What news source do you watch?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by ElectricFetus, Mar 31, 2003.

?

What news source do you watch?

1. CNN

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. MSNBC

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. FOX *snicker*

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

If you live in the flushing-down-the-toilet USofA like me then you most likely watch the news on TV… what news do you watch most, and why over the others?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

Fox is more biased than CNN? I think its less. Anyhoo, I dont have satellite, so Im stuck with CNN, Fox or the local news. I like Fox better but I'd rather watch a news channel that offers a "wordly" view.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Jerrek Registered Senior Member

All of them, plus BBC, al Jazeerah (Arabic), Ha'artez, and a bunch of others.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

that's not a lot of choices. i read cnn online and ny times in print in the morning and watch/read pretty much all of them including independents to get all sides of the story

8. Coldrake Registered Senior Member

MSNBC, BBC and sometimes FOX, for tv sources. Lot's of on-line print media, usually jumping to them from drudgereport. I apparently get the same tv outlets in the USA as you get in the 'flushing-down-the-toilet USofA'.

9. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

10. dkb218 Banned Banned

It would seem that with all the conflicting points of view here in the USA, that the news would be represetative of more the one view. However, this is not nor was it ever the case. Somethings just not right in HoeTown when every media outlet agrees. How could that be consider "honest" when you only get one point of view? If every person in the USA heard the same stories over and over again, no matter what soruce of US media they checked, it's no wonder why so many are brain washed.

Think about it. These media giants are supposed to be in competion yet they all report the same exact thing. No difference. Just the same story from one to the next. It's like they are all controlled by the same entity.

11. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

http://www.thewashingtonpost.com - It's all I need. Oh and I watch the BBC to, and Fox when I can't find anything interesting on TV. Never CNN because they report crap. And I dont trust the wsws.com

12. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

Things took a turn for the worse at CNN when Ted Turner was out of the way...

Precisely for the fact that Al-Jahzeera might be biased the other way around I do watch it along with American news sources and usually conclude that the truth must be exactly in the middle

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. biblthmp Registered Senior Member

news I watch

I usually get my news from the internet, since I am at my computer a lot more, than in fromt of a TV.

I use Newsmax.com, worldnetdaily.com, watch.org, honestreporting.com, and foxnews.com

So that I can be fair and balanced.

14. Salty Registered Senior Member

The nakid news

15. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

My Poll is based of what news you watch on tv and does not cover radio,newspaper, internect… ect.

OH DEAR GOD THAT MANY PEOPLE WATCH FOX!?!?

Ok people when you see a conversation like this:

Fox Anchor Women: “and aah what are those big things with the rolling tread thingies?
    Military Solider: “Aaahm a “Tank””
    Fox Anchor Women: “A yes a tank.”

Then you should maybe get an idea that it’s not exactly quality news!!!

I think out of all the American New networks I have seen CNN is the lest bias. I also Read Al-Jahzeera web sight (through a web translator) and Listen to NPR constantly.

16. dkb218 Banned Banned

17. biblthmp Registered Senior Member

Yeah, CNN isn't biased if you're a flaming liberal. There is a reason its called the Clinton news network.

18. Jerrek Registered Senior Member

"Komrade Klinton watches CNN! So should you!"

19. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Well now ....

Just thought it worth mentioning that the local NBC affiliate (KING 5 TV) in Seattle has begun describing resistance to American military efforts as "terrorism".

My question is this: Is anyone we disagree with allowed to do anything without being called terrorists?

So they're suicide bombing. It's a freaking war, people! This is what people wanted!

And here's a question I've held off on: I know some of our posters here play or played Starcraft. Did you not send suicide bombers when playing the role of the Zerg? I know I did. It's very effective in some cases.

But hey ... American news is so accurate you're not allowed to question it, right?

Our local NBC affiliate also speculated on troop movements today, even "putting words into the mouths" of military officials. But since it was a feel-good story (the USS Abraham Lincoln might be relieved when the Nimitz arrives) I don't expect there to be much of a fuss.

In the meantime, we're losing a PR war and the government is clearing out its liabilities. Arnett, Rivera, a missing British journalist (was he ever found?) last seen taking fire from Americans.

Yeah. We're the good guys alright. So paranoid that everyone's a terrorist.

:m:,
    Tiassa

20. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

And as to the question

I have no extended television, right now, so I'm left with the Big Three, Fox, and PBS. I watch PBS for entertainment and raid the web for various newsfeeds on the war. I still hold by my earlier-stated BBC standard: If it makes the BBC, there's at least a story there worth following.

What that means, simply, is that I don't bother with MSNBC, CNN, or FOX. I have to go out beyond the BBC to get some stuff, but hints of stories that play out in foreign press will make the BBC whereas they won't make the American reports.

And as to the "Clinton News Network" ... do you think they're excessively liberal? They're ratings whores. This war is mega-bank to them. They'll do anything the government wants to get the footage.

In the meantime, turn your volume down some (I just scared the hell out of the baby by accident) and check this bratty slam after O'Reilly and FOX.

:m:,
    Tiassa

21. biblthmp Registered Senior Member

Re: And as to the question

I find it to be a matter of political party choice. Clintonites love CNN, and Bush lovers watch FOX.

22. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

So that's why I can't bear to watch either.

23. Jerrek Registered Senior Member

Yes I've been wondering where you get your incredibly educated opinions from.