What is your avatar?

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by invert_nexus, Jul 25, 2004.

1. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Hmm. Didn't there used to be a what is your avatar thread? I've searched for all thread titles containing avatar and I can't find it.

Well. If there wasn't one before (there was, I know it) there is now. So, give. What is your avatar? What does it mean? What is the story behind it? Anything interesting?

And let's try to keep the chat down. Maybe that's what happened to the last thread. It became chatty, was moved to cesspool, and was deleted in the recent purge.

I'll start. Mine is new. Just came up with it yesterday. You like? It's from a picture of a Hercules Radeon 9800. This little beauty is on the fan of that precious model. Sweet. I had to solidify the image and added the pulse to it's eyes. I think I still need to work on the pulse a bit. Perhaps make it a series of pulses. Bright. Not so bright. A little brighter. Etc...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I've always been a touch on the. . . dark side. Even though I am dreadfully nice and respectful.

So, this avatar appeals to me.

You?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

My avatar is my chinese hamster, Yang, against a background of the red flag with the hammer and sickle. Sorta fits my name, dontcha think?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Well, all the avatar threads are in the Site Feedback section, if you search there, you will find many threads like this.

And I do not think my avatar needs explaining.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

Hmmmm, I'm a member of some other forum, one of them will automatically lock a thread if it has been dormant for too long. Who knows the same happens to that topic.

Mine? I like rainbow since I learned about colors. Easy.

8. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Mine is a pic of a dandelion seed.

9. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

a what seed?

Mine is the Cookie Monster... C is for cookie... dammit thought i finally had pushed that song out of my head

10. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

Mine is self-explanatory.
    Evidence of my longing for romantic adventures. And laziness.

11. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

From the movie "The Day The Earth Stood Still"

12. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Wow, I always thought it was the picture of a star, or a fractioned ray of light or so....
    But now that you say it, I have to admit that it looks like a dandelion seed...

13. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

self portrait quickly doodled in paintshop. I'm smokin' a splif and clouds of ideas are coming out the back of my head.

14. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Dandelion. It's a yellow flower (a weed in the eyes of most) that turns to seed. Seeds attached to white feathery structures that blow in the wind. A common game of children is to pluck these gone to seed dandelions and blow their seeds away. If you're in someone's yard, they generally hate this as it just spreads more dandelions in their yard.

And, I'm surprised too. I always thought it was some kind of radiant wash of light or something as well.

As to avatar threads being in site feedback. Dumb place for them. And, I think there was one in here. I participated a bit if I recall properly. And it seems to be gone. Theres one in the site feedback section that asks this question, but it's last use was 2 years ago or so. I think there was one in here that degraded to the cesspool. And, I did search the whole of these lower forums for it. It didn't turn up. Unless I missed it.

15. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Jul 25, 2004
  16. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I found that one as well, but it started as a thread by spuriousmonkey imploring others not to constantly change their avatars. I am almost certain that there was a thread that asked the very question I asked in this thread.

Odd, I just searched for avatar in thread titles again, and this thread didn't pop up. I then searched for avatars and it did. Yesterday it came up on a search for avatar. Weird. But, anyway, that's not the thread. Because I know that I remember Communist Hamster explaining his avatar in the thead I'm talking about and he didn't participate in the one you linked to. That gives me an idea. Gonna search CH's posts.

Nope, no avatar threads in his past. Although there is the what does your name mean thread. Maybe I'm mixing up where I saw his post. CH, do you recall posting in an avatar thread already?

Regardless, this thread is now here and hopefully it's here for good. Muahahaha!! You shall bow before the might of the Radeon Demon!

Edit: Damn! You found it. Oh well, mods if you want to merge... merge away. Must be the avatar/avatars thing. The built-in search for this site really does suck, doesn't it?

Actually, it's spelled avater. Sheesh. Cmon people.

17. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Well, coming back to the topic, I had many avatars, I think I´ll list them here:

One I had recently, it is a national symbol of Germany

Well, something I had before I drew my current one

my current one, no need to explain...

And another one...

I was just playing around with a graphic programm when I created it.

A jester/fool, not so bad...

Jesus showing the middle finger, not so good to see on the small image

Another fool, CD cover from the band Schandmaul

And the good old pirate flag

But I somehow have lost my first one, too sad, have to make create it again...

18. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

Dandelion is called a "mælke bøtte" in Danish which directly translated to "milk can"

well perhaps not "can", but a "bøtte" is a container of some sort.

anyway back to topic i have had 2 other avatars on this forum, both 2 tigers drawen by spuriousmonkey, doing the avatar competsion, still have them.

19. Enigma'07 Who turned out the lights?!?! Registered Senior Member

Guess mine. It's really not that hard.

20. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

I suppose it is a model of the chemical element Lithium.

21. Enigma'07 Who turned out the lights?!?! Registered Senior Member

How is it lithium?

22. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

It has three electrones...

23. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Of course, it's not accurate. It's been quite a few years since chemistry, but aren't there only two electrons in the first electron shell? Which is why Helium is stable. It's outer shell being full.

Edit: It's got a large number of neutrons as well. Gotta be at least 4 or more neutrons in there. Is this normal for lithium?