What Should We Say About Homosexuality?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Bowser, Sep 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Just what is it that we are ALLOWED to say about homosexuality? Are there certain ideas that are not allowed, such as any idea that might (dare I say) put it in a negative light?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Bundesarchiv, Bild 147-0510 / CC-BY-SA 3.0 [CC BY-SA 3.0 de (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/de/deed.en)], via Wikimedia Commons

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

What do you think you should be allowed to say about homosexuality, or black people, or women...?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

There are a lot of problems in the world and homosexuality isn't one of them. I've always thought it a little odd people get so bent out of shape about it.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

for fucks sake quit your whining put your adult pants on and deal with the fact your not allowed to promote bigotry. your allowed to say what ever you want. if you promote hate like you are their will be consequences but your allowed to say what ever you want you just have to accept the consequences. you kimmy both. suffer consequences for hate is not persecution.

8. Bells Staff Member

Anything you want.

Yes. Hate speech and offensive bigoted stereotyping is not allowed.

The bigger question is why you are offended that you are not allowed to spout hate speech on this site?

And why are you going out of your way to post hate speech about homosexuals? You have posted some very bigoted opinions about homosexuals. Your thread was then closed because there we no discussion points. Instead, it was just a blurb asking why homosexuals need your approval and then you went on to be as offensive as you could be while professing that you don't care what they might think about you or heterosexuals. The point is that we do not particularly care what you feel or have to say about homosexuals. Your thread was against this site's rules. You have stated your beliefs and done so as offensively as you felt you could get away with. You failed to get away with it. So what more do you wish to discuss? We know how you feel about homosexuals. Why are you now demanding we care further about how you feel?

Why are you pushing to be allowed to post hate speech and offensive content on this site?

Ideas are certainly allowed, Bowser. Hate speech is not allowed.

Why is that so hard for you to understand?

9. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Mod Hat ― Really?

Generally speaking, it seems enough to expect people to be rational and decent human beings. We are aware, however, that in some issues this is too much to ask of some people. On those occasions, they can go cry about it somewhere else.

The thing is, Bowser, that people already know you're smarter than that damn thread; that you're smarter than to post bigoted, long-debunked excrement without a whit of support.

And quite frankly, the fact that you already know this history only makes your demonstration↗ all the more repugnant.

Homosexuals don't need your approval, and you know that. What they need is for you and others to stop denigrating them and trying to deny them human and civil rights. If you disapprove and feel it's unnatural and obscene, that's nobody's business until you make it theirs, and if you can't figure out that putting it on a ballot is making it other people's business, there's nothing anyone else can do to help you figure it out.

But that's the thing: You know this history already. If Christians are so secure in their faith, why do they need anyone else's approval? Why show their piety for the sake of being seen by others? Why pick a fight and put it on the ballot? They can be as faithless as they want as long as they don't make it anyone else's problem.

And the sleight about affecting self-image with words is really, really sleazy, Bowser. You already know damn well there's more at stake than that. Life and livelihood, family, estate. And that's just a few, you know. More than words↗, and you know it.

And by the way, 1992 called, and they want their Republican doctrine back. I mean, really.

And a "normal" relationship? That's a pretty subjective word; in my youth, marriages between men and women were frequently falling apart, with Christian conservatives wailing about the divorce rate, and complaining about one's wife was a God-given right of every married man.

No, really, are you just working it all out? One last run, for romantic sake, through the bullchips?

If you can't figure out that such denigrating, wilful ignorance is unacceptable discourse, don't make it anyone else's problem.

And this Nazi thing? Look, I know it's trendy and all among hardline conservatives to bawl about Nazis every time they don't get their way, but it really is hard to see why you would want to throw in with that sector.

At this point, you're just embarrassing yourself.

C'mon, dude. You're smarter than this, and we all know it.

pjdude1219 likes this.
  10. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Bowser:

Just adding my 2 cents.

What do you want to say about homosexuality? That you're afraid of homosexuality? That you hate homosexuals? That you personally don't approve of homosexuality? That you personally find certain forms of sexual activity between consenting adults distasteful? None of that is about homosexuality, really. It's all about you and your hate, and we won't allow that here.

If you have a query about homosexuality - and I mean a real question, not a flamebait gambit like "Why do homosexuals want my approval?" - then you might be able to start a thoughtful, inquiring thread to put your question and thoughts.

If you want to put a thoughtful argument about why homosexuality is morally wrong, you might possibly be able to get away with that, too. However, I'm confident that reasons such as "it's unnatural" and "it's a lifestyle and a choice, not an innate orientation" have been well canvassed here in the past.

Tread very carefully.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.