What is the Threshold of Intolerable Miraculousness?

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Eugene Shubert, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Our friend is misinterpreting the calculation of probability. Pick any of your millions of ancestors, and each of their worlds was filled with infinitely improbable events on a daily basis (like not dying before they reproduced) if you count these events as goals where you could re-run reality over and over until you get that exact outcome. But they are in fact the outcome of what we could call deterministic cause and effect. The phenomenon of common descent is no more improbable than the baby turtle that survives it's first journey to the sea.

exchemist and danshawen like this.
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. parmalee peripatetic artisan Valued Senior Member

This is the second time this week you've done this--"read my mind", that is. See edit above.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Eugene Shubert Valued Senior Member

I agree but I hope you realize that I'm just quoting my opponents. So thank you for your contribution. I think it's important that my enemies be helped to see that their mindless chatter isn't even an approximation to representing a respectable science.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bells Staff Member

Mod Note

Posting from phone while sick in bed.. So no formatting of mod note. But this is a mod note.

You want to know what is not amusing? People essentially spouting religious bs in the science forums. Stop doing it. Even in my fever driven mind, this makes no sense. Stop posting non scientific crap in the science forums in the bid to spread your religious ideology. Thread closed!

origin, danshawen and exchemist like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.