What we shold do with USA?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Chris63, Apr 10, 2004.

1. transio Creative Genius Registered Senior Member

Paula, thank you for your interpretation of dark trooper's statement, but I prefer my own. Furthermore, I believe it's possible to hate America or Americans and have a valid reason for staying. Thanks, anyway!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Whirlwind Banned Banned

Always interesting in listening at the "original" trespassers...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

BTW: Where is your GREEN CARD Gringo?!

Whirlwind....

Pepe LePew: "And in the end, they even stole our name: "Americans!"

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Whirlwind Banned Banned

Like Israel, the US claims to be a perfect democracy, but when people want to hold them to a HIGHER STANDARD they bolt!

Whirlwind....

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Cyorg Registered Member

I know that most people here don't like the American government. Most Americans don't either, well not completelety. I know that it's a democracy, but when it comes to wars, and foreign policy, the citizens don't have much (if any) power to change things. But my question is this. How do you feel about Americans as individuals?

8. DerSteppenwolf Registered Senior Member

you can never make general statement applying to all american individuals. being a complex society ther are many different kind of persons or even groups. i've made clear i don't like the conservative little town american's way of thinking(usually). however, this can't be extended to rest of USA's population. that's an error just like saying all arabs are religious fanatics or somthing of that sort.

9. Hesomagari Registered Senior Member

All the Americans I know well, are great people. But then, birds of a feather flock together. There are lots of Americans I have met in passing, who conveyed such a shallow perspective of life, that I had no incentive to attempt to make friends.

And is that no so, in all nations? There are people in my own country I don't care to associate with.

10. Whirl, I did enjoy the fireworks over Baghdad they were very pretty seen thru the night vision of our advancing tank corpse. I did feel bad for the innocent people who got hurt. I guess that is what separates our two viewpoints. It seems that you take great delight in the death of any American. I do not delight in the death of any one who does not hate me or mine.

11. Spyke Registered Senior Member

Then technically, since I'm an American, and that's what Americans are taught, I'm right.

As you said, in the US we are taught that the Western Hemisphere is two continents, North and South, and they are two of the seven continents of the world. So as an American, I'm correct when I say the 'Americas'. But are you telling me that the rest of the world is taught that there are only six continents? Why would you consider the Western Hemisphere one continent?

Yes, I know the story of Amerigo Vespucci. He made at least two trips to the Americas, possibly more, following Columbus' first couple of visits. He drew up maps of the New World in the early 16th century, and a German mapmaker named the discoveries America after him. I think this was mainly because Columbus was still convinced he had traveled to India and the Far East in his voyages. Columbus didn't know he had discovered a new world.

12. DerSteppenwolf Registered Senior Member

anyone can be taught anything. does everything u are taught is always right? no. what matters is what's correct, an what u are taught is not, that's the bottom line.

why should you consider it two? and what about central america? by the way my main complain was that the united states is definately not america. since we've agreed there is a north america and a south america, which u call the americas, how can a single country of north america be america. it´s like a part containing the whole(clearly, a contradiction). think of europe. could a part of eastern europe, be called just europe. would't make sense.

13. Spyke Registered Senior Member

If you were taught that the Americas are only one continent then I think the bottom line is you were taught wrong. Why think of the Western Hemisphere as only one continent? It's two large land masses connected by one little strip of isthmus. It would make more sense to consider Europe/Asia as one continent since it really is one large land mass.

There is no single country called America, but I still refer to myself as an American, because on the North American continent there is only 3 countries, Mexico, Canada, and the United States, so it is easy to distinguish between Mexicans, Canadians and citizens of the US who refer to themselves as Americans. For someone living in South America, where there are so many countries, it would be rather confusing for the people of any one country to refer to themselves as simply an American.

You're right. It would make no sense. Europe is more densely packed with countries than North America, even moreso than South America. It really would be confusing for Europeans to refer to themselves as European in another European country. But if I'm in Mexico or Canada and say I'm an American, they know exactly where I'm from. Of course, anywhere I'm visiting on the North American continent I'm more likely to say I'm a Insert Home State Here, rather than I'm an American. But in visiting Europe I've never known anyone to be confused if I said I was an American, so apparently the term is universally accepted.

BTW, I asked how many continents you are taught there is. 6 or 7?

14. DerSteppenwolf Registered Senior Member

i understand what you are saying, but those are all circunstancial, non factual considerations. i spoke of logical arguments. yet you seem to agree united states its not america. so i guess i can live with u guys calling yourself americans, i know it wouldn't be right either to call u northamericans leaving out canadians and mexicans. or unitedstatesians which is a word that doesn't exist. so.... whatever

6, this includes antarctica. old geography counted only 5.

i've liked discussing with you though.

15. Spyke Registered Senior Member

When I say I was taught that the Western Hemisphere is two separate continents, I am speaking a factual, logical argument. It makes more sensee to me to consider the two land masses as separate continents It just may differ from what you're taught.

That's true. I do agree. It's the US of A.

See what I mean. It would be a bitch to have to refer to myself that way. American is much easier.

I was taught 7, including Antarctica. Interesting what you said about old geography. What were the 5 continents before, and what are the 6 now?

Ditto. I learned something new.

16. darktr00per Registered Senior Member

bells---I agree that many companies own too much to fail no matter what. Humans r not built to live in such a society. If I had enough money(since the sick world revolves around it) I would move into the mountains. I would hunt ans gather my own way to survive. I cant wait for people to bring down this empire---just like the roman or egyption. We are selfish to think that our way of life wont end. history proves that all civ'z come to an end.

17. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I think this whole issue of 6 continents is interesting enough to deserve a poll to determine what exactly the rest of the world does think about this.

This it the first time I've ever heard this.

Where should it be placed? Earth Science?

edit: I put it in Earth Science.

Last edited: May 8, 2004
  18. kazakhan Registered Abuser Registered Senior Member

I think this is the way to bring it down. Stop participating in the system, stop supporting corporations. Has anyone noticed the more coporations/industry is deregulated the more regulated the individual? I suppose thats a thread in itself.

19. Whirlwind Banned Banned

Israel is the curse of the Middle East.

A thief that does "wonders" with what it has stolen from its rightful owner is still a thief.

"3,000 years and 150 nations and the Jew never finds room at the inn," and after flogging the Nazi's to death now they want to blame the Arabs for their "eternal" misery.

Besides, those that believe that their G-D gave them the Holy land must contend with another 124 "GODS" that are worshipped around the world.

Personally, I believe that by 2050 "neither" the US nor Israel will show a trace of the rabble rousers that created the borders, stole the land, built the barbed wire fences, and profited by the thievery, thuggery and despotism of their ROBBER BARON forefathers.

Whirlwind....

20. buffys Registered Loser Registered Senior Member

what happened to "walk softly and carry a big stick"? Generally, that works pretty well.

This recent (relatively) "Stomp heavily, beat chest and swing big stick around wildly" method of forein policy doesn't work for anyone.

21. Cazov I eat plastic Registered Senior Member

It makes the defense contractors more money...Halliburton is rolling in cash right now. All of this is planned...its all about money

22. Preacher_X Registered Senior Member

the whole world hates America. after America falls from a super poer, the next super power will probably destroy it.

23. crazy151drinker Registered Senior Member

"i america the first few years of university is the same as the last couple of years at high school in australia, scince america has such a huge drop out rate before the end of high school, i can not understand why you cant see that your country is made up of twits"

errrr yeah thats we have the worlds biggest economy and one of the highest standards of living- because we are all a bunch of twits.......I hope your not using a computer...odds are the software you are using was made by a twit...same with the computer (or at least invented by a twit)....maybe you should just go outside and use smoke signals...I mean the telephone was invented by a twit (thought the brits might disagree)...then there is AC and DC power- both developed by twits....I hope you dont use anytype of machinery, being that it was probably massed produced, a concept developed once again by a twit! I hope you dont used cotton, you do know that a twit developed the cotton gin? ohhh the list goes on and on....in fact why are you even on the net? Dont you know it was developed by Twits in the US? Good Lord, go outside and play with some rocks.

What you stupid fools dont realize and obviously cannot understand is that we "EVIL" Americans came from YOUR countries because they SUCKED. And guess what, people are still COMING over here.

The reason we are Violent, Crazy, Nuts, Agresssive, etc...etc.. is becuase the people that immigrate to this Country are RISK TAKERS. You have to be to pack up everything you have and immigrate into a strange world. You have 300 MILLION people who are geneticly wired to be RISK TAKERS and NUTS. Hello, YOUR countries shipped over all the Religious Nuts because you didnt want them. Too bad! Now you have to deal with them.

You want to embargo the US? With the Majority of your EXPORTS coming here? Go right ahead, ruin YOUR economy.