What should be our GOAL of life ?

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by hansda, Feb 1, 2012.

1. hansda Valued Senior Member

If we are to decide about our ultimate-goal of life in one-word ; what could be that ?

Is it money , life , joy , happiness or something else ? ... Define it in one-word .

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. keith1 Guest

extension

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

As in "more time and more resources to figure out what the goal of life should be"?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. hansda Valued Senior Member

'Extension' of what ? ... Or ... You mean to say growth ?

8. Unconcept Registered Senior Member

I believe that nothing we can imagine currently could satisfy as the ultimate goal of life, the goal should be to pursuit new concept(s) that would provide an ultimate true eternal objective. Such concepts are unimaginable and ununderstandable to us currently, but with science maybe we can arrive to them in the state of the consciousness of our species

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Saturnine Pariah Hell is other people Valued Senior Member

Live and Learn...just Live and Learn

10. hansda Valued Senior Member

What you think , should be our GOAL of life at the top of the pyramid ?

11. elte Valued Senior Member

Contentment, believing we have lived and done well.

12. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

To understand yourself and have a balanced way of living within your means.

13. wlminex Banned Banned

Ultimate goals of life? . . . live as long as you can . . . . contribute as much good (and knowledge) as you can throughout your life . . . .

14. hansda Valued Senior Member

I think , our ultimate goal of life at the top of the pyramid should be realisation .

15. Carcano Valued Senior Member

If you were immortal...would you have any goals?

16. RJBeery Natural Philosopher Valued Senior Member

This is a profound question, and I believe the answer is no. This is a subject that I think about occasionally and believe would make a good novel, actually; that all of mankind's creativity and progress ultimately comes from our fear of death.

17. keith1 Guest

Sure it does. We are discussing wiring growth characteristics of mammalian brains. I fulfilled your substantiation requirement. If you want further reading, I would suggest any number of searches:
    intelligence growth chimpanzee
    intelligence growth dolphin
    intelligence growth human
    child intelligence growth
    intelligence growth practice
    intelligence fantasy make-believe
    healing brain

Of course, one would expect a need to reinforce the "fantasy brain stimulation" practices with periods of alternate "factual observation brain stimulation" periods, with "random input stimulation" periods, and periods of "no outer stimulation", to maximize the potential of increased intelligence growth processes.
    I've said nothing here that is not verifiable, already known, or even to be considered intuitive or common sense in nature.

(I'm not saying I practice what I suggest--I drink a pot of coffee daily--can you tell?:yay::xctd

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

...(not to say that's a problem).

18. RJBeery Natural Philosopher Valued Senior Member

Carcano, I got an update about your post via email but that post doesn't exist here. Perhaps you deleted it?

Anyway, I can address your point regardless: I believe artists and musicians have an unstated goal, which is to achieve recognition and fame. Their creations (sheet music, marble statues, etc) and their "legacy" provide a means of living beyond their natural mortal limitations. It doesn't matter though, because having pursuits with no apparent goals doesn't falsify my claim that we would essentially lose all ambition were we to become immortal...

19. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

Does that mean that serial killers, politicians and people who do things that are highly unusual like destroy buildings with dynamite so that everyone can watch it explode would be in that same category of artist or musician? :shrug: Are these people just pent up artists wanting someone to see who they are but just can't find any other ways to go about achieving their artistic expressions?

20. Cai Registered Member

Most people may not understand this problem, some people have their own ideal, the results did not achieve this keep up, according to their abilities and related to and accept every opportunity to try to do

21. gmilam Valued Senior Member

Or maybe they just enjoy playing music and/or creating art.

22. RJBeery Natural Philosopher Valued Senior Member

True. I see a pastime as being different from a driven career-artist (for example), though. And as I said earlier, pointing out activities lacking a goal has no bearing on whether our goals ultimately stem for our mortality.

23. Chipz Banned Banned

Cocaine