What is your opinion of race baiters on sciforums?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by WillNever, Feb 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

questions answered

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Just so everyone knows, any alleged crime statistic statements by me never took place. They are imagined/wrong/invented for the purpose of making this predictably cliche argument against me. It seems when people run out of legitimate topics to feed their irrational hatred of somebody, they'll simply make them up.

So far, the major blanket statement I have made is that blacks are less educated than whites. I attribute that to the culture that many blacks are raised in. Make of that what you will, but that is the truth and no amount of politically correct soothsaying alters that.
    White people are richer than other ethnic groups = racist statement..? Time to take your mind outta the toilet, iceaura.

However, that none of that matters. I don't attribute those characteristics to "race." I attribute them to culture embraced primarily by that group of people who self-identify as a race.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

If you are referring to "American culture," then you are on the right track.

If you are referring to some distinct "black culture," then you are making an unjustified and - given the context - frankly racist assertion. To wit, you have defined "black culture" as being "anti-education," so this attribution is simply a circular restatement of your initial bias.

Imagine if someone were to proffer a similar definition of white culture, based on the numerical prevalence of rednecks and white trash.

Was there supposed to be a difference in there somewhere?

Also, "self-identify as a race?" Really? Are we supposed to imagine that they had some choice, at some point, whether to identify as a distinct race, or not?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. WillNever Valued Senior Member

I think they do have a choice now. Many whites don't see themselves in terms of race at all, myself included. That is why I rarely even use the word "race." I see myself as an American. There are blacks who view themselves similarly.

One of other nurses here at work is an immigrant from the caribbean whose skin is blacker than most blacks out there. However, he does not consider himself black on the historical basis that he does not descend from African-American slaves. He will not checkbox "black" or "African-American" on any sort of form. That is something he absolutely refuses to do. He is completely and successfully divorced from and outside of black culture... therefore, I do not recognize him as black either -- because he does not.

8. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

You think wrong.

Again, a privilege that nonwhites do not have access to. They can try, but it won't be long before some white person reminds them where they stand.

There are also aboriginies with skin darker than any black, who aren't black.

That's because race is a sociological construct, not a biological one.

We aren't talking about Trinidadans. We're talking about black Americans.

Well then he's probably confused. The Caribbean is in America, and his African ancestors were in all likelihood brought there are slaves. But anyway...

Not - again - that the disposition of a foreigners has any bearing on black culture, but how much difference do you think that will make in terms of the treatment he can expect from the police, or prospective employers, or bank loan managers, etc. ?

So are Africans who immigrate.

None of which has any bearing on the prospects for racial self-determination amongst actual black Americans. They don't get to decide that they're "Carribbean" or "Nigerian" or "Ethiopian" or whatever, and not "black." Nor will the children of your Caribbean friend, supposing they remain here. You need a noticeable accent to be of African extraction and not get counted as "black" in the United States.

If you're going to argue from anecdote, at least dredge up an anecdote that actually applies.

9. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Nay, you think I think wrong.
    Blacks have access to that as well, once they reach a certain point in maturity. If willed enough, they would not let society make the rules and definitions for them, or least they would not acknowledge them.
    Which is why Morgan Freeman says it's time to stop talking about it. Out of all the people I have quoted, I most agree with his view which goes back to my original post in the blackness thread about how blacks too strongly define themselves by race -- and why I believe that is bad. That definition is the reason a separate black culture developed from the mainstream.
    All that differs from him and American blacks is his place of birth, his upbringing, and his accent. People are capable of integrating into other cultures. Likewise, they are capable of emancipating themselves from their own culture. Right now however, blacks do not want that -- not deep down inside.
    I think if someone mentioned an African-American in a conversation, there would be no question as to that person being a citizen of the USA. American in that term means "from the USA."
    For the ones who prove themselves, none. For the ones who actively seek out affirmative action benefits, much.
    This does. You not liking it doesn't change that.

10. iceaura Valued Senior Member

No, they were alleged by your supporter, MZetc, as examples of the sorts of facts he admires you for posting.

I am sorry to have taken his word for them, if he was indeed imagining things.
    Yep. White people are not an ethnic group.
    So willnever asserts that when black people were developing a separate culture from white people in the US, it was because they were identifying themselves as black, choosing to live apart from "mainstream culture".

The self-identification as black was the cause of black people's problems, see - if they had just self-identified as not black, they would have been able to join "mainstream culture" and enjoy its benefits.

That's type 4 fantasy world all the way, right?

11. WillNever Valued Senior Member

If whites aren't, blacks aren't. Each of them is made of several ethnic groups. You can't have it both ways.

12. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Not necessarily, in the US - there's the common slave ancestral influence. You can make a case for having it both ways: whites aren't, blacks are (at least until recently). But that sounds reasonable, sure.

Your point?

13. WillNever Valued Senior Member

That making correlations on the basis of race is not racism, as you had said. Blacks and whites are surely known as races, are they not..? You're changing the meaning from race to ethnic groups.

14. iceaura Valued Senior Member

I said that identifying them as characteristics of the race, on the basis of such correlation, is racism.
    That was you. You argued from the position that "white" was an ethnic group.

15. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

The obvious question

I'm just curious about where you might classify someone who distorts history and presents arguments by known racists in order to advance white supremacist rhetoric in the guise of arguing against racism?

You know, someone like you?

16. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Nay,if I had said whites make more than other races, the meaning would not change. So why is that important..?

17. EmptySky Banned Banned

So why don't blacks develop skin cancer? Why are their bones denser? Why do their bodies contain more melanin? Why can they run faster, jump higher than whites? Why do they have measurably lower I.Q's? Why do their bodies have a higher muscle to fat ratio? Why do whites have more fat on them? Why do blacks have higher levels of testosterone and therefore aggression? Why do they have measurably smaller craniums, and therefore brains? Why is their DNA different? Why, why, why...........

I want my mummy, everything I don't like is made up by evil people. I can't say that and be taken seriously, I'll be exposed as having the mind of a child that must be lead and protected, so instead I'll say it's a 'sociological construct', and throw in some liberal relativism to cloud the issue.

18. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Thread Closed. Site Feedback is not meant for this type of thread or discussion and the thread starter is obviously pushing an agenda.

Incidentally any "Statistic's" you've got are based upon small localised areas as opposed to the world. There are entire countries filled full of people with a different ethnicity that have no problems doing high end jobs or being employed. Basing assumptions on Southern States in the USA isn't proper statistical analysis, especially considering that the southern states were lesser developed because slavery was quashed prior to them being developed further. It's the main reason in the backwater area's there is still oppressive minds like the one that wants to turn the site feedback into an agenda.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.