What's the point of reincarnation?

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by Magical Realist, Feb 24, 2014.

1. kmguru Staff Member

The catch is just like we individuals have town, city, county, state, country and the planet....same way Spirit Universe does that manages this Universe for the last 10 Billion years...hence the issues...that is a long story...part of that can come from Edgar Cayce Akashic Records as a entry...and you are correct...people will do better and live a better life...for sure...you can not even masturbate (your family spirits are watching...eh!)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kmguru Staff Member

BillyT

I was thinking...photons can only go at the speed of light and has wave and particle properties. Someone told me that photons have a covering that is some type of force that provides wave like properties while photon is a particle. Does that make sense?

And if we can move that field (whatever that is) provide energy to boost...then you can have FTL...just a thought...

You are the Physics major, let us find out the real details...

Then we can talk about Dark Matter and the cloaking of space ships....or people...

(Ref: http://science.nasa.gov/astrophysics/focus-areas/what-is-dark-energy/ )

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Not to me. I don't like words with no real content used to expand things. I prefer to admit that human knowledge / understanding comes from human experiences and parts of nature that are not subject to that are best just accepted to be as we meaure them without trying to shove them into a human frame work of understanding - stick with the math models that predict well. - Resist the human desire to know why / how.

I find it interesting that no one but me, AFAIK, has postulated* dense multiple magnetic monopole objects as possible (even a predicted by theory) as a major component of dark matter (if not 100% of it.) See representation of idea in post 37. They could be more than 1000 times denser than depleted uranium and to the extent the number of N monopoles = number of S monopoles (and that would be nearly certain to be the case as any residual N excess would preferentially attract and acquire S) their magnetic field might be less than a modest size rare earth magnet. We know photons pass thru its field as if it were not there.

Thus, I suspect that dense round monopole crystal would not reflect light as that is achieved well by inducing an electric current in the reflecting surface's (typically a conductor) outer layers but a glass/air interface discontinuity reflects ~4% of the light normally without any free current flow. It does so however by a "displacement current" - The bound electrons are driven in tiny oscillatory motion (to speak classically) at the frequency of the E field of the EM wave. I suspect the magnetic monopole crystal is a "supper glass" - photons just pass thru it freely. Only their gravity is observable - like Dark Matter.

* That postulate, kills two mystery birds with one stone: (1) what is dark matter and (2) why are no magnetic monopoles ever found?

BTW Bohm's QM theory may be the source of what you were told. In it, everything is particles but each has its own "guiding wave." I was quite attracted to Bohm's theory as it does not have particles in two different places at the same time** (lots of appeal to a human, like me.) - I even bought one of his books, but then discovered what I think is a fatal flaw. - It conflicts with the fact all electrons are identical.

I set up a thought experiment that shows this, some what related to how I measured the length of some photon with a two path interferometer. (paths being different in length) Basic idea is that particles A & B have guiding waves a & b. If particle B enters the interferometer and only goes via one leg of it, the longer one, (but b goes thru both -according to Bohm) and A enters slightly later and goes via the shorter leg both could reach the screen where interence pattern is observed at the same time. How does particle A know to be "guided" by wave a and not by wave b? I. e. there must be some difference between A & B, or as I state it each has a unique ID - a name. Yet all electrons are identical can not have their own unique name. Also there are a hell of a lot of electrons in the universe - A name list would be quite long.

** Yet gives the same predictions / answers as the more accepted QM for all experiments.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2014
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kmguru Staff Member

I am glad, we are talking about this. I have a contact who talked me about this and perhaps work on a EM Field generation device. I will pass this to him.

One thing he said is that you can take the Dark Matter and create a shield with some kind of EM device and that would give you cloaking facility in normal matter....not sure if we have gadgets at present that can do that...

I am trying to set up a physics lab in about 4 years and see what we can do ...we shall see...The idea is to develop various technologies to create space ships that can move fast...may be FTL, may be Wormhole and do the cloaking too to stay away from prying eyes...

Also I had a lucid dream that showed that the Universe has some type of dark energy (or something) links all across space that one can use to travel..gravitational force is different in this links...not sure what that means. Just that the device showed a Orange filament across the space connected to other Orange filaments and the space ship has to ride that...could be just a dream...

Thanks for reading my post...Just to tell you a psychic that told me, I was a system engineer in the space ship (Indian call it Vimanas) during Lord Rama Civilization some 100,000 years ago and that the details can be found in Antarctica library and building in Moon...so whether that is tru or false...I need to find out what technology they were using....and hence my push again...since I was there along with Da Vinchi as my boss...

So we shall see what we can do this time...thank you again...and I am sure you were there too...and now in Dark Ages...

**I take it back...just learned that Dark Matter is a four dimensional object that we can not interact...just observe only...

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  8. Balerion Banned Banned

Considering that reincarnation, like all afterlife myths, is something of a protracted way of saying, "Everything will be alright," I don't know why you'd expect it to withstand scrutiny.

9. kmguru Staff Member

Just learned that a large number of top people that provided value to human society did come back one or more times since their passing....

The catch is, they could not do any such additional item to what they did for the first time and hence no one knew about them....For example Buddha came back as one of the Last Dalai Lama and did not do too much....there are others same way....

It is basically a one shot deal...so there are two I know that will come back in 500 to 700 years that will actually provide super benefit and not a one shot deal...

I was a little guy and hence, my activity would not be here until Lord Krishna comes back in 500 to 700 years....then, we can do something good...right now...work on scforums as a pawn...

Enjoy the day...

10. wellwisher Banned Banned

A photon is both a particle and a wave. The particle will follow a more or less continuous path, while the wave will follow a quantum path based on the wavelength. This allows the particle to move fractional wavelengths, where the wave is not yet develop fully. In this case, a previously developed wavelength will follow the continuous moving of the particle, allowing the wave to spread over more than one slot.

Below is an aerial view of a boat (particle) making a wake (wave). The boat moves continuously as shown in the white water, while the wavelengths is quantized.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

The point of reincarnation is to progress spiritually to a point where you overcome it.
    Incarnation is seen as suffering and delusion.
    All your pleasures, if they are sinful will lead to personal suffering.
    Everything you achieve and accrue through selfishness and greed will lead to want and failure.
    At the centre of the problem is the ego, which leads to sinful desires.
    Life leads to life on a meaningless wheel of empty success and failure.

12. kmguru Staff Member

Not to the Universe...It is your choice to have a life...(or may be not, since a computer does not say do not build me)...you do what needs to be done...it is that emotion thing that plays part...Buddha had the same question and could not get out of Life for all...just a thought....

13. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

The same point as heaven and hell. Anything to keep the ego going will suffice.

"The belief in reincarnation is born out of the demand that something will continue after your so-called death. It is the same mechanism which wants to know what will happen after death. For some reason that mechanism, that movement of thought, does not want to come to an end. But, if you want to know if there is anything beyond, you have to die now." UG Krishnamurti

14. kmguru Staff Member

Not according to Buddha...and the Universe is Billions of years old and has to take out an intelligent life in about 100 years...what a mess...

15. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

This entire thread is pointless since there is no such thing as reincarnation. Can anyone provide a *single* clue to it's existence?

I thought not.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. kmguru Staff Member

If it is so bad, why are you here? Talking about your nonexistence God?

17. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Because I figured someone needed to inject some sanity. Has nothing to do with God at all.

18. kmguru Staff Member

As I told you many times, this is about Eastern Philosophy. If you do not like it, stay away from it....It is that simple.

19. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

It isn't a matter of "don't like", it's a matter of "facts" vs "silly superstition."

20. kmguru Staff Member

...to your Religion? That is what is causing issues in China...and it would not stop ...globally is the way. Two western groups keep fighting...and that "Silly Superstition" someday will be so big that the world will be in serious turmoil...you are a Research Guy...you should know that.

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  21. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

I agree, and only note that reincarnation instead of heaven, satisfying this desire is the more reasonable choice in that it does not need as many unfounded postulates as the Christian answer does. Both need a death surviving spirit / soul / consciousness (or what ever you wish to call this enduring, massless, invisible thing.) but the believers in reincarnation don't need to also postulate the existence of heaven (and hell if not all go to heaven). Quite possibly they don't even need to postulate any God - reincarnation is just a natural part of the birth process.

Your last sentence reminded me of Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam, especially these verses (freely translated by FitzGerald* to keep both the spirit and the rhyme in English.):

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
    Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
    Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
    Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.

And, as the Cock crew, those who stood before
    The Tavern shouted--"Open then the Door! ......................... Much of the poem praises wine, women and song; but I quote only a few of the parts concerned about fate.
    You know how little while we have to stay,
    And, once departed, may return no more."

And that inverted Bowl we call The Sky,
    Where under crawling coop't we live and die,
    Lift not thy hands to IT for help--for It
    Rolls impotently on as Thou or I.

Up from Earth's Centre through the seventh Gate
    I rose, and on the Throne of Saturn sate,
    And many Knots unravel'd by the Road;
    But not the Knot of Human Death and Fate.

'Tis all a Chequer-board of Nights and Days
    Where Destiny with Men for Pieces plays:
    Hither and thither moves, and mates, and slays,
    And one by one back in the Closet lays. ............................ Note, this is very consistent with reincarnation, as "Destiny" repeatedly plays this game for 1000s of years.

Strange, is it not? that of the myriads who
    Before us pass'd the door of Darkness through,
    Not one returns to tell us of the Road,
    Which to discover we must travel too.

As well as a great philosopher and poet, Omar was a great mathematician too. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_Khayyám
    Not only did he know and describe many things, even non-Euclidian geometry, and the connection between algebra and geometry using both to solve complex cubic equation, published "Pascal's triangle" {coefficients of (a+b)^n for all n}, and dozens of other results, ~800 years before Europeans learn them.

* FitzGerald made many translations, over a 30+ year period. Poem has been translated by others into more than a dozen modern languages and most agree the beauty of the original is not possible to fully capture in translation.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
  22. kmguru Staff Member

Think about Life in the Universe with physical life that is in short form....how do you manage the Universe for better growth and Ecosystems?....

Th other part is if a Society who do not believe in the after life structure ...beat up another society, the Universe would not let that happen...that means, the Universe will let that society who did not believe in it will not be able to develop the required technology to get there....like Hitler making a mess out of Jews...you do not want any Hitler types starting next time either...just some thoughts...

23. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Do you think the dead are conscious by some other means than the human body? Maybe we are not meant to be dead.