What's on your iPod?

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Fraggle Rocker, Oct 21, 2009.

1. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I love that song! I used to sing it back in the day, when I was a guitar-pickin' folksinger. More recently, I've done it in karaoke.

I play bass now but I've got a few tunes they let me sing lead on.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I was fortunate enough to see them in concert back in the early 60's and enjoyed hearing them as well. Very tight folk group just like the other folk singers from that era.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

10. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

11. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

12. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

13. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

14. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

15. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Do you have any music from the current century??? Or even some Grunge or New Wave???

When this thread was created, I envisioned the members turning each other onto music that they might not be aware of--increasing our awareness of the fantastic explosion of popular music in recent decades.

Instead, it's become little more than the "Nostalgia Channel." Some of these songs go back to my youth in the 1950s. Brook Benton's tunes were played at my high school dances! Is there anyone here who hasn't already heard them???

For that matter, there has been considerable evolution in pop music since that time. Many of these songs sound as primitive today as most of the formulaic symphonies composed before the Romantic Era that began in the mid-19th century. I simply get bored with them and would rather hear Adele or the Foo Fighters... as I would rather hear Vaughan Williams or Richard Strauss.

I'm a bit disappointed.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I'm certainly not suggesting that you put your old records away, but for the goddess's sake, is that all you've got?

16. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

"Is there anyone here who hasn't already heard them???"

I doubt that most tenagers ever heard of some of my postings but many of my posts are of the acid/classic rock like Zepplin and the Who for a couple of examples. As I have said before I don't hear to much today that gets me excited as the older rockers do but I have posted Florence and the Machine a few times. I do post groups that I hear and enjoy however they are few and far between. As they say to each their own and I never complain about other music posted here and probably never will.

17. Sylvester Registered Senior Member

The BEST of Johnny Winter- I'll Drown In My Own Tears... WOW, this brings back memories of Percy Sledge.

18. Sylvester Registered Senior Member

Memory Pain by Johnny Winter. From the same disc as above...Serve me right. I'm hearing Hendrix here. The Best Of Johnny Winter really shows his influences. It's all the blues...but, there is only one Johnny Winter...same for Jimmy Page and really Keith Richards - just blues players who broke new ground. I recommend this disc to any musician, "hustled down in Texas"...whoa. I'm just like...take me to the swamp.

19. Raymond Registered Member

I have classic song on my iPod

20. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

21. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

22. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  23. Sylvester Registered Senior Member

Captain Jack...By Billy Joel. Excellent lyrics. I think everyone can relate to this, to some extent or another.