when meditation is an addiction

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by genep, Jan 29, 2006.

1. genep Guest

The collection of thoughts called mind is the Supreme Comedy. Another word for mind, the Supreme Comedy, is brain-body.

The Supreme Comedy works like words in a book. Words in a book define the Supreme Comedy when they try to tell each other that they are just words in a book.
    The same Supreme Comedy works just as well inside a computer. When computer-code inside a computer try to tell each other that they are just computer-code inside a computer then it is the same Supreme Comedy.
    The same Supreme Comedy works inside of sleep-dreams when one part of a dream tries to convince other part of the same dream, inside of the sleep-dream, that they are just part of a dream.
    SO TOO IN LIFE.

Life is the Supreme Comedy that Heaven plays on itself with its fiction, thoughts.
    Heaven is an infinite BLISS called Samadhi, Nirvana. This Heaven is otherwise the thoughtless-Silence of dreamless sleep.

The subject, verb and object of the Supreme Comedy called life is/are all the same: Heaven’s fiction, thoughts.

Thus we have the non-duality of Monism that the infinite-BLISS of Samadhi makes sound better as Heavenism.

Let us call Heaven’s thoughts or fiction maya. The brain-body is thus just a collection of thoughts called maya.
    Life is the Supreme Comedy when one maya (brain-body) tries to convince another maya that they are just a joke that Heaven plays on itself for the JOY called maya.
    If a fiction called maya turns on itself addictively it will meditate addictively for 4-8+ hours a day for 4-5+ years to try to penetrate the mind, maya called brain-body, to be Heaven itself, Samadhi.
    With time this addiction to meditate turns into a Joy that is Heaven it-Self.

The more a mind, maya, tries to use meditation to control thoughts, the mind, the more and more obvious it gets that when thoughts slow down in meditation: 1, thoughts are disconnected; 2, they are totally unpredictable; and 3, they cannot be controlled.

But what makes this JOY of meditation erupt with Laughter is the sudden Realization that thoughts cannot be observed.

Thoughts cannot be observed because thoughts cannot observe thoughts: the mind is the thoughts it is trying to observe. The JOY that explodes into Laugher with this Realization is Heaven itself.
    Once this Heaven explodes with this Laughter it cripples the mind (Kundalini ) so that it never again takes its thoughts, maya, or even meditation, seriously; ever again.

And all this after 5+ years of addictive and also futile meditation that is Heaven itself.

-- UV-gap

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Rajagopals Registered Senior Member

I think it is possible (thoughts can be observed) as I observed my (dangerous) thoughts when ever I saw one guurrrrlll and tried my best to analyze (observe) the situation within my brain/mind to see what is going on and how I can control that

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. oscar confusoid Registered Senior Member

I haven't meditated that much but whenever I have, my goals have been more uh...spiritual (calming yourself and the such) than they have been mental (control of the mind, etc.)

I don't know if it relates, but I recall reading in a book that a human trying to understand reality is like a fish trying to discover water.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2006
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. genep Guest

When the mind slows down in meditation the instant you think you observe a thought it has already gone and you are the memory-of-that thought.

Observing thoughts is a wild goose chase until you focus on the gap between thoughts.
    When the mind slows down then try to figure out what happens between one thought and the "next."
    The gap between thoughts is unfathomable because it is universe-vanishing. It is universe-vanishing because there is no universe in this gap, or outside it, because the universe is also a thought.
    This UV-gap between thoughts thus works exactly like a quantum-gap in physics.

As for controlling thoughts -- it is the illusion called maya. This “no control” also becomes obvious when the mind slows down and you start to hallucinate thoughts/dreams that are totally unpredictable. And so if thoughts cannot be controlled when the mind slows down they also cannot be controlled when the mind speeds up.

-- happy dreams

8. genep Guest

There is no such thing as control because it is a thought, like thinking.

The fish in the water is good analogy.
    A better analogy: a human trying to understand reality is like a blood-cell trying to understand the universe when it is certain that is separate from its surroundings, which is the body that it is in.

But an even better analogy: a human trying to understand reality is like a word in a book trying to understand the other words in the book that it is in.

And the perfect analogy: there is no reality to understand because Heaven (Samadhi) is all there is. The only thing other than Heaven is Heaven’s fiction, thoughts, one of which is “reality.”

-- happy reality

9. Rajagopals Registered Senior Member

Even if you are in the memory-of-a thought you can still observe the thought – I would say rather with the best clarity as it has already happened (and there are no possibilities to it) right ?

But for me this ‘thought watching’ really happened and helped to control how I was feeling about ‘that gurrrll’. I even convinced my mind (in a way thoughts) that the way I was thinking of ‘that gurrlll’ was not right and I need to control my feelings and influence myself with more decent and modern approach to a curvy pile of flesh. So each time the influence got reduced and now this is only a good example of mind control, that’s all !

So how would you explain while you are in sleep. I am sure at least one day you would have got a 3rd degree sleep and your thoughts are fully ‘off’ – do you mean to say – universe stopped ?

Come on, wake up :bugeye:

I disagree completely. When I was in school and was writing exams, the only thing that is there in my mind (thoughts) was around my subject and off the school I had the rest of universe in my mind. Isn’t this not thought controlling? Don’t we start thinking around things that matters at that point of time ? What happens behind the scene is thought control ?

10. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

the thought is an image, i can observe the minds image,

try this, visualise an explosion in cartoon fashion, a colourfull instant pop up, you can pinpoint the exact point in time its not like thinking in words or speach is it,

you can visually see the image, you dont have to be slow and think to yourself "did i just visualise that" you observe it the second it pops up and instantly know what it is,

thinking in words is slow, i think with images, and there isntant,

peace.

11. BLASTOFF Registered Senior Member

meditation can never be an addiction. when you meditate you relax, and everyone likes to relax.

12. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

i didnt really waNT TO TRY IT.. but.. alot of people i knew and met did it.. and yeah, now it was like peir pressure... yeah..

they said it was cool.. no big deal.. that i would like it.....

so.. i started trying it... and yeah they were right..

its was so cool....

but then... then the tumbling started.... over and over.. and over...
    eh.. i had to stop.

but a couple days later.. i had the .. urge.. i needed my fix..

so i did it again...

yeah... wow.. so cool...

and then.. the shaking.. shaking... id open my eyes... and the room was shaking.. but it was just me..

then falling... tumbling.. falling.. spinning.. eh...

but i was addicted.. i had to have more.. and more...

i did care about falling anymore... i didnt care about the tumbling...

i just needed my time... doing it.. its so cool.

then..
    the splitting began.. my body spit in two... slowly tearing apart.. eeehhh..
    and slap.. back together.. then splits again.... and slap.. back again...

that was the last time i tried it...

i kinda gave it up... a bad habit i suppose..

i have an addictive personnality... i guess.
    -MT

13. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

MIND YOU.. the mediatation i practice is one where one lets go of ones body...
    such that over time.. for me.. about 20 minutes.. ii start to loose all feeling of my body...
    first the extremities.. and the the body whole.. and even my sense of breathing..

and if you move.. even alittle.. the whole thing is spoiled and you need to start over.. but it gets easier as you do it..

once you loose all sense of you body... then.. astral projection can begin.

i should pick it up again.... eh?
    -MT