What us atheists objective

Discussion in 'Religion' started by arauca, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Mazulu Banned Banned

Anybody can type roflmao. I don't believe that you really feel it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Your belief in fantasies and disbelief in reality is well known here. You're batting a thousand.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mazulu Banned Banned

Fantasies are healing to the mind. They also help us come up with solutions to problems in the real world.

I don't know what you mean by "disbelief in reality"?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Anybody can type : "Anybody can type roflmao. I don't believe that you really feel it."

BTW - most everyone rofltao when they read what you type as your "real beliefs", Mazulu - but not everyone acknowledges it in their Posts.

8. Mazulu Banned Banned

What is rofltau? Is that the tau of rofl?

9. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Again, Mazulu, you show your lack of ability to read what is actually written! I never Posted "...rofltau..."!!!

Mazulu, I Posted : rofltao, (laughing their instead of laughing my !).

Again, Mazulu, you obviously have a fear of and disbelief in reality!!

10. Mazulu Banned Banned

Silly me. <laugh politely> OK, what is rofltao? <ha ha>

11. Dazz Registered Senior Member

Erm... I do not want to go thru' the main differences between militancy and marketing... Just the main differences.

12. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

I love this forum. The heights of intellectual greatness reside here.

Unfortunately, andy is one of our lesser lights...

13. billvon Valued Senior Member

That's why tinfoil hats are so very, very important for religious types who want to avoid the atheist mind control rays.

14. Dazz Registered Senior Member

I am, indeed, personificating almost, the true meaning of ROFLMAO right now.

15. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Randwolf, there are a lot of knives on this Forum that are so sharp that they couldn't cut through hot butter!

16. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

You're killing me here, dude. :roflmao:

It's pretty clear you live in a fantasy world you've created for yourself, so you must not believe in reality, or reject it, or deny it, or just plain can't stand it.

17. Bells Staff Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. lightgigantic Banned Banned

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Militant_Atheists

But then, as I recall, you also had difficulty understanding the correlation between atheism and communism and even more in comprehending how the negative fallout of this attempt to impart atheism on a societal level deeply marred reception to atheistic ideology for around the next century (which also explains why the latest flavor of militant atheists - namely the new atheists - while heading in the same direction try to advocate something else).

So in short, modern usage of "militant atheist" goes along the lines of ...

Secularism is not the same thing as militant atheism. It does not imply that religious believers and their leaders should be silenced, but it does imply that no particular belief should have a privileged position or privileged access to the institutions of government.
    - Roy W. Brown, Europe Supports Secular

and

Atheism which is actively hostile to religion I would call militant. To be hostile in this sense requires more than just strong disagreement with religion - it requires something verging on hatred and is characterized by a desire to wipe out all forms of religious belief.
    - Julian Baggini, Atheism: A Very Short Introduction

Regular atheists tend to find the activities of militant atheists slightly/greatly repulsive due to them mimicking the behaviour of fanatical theists.

Hence you can find criticism of militant atheists even by atheists along the lines of ....

Richard Dawkins has lost: meet the new new atheists

The events of 9/11 were the main trigger for the explosion of this latent irritation. There was a desire to see Islamic terrorism as the symbolic synecdoche of all of religion. On one level this makes some sense: does not all religion place faith above reason? Isn’t this intrinsically dangerous? Don’t all religions jeopardise secular freedom, whether through holy wars or faith schools? On another level it is absurd: is the local vicar, struggling to build community and help smelly drunks stay alive, really a force for evil — even if she has some illiberal opinions? When such questions arise, a big bright ‘Complicated’ sign ought to flash in one’s brain. Instead, in the wake of 9/11, many otherwise thoughtful people opted for simplicity over complexity. They managed to convince themselves that religion is basically bad, and that the brave intellectual should talk against it. (This preference for seeming tough and clear over admitting difficult complexity is really cowardice, and believers are prone to it too.)

Hope this clears a few things up.

19. britainsuksdick Banned Banned

Fuck Atheism

20. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Good question. Can you explain fundamentalist Christian militancy? Or Islamic militancy? Why that? Perhaps the reasons are similar. What do you think?

Care about what? Other people? Why do Christians care what other people believe? Perhaps the reasons are similar. What do you think?

Why do you think they need the approval of others? Do Christians need the approval of others, too?

I think you'll find that lots of things are advertised that might not be the truth.

Should Christianity be advertised? What do you think?

Want to buy a tin foil hat? I sell them at reasonable prices. Guaranteed to protect against prohibiting microwaves!

Clearly you are correct. Thanks for pointing this out for us. Are you an atheist yourself?

Ooh! 8 advertisements from atheists!

What about those signs on the all the churches you drive past? Are they ok, or do you want them removed as well?

Can't you think of any reason why incest might be undesirable, other than that your favorite God is supposed to have said it is?

21. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Best only post ever.

22. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

This is true. I'm just wondering if the username is correct....does the entire country of Britain enjoy performing fellatio? If so...It's going to be my #1 tourist stop.

"Greetings sir...welcome to the London Hotel..you'll be in room 4A...let me get your bag, and may I s*ck your d*ck for you, Sir?"

"Please! Thank you!"

"Very good, sir."

23. Sylvester Registered Senior Member

I checked the link and have to ask a question:

If you do not have an answer then how can you say something is wrong? They can't say "I am right" because they don't know. Based on that, i dont know that I would call it militancy, it's more like fundamentalism.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013