What's on your iPod?

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Fraggle Rocker, Oct 21, 2009.

1. John99 Banned Banned

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John99 Banned Banned

8. John99 Banned Banned

9. John99 Banned Banned

sorry orly, no quoting allowed in these threads.

10. John99 Banned Banned

11. John99 Banned Banned

12. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

John, wouldn't it be easier to post the links in the same post instead of one after another?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. John99 Banned Banned

no because i post them as they are playing.

14. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

If you're a pragmatic person, get anything but an ipod. It's only appeal is in its user friendliness.

15. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Maybe dust out the old gramophone now and then ?

16. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

17. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

18. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Hmmm. Then you don't like symphonies or other instrumental music? Apparently a lot of people feel that way because it's been a long time since a song without vocals made the U.S. charts. I think the last one was "Music Box Dancer," 30 years ago.

I listen to a lot of Spanish-language music and even though I can gabble my way through a conversation it's a lot harder to understand singing, which is not the same as speaking.

I just played a compilation CD called "Arab Groove" and none of the songs was in English.
    Yes, from "Abbey Road." It segues right into "She's So Heavy." On the CD I think it's even just a single track, "I Want You - She's So Heavy".
    And they've grown and changed as much as you have. "Californication" is nothing like the songs on "Mother's Milk."
    Never heard of that. Is it a British term? We had hi-fi's in the late 1950s and then when stereophonic recordings came out we just called the playback equipment a "stereo." Before high fidelity they were just "record players."
    But it would sure be easier on US! Why do we have to wear out our fingers scrolling through these short posts that are all format and no content? Not to mention making these threads so loooooong? Surely you could easily paste your URLs into one single word processing document and then copy it into a post when you're ready???

But more importantly, please review my O.P. in this thread. It would be very kind of you, and improve everyone's experience, if you could write a couple of sentences about each song. Unless we've got somebody here who's an invalid or living off unemployment or a kept woman, nobody's going to have the time to check out all of those URLs. It would be really nice if we had some idea what to expect so we could choose which one to try out. I'm not sure I've ever followed one of your links because your presentation leaves so much to be desired.

The reviews in the newspaper don't even give me a URL, but they help me figure out which songs I might like so I track them down on YouTube all by myself.

Cut back on the quantity just a bit and add some quality. You'll probably get a whole lot more action that way.

19. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

20. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

I actually listen to a lot of soundtracks that don't have vocals, My latest one was of Battlestar Galactica
    and my usual picks include anything that sounds grand, epic, or inspiring, such as those from Immediate music.

In the heavy metal genre, I listen to Rammstein, usually I find out what the song is first, but sometimes I've listened to it so often, I can say the words without knowing what they mean, a la Mein herz brenmt

Wow, it is totally different from the slightly more laid back tones that I'm used to from RHCP such as Slow Cheetah, but some similarities exist. I think that marks a good band, still having the same essentials whether it be theme or style, but innovating and changing all the same.

21. John99 Banned Banned

22. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Coming up ... Loverboy!

I'm listening to NetRock101, an internet radio preset in iTunes, right now, and it's just killing me. I've heard Stabbing Westward, Great White ("Mista Bone"), Dream Theater, Judas Priest ("Turbo Lover"), just endured Doro & Warlock ("Without You"), and now they're playing Ozzy & Lita ("If I Close My Eyes Forever"). A few others that slipped by me, but wow. Oh, right. Helix. Um ... who else, who else? But, yeah. Between nostalgia and cheese, I think I'm drowning.

23. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I have an 8 track

I guess I should be embarased too.