What to get the Conservative Christian for Chrismas..

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Bells, Dec 23, 2006.

1. Bells Staff Member

Are you stumped at what to get that special Conservative Christian in your life for Christmas? Never fear, you will now be able to give them the chance to kill the non-believers and convert others from the comfort of their own homes. Yes that's right... a video game created just for that Conservative Christian who feels the need to do some blasting and praying..

I wonder if they mean the US or possibly the UN.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Anywho, this game is targetted at the Conservative Christian with a violent streak who feels the need to convert or kill.

LOL!

Shoot that non-believer and then have the ability to get down on your knees and pray for forgiveness. You can even gather up points to help keep you healthily happy in God's eyes.

Perfect!!

This game has even gotten good reviews from Christian sites such as Focus on the Family:

I just have this vision of a Flanders type family sitting around the computer and the parents asking the kids 'what do we do with sinners kids?'.. 'we kill them' replies the kids.. And the father replies.. 'don't forget to pray for your spirit points afterwards kids. Don't want God to think you're killing for pleasure now do you?'.. 'yes daddy' reply the kids.

I think this game is precious. Left Behind: Eternal Forces would have to be one of the funniest games I've heard of in a while.

I wonder what the reaction would have been if say Muslims had developed a similar game. Would Walmart have accepted to stock and sell it then?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ragnarok Hang em High.... Registered Senior Member

I saw this ame on the news, and ,well, i really think whoever developed it missed the idea entirely. But that didnt stop me from falling over with laughter. If i (as a christian, and a gamer) ever come across this game, im definately going to try it out! HAHAHa I guess ill repent later.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Not exactly on thread, but if you get a chance to watch CNN two-hour feature on early post-Christ Christians, do so. - Title is something like: "The first Christians." Program covers the first three centuries.

One thing I found especially interesting was that three different Roman Imperators, before Constantine made Christianity as legal as several dozen other faiths* had large purges of the illegal early Christians (that "feed 'em to the lions" bit etc you know about, but most just stood passively in great groups or even kneeled to facilitate having their heads cut off.).

All of the more important Christian leaders were given a opportunity to save themselves by renouncing their faith, but not one of hundreds did so. In fact 10s of thousands did "turn the other cheek" not making any resistance to becoming martyrs! - This because of their strong belief in a heavenly reward, after life etc. Reminded me of today's most common martyrs - the suicide bombers, who like these early Christians, were a real and ultimately successful threat to the government. {Roman, at that time, US supported in modern times, both Israel and Iraq's and a few others.}
    ------------------------------------------------
    *Most citizens of Rome had many Gods and were often members of several "faiths" as only Christianity claimed that its God was THE one and only "True God." With this claim, everyone converting to Christianity was a loss to another group and This was not popular; so for about 3 centuries, both the Roman government and other religions thought it a good thing to kill Christians who were disrupting the social stablity, religious tolerance, etc.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Most Christians? Some of them are left behind?

8. smile_on_a_rainyday Registered Senior Member

yup, the ones who obviously didnt play this amazing game of course.....?

9. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Must be the rich ones. - that bit about how it is more difficlut for them to enter Heaven than for a camel to pass thru the "eye of a needle"

Hey wait a minute, on average are not the conservatives (religious or not) "the rich ones?"

10. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

The "eye of the needle" was a gate in the wall through which the camels would have to contort a bit to pass through.

11. Bells Staff Member

Yes. I think they're the ones you need to either kill or convert, as well as all sinners, they being all non christians. All while praying and gathering up those spirit points of course.

I just wish I'd come across this sooner. I'd have given it to my husband for Christmas. He's an avid game and an atheist.. lol.. would have made a great joke gift.

As for the developers..

The irony of that last sentence in light of what this game actually is about and what players do is, well, deliciously ironic.

12. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

13. smile_on_a_rainyday Registered Senior Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

thats great!! are they allowed to do that? doesnt that class as offensive for sum people???

14. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

I laughed out loud at that picture.

15. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Did you wet your pants too?

16. vslayer Registered Senior Member

i bet this is the one video game that jack whatshisname(that anti-computer game guy) wont oppose

17. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Verdict: buy the books.

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I thought the rapture would end having to fight the disbelievers.

19. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Thanks. I knew that, but many do not and for them my point was stronger. I did considered a footnote, but decided not to for this reason.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thats hilarious.

Maybe we should fight our wars in cyberspace.

Much more fun all around.

21. Redefine91 I piss excellence Registered Senior Member

Shit, I have a last second letter to send to Santa.

22. Bells Staff Member

I wonder if players have a choice to play a non-christian in this game.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

It could be multiplayer.

Joos vs Mooslims vs Xians

oooh what fun!!!