What will the Democratic Party learn from their loss?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bowser, Nov 12, 2016.

1. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Your comprehension problems are beyond my ability to fix. You gave Yazata's post a "like", above - except for some qualifications regarding the media it agrees with my posting here almost completely. Do you see that, at least? Just go through it and add the word "white": he's talking about the white working class, throughout (what he says is not true of the black and brown working class - they were not fooled by Trump's pretensions to man of the people status, just because he had enemies among his fellow elites, for example).

Every concern they have is, and has always been, fundamentally influenced by racism in the US. Racism is a fundamental, root level, fact of political life in this country. Trump played them like a fiddle, including their racism among the other fundamental aspects of their worldview.
    So where did they get the idea that Clinton was a robotic reptile accused of serious crimes, and Trump would bring stability and a future for their children and was free of legal investigation?

Did they get that goofball idea from the Left calling them names? Leftists in their lives screaming "racist" and "fascist" at them? Seriously?
    How did you get the idea that sober (and accurate) analysis of the Trump campaign and voter motivation, on forums like this, is namecalling and screaming at people during a campaign?

Because that's a wingnut meme, this notion that simple and accurate discussion description they don't like is "screaming" and "namecalling" in big headlines.

Are you aware of the statistical analysis of the social media - that the pro-Trump stuff was organized and full of lies? Why would you blame that on people like me? Because that's another bad guy meme: that their bad behaviors and organized, premeditated, repetitively promulgated lies are reactions to having been insulted somehow, a "both sides" phenomenon - that the targets of their slanders somehow deserved to be lied about.
    Where did they get the idea that Trump was going to do anything like that? From the Left screaming at them?
    Only the vulgarity of the expression is new. The lies, the level and blatancy and stupidity of the lying, even in a sense the frequency of the lying, have been normal Republican rhetoric since Reagan. If W&Cheney did not provide them immunity, they cannot acquire it by mere exposure.

But it wasn't.

I agree with your general analysis of the elites, but not of the media. CNN in particular was a strong supporter of Trump, and making huge bank by publicizing his campaign - CNN was running his rallies in full and unedited, for chrissake, and the ratings boost they got may have saved that erstwhile declining corporation. That favorable media coverage (and consequent social media buzz) was how Trump reached his voters - the Trump voter is more dependent on major media than average.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Your inability to see the labor class as more than simply white people is your problem, not mine. Considering that Trump made gains amongst the brown and black working class compared to Romney, Trump of all people, proves this.

Ok, you can clean the glue off your face now, yes it is all racism, sure, of course, it is so obvious now, yes... so how do we go about not having the racists turn out like they did for trump and instead like they did for Obama?

Oh they know trumps under investigations, they just found Hillary Clinton's more prescient. Clintons own behavior over decades was her own undoing. If you want to blame the right wing propaganda for taking advantage of that, well than we need better propaganda, clearly our propaganda sucks, what has our propaganda been doing as of lately, by your own admission Clinton went with calling out Trumps racism and sexism over elevated her progressive policy (that she had just recently evolved to no less).

No I got it from talking with people IRL, talking with conservatives no less, and they got the idea of the regressive left shaming them from the regressive left shaming them on the internet or even IRL.

When there is videographic proof of regressive leftist screaming at people calling them racists, that is not evidence you can deny as "wingnut" (what the fuck does "wingnut" even mean?), millions of views across the internet, regardless if you want to take the blame for that or not, this helped trump win.

I don't know what your jabbering about here, are you claiming that the behavior of the regressive left was all a false flag campaign, that the videos were just actors paid for by the trump campaign? Do you realize that is glue huffing crazy on the order of Alex Jones? Yes conspiracy theory kookery on the level of the far right! I personally join a group call "unicorn riot", saw what they did, usually holding asinine riots over non-issues and making an ass of themselves and liberals, are they really just paid shills of the republicans?

Well from trump's own mouth I would assume. Oooh I see what your doing, your trying to say all these other factors came together and causes Trumps victory, therefor the regressive left and blaming everything on racism is totally not a problem. Yes many factors did come together and causes trumps victory, his ability to appeal to the labor class with 4th grader lexicon was one, sure, but one of those factors was the regressive left, people like you, blaming everything on racism.

Reagan, no even Cheney, fucking Cheney, has some semblance of decent behavior than Trump! More so the lies of bush and co. came back to bite the republicans: any republican that dared said the war was good got shot down and raped by Trump no less, it certainly did not help that the DNC gave us a candidate that voted for that war.

You understand how the media works right? they show things for money, the more outrageous, the more views they get, the more money they make. The coverage was not favorable, they just got sucked into televising trumps because his buffoonery sells. It was not like they intentionally wanted to give trump free air time, rather trump gave something attention garbing to air. As for social media all the complaining about trump on twitter and facebook by the regressive left certainly helped add to his free attention, going and protesting his rallies, more free attention!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. iceaura Valued Senior Member

This exact inversion of the actual posting is now officially a tactic of yours. It is no longer innocent, and you are no longer eligible for patient correction as if you were sincere in the first place.

Yazata posted about the white working class. He just left out the word "white". If he had been posting about the black or brown working class, he would have been posting falsehood.
    Already addressed, three times now.
    And this you blame on the Left, me, and people like me, who were screaming names at them.
    There aren't any videos of me, or anybody like me, screaming at people and calling them racists. I have never encouraged such behavior, or recommended it to others - quite the opposite. And I have never distributed such videos, or made them available to anyone.

There are of course videos of all kinds of nutcases doing all kinds of crazy screaming available for the use of competent propaganda operations. I bet you a thousand dollars I can find one or more of some people I could plausibly label Trump supporters or members of "the Right" screaming at some women and calling them bitches. I wouldn't present that as evidence of Trump supporters or "the Right" being essentially a collection of people screaming "bitch" at women, because I'm not a propagandist trying to hypnotize gullible people via imagery. (And I have better evidence of that basic truth).

The question is not whether such videos exist. The question is how they came to be organized and presented as evidence and believed to be evidence for this or that falsehood or damaging slander, and why you in particular accept the framing of the propagandists who designed that deception - you accept those videos as characterizing the "Left", or me, or even people like me as a group. That is exactly the intent of the presenters. You've been punked, as they say - as have the people you are talking to.

And because of this vulnerablity of yours, to being punked like that, you are now advocating that the DNC clean house by purging itself of the influence of the Left, me and people like me - a major portion of the Sanders crowd.
    They themselves have no idea who the Left are, regressive or otherwise. Somebody told them. They don't frequent Lefty political discussion arenas, facebook or internet or any. None of that happened on mass market media. So what you describe, what they told you if they did tell you that, is not possible even if I and the people like me and the Left in general had behaved like that, which we hadn't.

They didn't even get the idea of the existence of the "regressive left" from any such real life experience.

So why did you overlook the obvious sources and underlying motives of their accounts? You clearly had better information - you knew, for example, that I and the people like me were banging on about tax policy and jobs and economic stuff and the superiority of Sanders in addressing these issues we cared about and the necessity of Clinton's adopting this stuff for the entire campaign season, and paying little or no attention to bathrooms or pronouns except to complain about busybody PC nonsense and thinskinned collegiates (Bill Maher's running bitch, say).
    Is there a special little tag on Facebook and Twitter, whereby you can identify a "regressive left" (you do like those alt-right memes) person? Because your personal assessments of content and such, as visible here, have been wildly wrong.
    The coverage was overwhelmingly favorable, especially on CNN. CNN aired some of Trump's rallies entire and unedited - not only his speeches, of which they routinely aired large segments for free, but entire rallies. You can't get any more favorable than that. And CNN made big bucks on their new audience share.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.