What would u do if u died tomorrow?

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by white_poplar, May 30, 2004.

1. white_poplar Registered Member

Eh.. just a weird idea..
    Are we living with the assumption that we will continue to live tomorrow?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Who knows if tomorrow we will be alive in this dangerous world? A lot of things we wanna do, but then we delay "I will do it tomorrow.."
    So what do you think guys? If u knew that u would die tomorrow, what would you do?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Truenemo1889 Registered Senior Member

i would probably try to be with the person i love the most for the few hours that i would have left. Maybe i can be described to be just too hung up and naive to be holding on to such an idea. Would it really matter at the end ?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

I agree with truenemo, spend it with the person i love most, though it wouldnt matter since we never get advanced warning of death.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

I would do nothing extraordinary if I died tomorrow. Why should I? It would not make much sense, after all a day does not really matter. One more or less, I don´t care. Perhaps I would go out, have some fun, perhaps I would do some rather insane and perhaps dangerous or illegal things for it does not matter. But what is one day if you have wasted your whole life? Better live eveyday like it is your last one, for it may well be true.

8. bigal Registered Senior Member

Do nothing. When you die, it is the end of the world, therefore a new beginning.

9. Fallen Hero Registered Member

Or when you die synapsis ends within your brain, you deteriorate into a state of nothingness and the world continues without knowing or caring.

10. bigal Registered Senior Member

The world will continue without us knowing or caring. But since we don't know, the next consciousness we hold will instantly follow the last. Everything ends, but everything starts.

11. John Connellan Valued Senior Member

I guess I would tell Rosamagika how I feel about her

12. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Oh, John ............ .

And how do you feel about me?

13. Fallen Hero Registered Member

Oohh your religious! I see. Where that's a whole nother concept right there. Something I'm not going to get into either. Actually, I take that back, you may not be religious but you obviously have some spirituality. I hate to say it but if science is correct then our concience is just a sequence of patternized eletronic bursts within our mind. When those bursts end, we just slip into nothingness. Unbelievably hard concept to imagine, almost impossible. Absolutely no perception...that sucks doesn't it?

Wow...not one but two threads! This isn't just joking around folks I wonder what's going on.

14. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

What´s wrong with their statements man?

15. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I would do the same thing today as I do everyday not knowing what tomorrow will bring.

16. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Perhaps I would kill myself because I would be so curious about how it is to be dead.

Seriously, I think it is very interesting to die.

17. Fallen Hero Registered Member

This is forums, why are they flirting?

Wait if you killed yourself the day before the day you were suppose to die then that would me that you wouldn't die the next day which means you just killed yourself for no apparent reason.

18. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Not exactly, I would kill myself because I am curious. Scientific curiosity is a good reason to die I think.

19. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

You should learn about life as much as possible befor you die. Life is rich with so much to see and do and learn, death gives you nothing that we know about for certain. What would you do if you did kill yourself and found that there was nothing at all? Wouldn't it be better to learn about living since you are alive, rather than dying to learn about life?

20. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

This was only stated on the preliminary case that I would die tomorrow no matter what happens.
    Of course the curiosity about what life brings is much stronger than my curiocity concerning death. Otherwise I would already be dead.
    Life is just too interesting, there is something new to experience every second, no chance of me going all suicidal all of a sudden.

21. white_poplar Registered Member

Frankly I dun care whether I would die tomorrow or not. Lots of things I have to do no matter what..
    After all perhaps the most important thing is how to live..

22. EvilSquirrel Interesting Infidel Registered Senior Member

I don't really belive in reincarnations and afterlife and crap like that [mainly because I do not like religions]. So I would do fun stuff like Bungee jumping, Skydiving and anything else that would cause extreme danger to your health.

23. SkippingStones splunk! Registered Senior Member

There's a story about a man who learned the exact day and time he was to die. Even though the fateful day was years away, it ruined his life. He became so focused on his life that he lost much of what he loved and held dear.
    Years passed and the fateful day arrived. With mounting dread and a little relief that it would all be over soon, he stayed home and sat in his favorite chair. The hours passed slowly, ticking away on his tall wall clock.
    Finally, the minute hand started it's last trip around the clock face. The last hour ticked away. The man sat there painfully aware of every second passing. His hands began to shake and he broke out in a nervous sweat.
    Closer and close the hand moved until *Click*, it reached the twelve. Startled the man looked at the clock, then at his watch, then back at the clock. Slowly a light appeared in his eyes and a chuckled wound it's way up through his lips. His laughter increased, he had cheated death!
    Just then, in a spasming fit of giggles, the man dropped over dead, on the floor.
    He died laughing.