Whatever became of the concept of "sin"?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Magical Realist, Oct 22, 2015.

1. timojin Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. timojin Valued Senior Member

Well those laws are a standard point of reference for our daily life . Based on them we can judge how far are we from been an ideal society.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I hardly think a theocratic band of desert nomads in tents in 1500BC has any business deciding what the morality of the human race is to be. That's a very specific situation based on superstitious beliefs about uncleanliness, misogyny, animal cruelty, land grabbing, and top down style of totalitarian control enforced thru stoning. They AREN'T the ideal society by a long shot.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

I read it as if he said he'd prefer going to heaven with people who think they'll end up in hell, rather than people who believe they're absolutely given front row seats in heaven.

8. timojin Valued Senior Member

[
    I think rules are made by the society to protect its members . It does not matter if they are theocratic or whatever I believe specific rules are made because the society had some problem and those rules are to protect the weaker from the predator. On the punishment by stoning , I would believe it is a punishment by the masses which is different from decapitating which is one individual taking order from the ruler.

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I agree with timojin, the Bible is just an antiquated book of laws, and has little relevance in modern life.

10. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

I actually did say "heaven" twice by mistake but your way works too.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Sin = debt.
    And there is no shortage of debt.
    It could be stated that the fact we are here is to repay debt.

jan.