dualist mind. This means that you differentiate the oposites.
    But the Truth is NOT relative if you look to your Heart. In your Heart, you find yourself, your True Self. This is the Ultimate purpose of the Religion. And Junguian Pscicology explain this.
    Your mind gives you only confusion. There are hundreds of Religions, Sciences and Phylosophies all around the world. But if you rely in yourself, what can confuses you?
    You are here to wake up. You are a child sleeping in your bed, still with your thumb in your mouth...

Discover yourself doesn't means to discover your personality. It means to discover who you really are. You can have a stupid personality like in your example: "paranoid schizophrenic killer of small animals". But your True Self is never like this.
    Your True Self is wise and is a Love Spirit, a Spirit of Light (is actually made by a subtle and gentle form of light). You (and everyone) have much more power than you can imagine. And I can prove this using even science... if you doubt...
    To finish, you understood wrong the fact that we are here to change the world because we are different. We have the oportunity to change the world. You can contribute to change the world if you are more compassionate for example. And you can also contribute to change the world if you want to destroy people (this is very sad, but is true). But if you discover your True Self, that you are a Love Spirit, then you can REALLY change the world, because the Truth will give you so much power that you will make all the difference.

Advice1: It's very sad to live a lifestyle watching TV and playing computer. Look to your window... you have a huge world to explore! These things make you unaware and sometimes even depressed (It doesn't seem to be your case). Live a simpler and healthier life more aware about the nature and the world you live in. I'll talk more about this later in my next posts...

Advice2: Always when you think about changing the world, think about your children (if you don't have, the children you will have), your family, your friends and all those who you love. Which world do you want for them? And also, learn to Love everyone (mainly your enemies, they need much more than your friends!!). Everything that you give, you will receive back.

Blessings,
    Nelson

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. John Como Registered Senior Member

Personal philosophy

What works for TruthSeeker does not necessarily work for the other 6-billion-plus (9-billion by the year 2050 if homo sapiens are still around). He speaks of mind and spirit and heart. I cannot speak for others but for me, everything boils down to one level: the evolving human brain from whence comes all perceptions of truth and love and religion. Imagination. As for describing one's true self as a love spirit, a spirit of light... hmmmm? Sounds warm and fuzzy, but methinks it's an unscientific crock. Each of us does indeed change the world, albeit infinitesimally. No argument. But this just happens, it's not your purpose and it's not mine. Personally, I live a very healthy life, both physically and mentally (for example, playing baseball and chess, writing and editing) and have no time for T-V or computer games... but I understand that some folks are really hooked on both and it's not for me to judge whether this is good or bad.

TruthSeeker would have us love everyone, mainly our enemies. Sounds like a warm and fuzzy echo of JC (not John Como). Anyway, this doesn't apply to me since I love wife and kids and am loved in return, and have no enemies. At least, none that I know of. Cheers.

John C.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Experience Life people!!!!

Why everyone LOVES the human brain?!?!?
    What's wrong with you people? Can't you stop a little bit and live your lives?!? Experience Life!!!!!!
    Love is essential. This is why our world is like this!! People thinks that knowledge is more important than Love!!
    Jesus Christ was one of the most wise people, if not the wisest, that lived in our world. If you don't Love your enemies, who will Love them? Who will help them?

If we don't learn compassion, our world will turn into a piece of junk. Is this the world you want for your children? Care about other people. And Love yourselves too...

Blessings,
    Nelson

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John Como Registered Senior Member

Relax, dude

Nelson's unsolicited advice and hostile preaching raise the question of whether he brought all the answers into Canada, or picked up some of them here. Whatever the case, methinks the lad - I'm assuming TruthSeeker is a youth - protests too much about Love and Compassion, perhaps reflecting a personal shortage of same. He urges you people to experience life, presumably his kind of life. If I'm included among "you people", I think I'll pass, thanks anyway. In any event, and again in my humble opinion, the handle TruthSeeker is definitely a misnomer. Peace and goodwill.

JC (Superstar) Como

8. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

The Way to the Wisdom

You are right, in part...
    Yes, I'm not very Loved, and do you know why?
    Because I always say the Truth.
    Most people like me, as I am simple and kind with everyone. But I need to fight for people anyways. I need to show you the real importance of Love and Compassion. It's just my work... I'm here for a long time trying to explain many people about the true importance of Love and you keep asking for knowledge!!
    If you want to understand me, just look to yourself, and follow what I wrote here below... in my signature.
    I, "unfortunately", care about people. And it's why I'm here, to ask you, people...

, to experience yourselves.
    I'm extremely alone... physicaly... but all wise people passed through this process of loneliness in their early years.
    If you don't pass through this loneliness, which creates an intimate contact with your Inner-Self, you will never be wise. This loneliness, this lack of Love from other people, it's what made wise people wise. And this is why all wise people, like Jesus, allways preached Love and Compassion...

Blessings,
    Nelson

9. Counterbalance Registered Senior Member

Hi TruthSeeker...

If it matters to you to know, then please be aware that some of us here are capable of understanding that you “care” as well as able to understand at least part of why you care. However, your idea of what it is to care, love, understand, be wise, etc... are not the same as everyone else’s ideas, and it is unrealistic to expect everyone to embrace your interpretations, nor is it going to help you get across your message by making far too many assumptions about what the rest of us think or feel--or why we think it or feel it--or to continually assert that we are all wrong.

I don’t wish to sound harsh or overly critical, but do respectfully suggest that you re-examine your own level of understanding. What is truth to you is your truth. How you define that “truth” may change over time. I, for one, am content to let you believe what you will, think or feel as you will. I hope you can see how others might appreciate the same courtesy from you.

Peace,

Counterbalance

10. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Th Highter Truth

I'm not talking about MY Truth. I' talking about a Highter Truth. If you read my posts, you will find out that my ideas are general (mainly to wise people that lived and live in our world). My idea of Love and Compassion have been transmitted by many wise people such as Jesus, Madre Theresa de Calcuta (look in this site, and you shall see my own ideas!! : http://www.judithcorsino.com/teresa2.htm) and Dalai Lama.

Again I say, these are ideas that all wise people teach in the world... and I'm finding out that it seems that I'm one of them.

Any question, do it.

Blessings,
    Nelson

11. John Como Registered Senior Member

Unwise judgments

All kinds of religionists spout what they claim are higher truths, since they're self-appointed representatives of a non-existent god. As for the biblical version of JC and that self-promoted saint known as Mother Theresa (in my opinion, a deranged fundraiser), there have been and still are many wiser men and women on this insignificant marble in space. At least, that's the way I see it on this frosty first of February 2002.

John C.

12. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Old Discussions...

Who told you that God doesn't exists? Only because you can't see the wind, or the atoms, does this means that they don't exist? Think about it. Even you believe in things that you can't see...

What is Wisdom for you? Your stupid theories of nothing? What is the world without Love? Imagine your life without Love and you'll see what I'm talking about (if you still have feelings...).

Hopes for your Heart,
    Nelson

13. John Como Registered Senior Member

Love, fear, guilt on demand

Verily I say unto thee, TruthSeeker, look no farther for thou hast found religion and, although yours does not apply to most of earth's inhabitants, go in peace. You will encounter trouble only when you insist that others share your nonsensical fervour. Atheism, incidentally, is not based on sight, nor on any other physical sense, but rather on logic andc reason, a disbelief in fairytales and religion, the biggest scam in history. Have a nice day...

John C.

14. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Yes, I'm a minority

I don't apply? Well, you can be sure that I don't apply for most of them. How many people pass a message of Love in this world? Osama Bin Laden...

??? You can be sure not...

Look, only because I'm a minority today, it doesn't means that I'll ever be. Someday you will see what I'm talking about...

You see that my ideas don't apply to most of people. Yes, it's true. And this is why the world is like this, so violent. Meaningless violence...

Many people tryed to pass the same message and most of them were, and are still persecuted, like me. But you can be sure that if I won't be the last one, I'm one of the last ones. If I don't make your world understand what I'm talking about, it will be the next one.

This is why I completely deny Science, because you completely deny Religion. They are both right. It's because you use so much logic and reason, that the world losts it's beauty and your life became meaningless. Than you have to give a meaning to your life and start to watch TV, play computer games and whatever. In thebest of case (for atheists), you go to Science. But Science still doesn't answer your question, and you die asking yourself: why all this? Why I had a life? This is said and pathetic but it's what most happen in the world nowdays...
    Well, have a nice day you too...

Blessings,
    Nelson

15. John Como Registered Senior Member

Counterbalance needed

Whereas he ignores the calming wisdom of Counterbalance, this so-called seeker of Truth insists on twisting and misinterpreting each sentence of mine. Anybody know why? For example, I suggest that his religion (Christianity) does not apply to the majority of the population, and his reply is "I don't apply?" and he's being persecuted for preaching a message of love and if he doesn't "make your world understand" what he's talking about... Presumably this means we're not sharing the same world which, he contends, has lost its beauty and my life (atheists or Como's personal existence?) has become meaningless because of logic and reason. Nonsense, the exact opposite is closer to the truth, if one were actually seeking it. Some Seekers, I've been told, should simply be ignored. Done.

What I do find disturbing, however, are misunderstandings and misinterpretations on this message board and others. Clarity and precision have long been of special interest to me, and I consider it a bit of a failure when my opinions are not only misunderstood but twisted into an unrecognizable mess. Like something my old dog might have thrown up. Am currently editing/rewriting a textbook on the psychology of language, including a few chapters on clear communications, and just when I was getting a handle on the subject, along comes another unintelligible Seeker! So long, pal. I leave it to others to continue this thread... Peace and goodwill.

John C.

16. Counterbalance Registered Senior Member

Understandable, J.C., how a writer (of anything) could feel that kind of disappointment. Tough enough to convey precise meaning between like-minded individuals, let alone between those who aren’t. Utterly baffling sometimes how difficult it can be to keep the simplest of remarks from being misconstrued. Excellent fodder for a new thread, I’d say.

As I see it, what we've witnessed here are “acts” of humanity instigated by an individual who is driven by fear-, pain-, and guilt-based love to “bond“ with others. Work that idea over for a bit and we might just end up with someone who is seeking to define and/or validate who they are and why they are; a kind of identification process, involving some telling reactions and projections.

Ironic, huh?

Appreciate the kind words and encourage you to continue with your book.

Counterbalance

P.S. I probably could have written the above in a more "kindly" tone, but this does seem to be a case where it matters very little what is said when it's not a clear-cut agreement. No offense intended, regardless.

17. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Answer to the two...

Fight with two swords... against two people... at the same time...

First to John...

Christianism is the biggest Religion of the world. This clarily makes everyone with good sense doubt about your statements...
    When I told that I'm here to make YOUR world understand it, I was saying that we live in different realities... The difference, is that my reality is Highter than yours... Eventhough my Spirit is not from here anyways... About the meaning of life... is it beautiful to live in the middle of gray labirinths such as cities? I prefer much more nature... that is calm and simple...

About your last paragraph, everyone with good sense can see that my posys have clarity (eventhough I have some limits with your language, but I try to write it in other ways, with the words I know).

Now, to counterbalance,

This is what I have to say for your first paragraph...

:

... :bugeye:...

About the second, it only shows that you don't even have intelligence enough to understand a simple message of Love. If you have a girlfriend, I have pity of her...

I won't teach you two anymore. I'll give the task to a friend. For in the Word is said:

Matthew 7:6
    "Don't give holy things to depraved men. Don't give pearls to swine! They will trample the pearls and turn to attack you."

It was a prophecy...

Blessings...

Nelson

18. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

truthseeker,

Teaching? Huh! You've been dreaming again.

So you've decided to give up again when faced with intelligent reasoning.

You should re-think your strategy since you seem to be running out of people here who might be prepared to listen to you. Your condescending attitude guarantees you will lose both respect and any freindship that might have been shown you.

If you are lonely and unloved then I can see why judging from your attitudes here.

Rather than try to tell others what to think, you should first learn how to think clearly for yourself. And then lose your pride and find some humility. If you are truly seeking truth then you need to learn to ask questions. Your attitude so far shows you think you have found truth and are attempting to force your ideas on others. When you can come to terms with your immaturity you might then understand how foolish you currently appear.

Cris

19. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

TruthSeeker, you mentioned not being able to see the wind. I know I'm splitting very fine hairs by saying this, but the truth is you can see the wind. Wind is a movement of particles caused by temperature differences. That's all. If some larger particles, such as dust or ash for example, start moving about and you can see them, well, it's still a movement of particles, same cause and effect and all. You can see wind. But that's me being ridiculously picky.

20. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Answer to Cris

Cris,
    Who is the fool? Everyone should say:
    "Everyone is crazy... besides me."

Why? Because everyone has their own Truths. But there is a Highter Truth that you can find only within yourself. And with this, I can't teach or help you with. The immature here is you, who is an adult, probably in your 30 or 40 years discussing with a child of 17 years, which is trying to tell you that the Highter Truth is within yourselves. And I don't even speak English... I began speaking it some months ago...
    I passed the message. Now I can only hope that you understood it.

Blessings,
    Nelson

21. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Adam,
    You know that the wind exists with your naked eyes because you see the dust or ash. It is just an indicator of its existence. You can't see the wind itself. It's like search for Black Holes using Graviting Lens... when the light from a galaxy, for example, is distorted by the gravity of a nearby Black Hole. You can't see the Black Hole itself, but you know that it exists because of the interaction it has with the galaxy.

Blessings,
    Nelson

22. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Re: Answer to Cris

TruthSeeker,

If you really only started English a few months ago then you are doing very well, it is a credit to you.

Truth is truth and is independent of what anyone thinks or believes. I think what you really mean is that everyone has their own beliefs.

Again the word ‘truth’ doesn’t really make sense here. Something is either true or it isn’t, there are no variations of degree. So I really don’t know what you mean by a higher inner truth unless you are referring to warm fuzzy feelings again (emotions).

So for the record, again: A truth (knowledge) can only be established by evidence and proofs. A feeling that something is true offers no certainty that the subject is true or false. Choosing to believe something as true that may well be false is both dangerous and irrational.

For the record I am 49 and I have three teenage daughters, 15, 17, and 19, so I have plenty of experience talking with teenagers. So why do you feel justified in claiming that your belief is more accurate than someone who is nearly 3 times your age? Don’t you think that maybe you might still have some things to learn?

Take care.
    Cris

23. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Cris,

Yes, it is what I meant.

No feelings here. This means that the real Wisdom is to know yourself. If you start to know yourself better, Life start to make sense for you. You don't do so many mistakes as before.

Beliefs can't be discussed. Two separeted realities can't live together. Beliefs don't have age.

Blessings,
    Nelson