Where are we going?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by andyr, Oct 7, 1999.

1. andyr Registered Member

In this era of mild politics, where are we going? Nowadays there are no radical idealistic views, and everyone is just fine sitting in the middle. So, now there is no cold war, no ideals of right and wrong, what do we do? What do we aim for? I suggest we devote our time and energy to something more beneficial to mankind's future rather than living for the moment!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. faerieshaman killer of terrorists Registered Senior Member

Oh bur Andy theres no money involved there. LOL you know with war or conflict theres money so we must start a war or a conflict to balance the budget. I don't believe there will ever be peace on this planet. The New Agers think there will but i don't, I believe in Karma....yes but i don't see peace in this future not in this lifetime.How can you get rid of a drug problem in a country when your own country is pushing drugs into the country? The U.S. Govt is selling drugs. They are experimenting on their own people with other drugs. Iam forced to take the anthrax shots i take the 5th when in Nov. They say take it or get kicked out. I took experimental meds in Somolia in 93. Until you get rid of corrupt governments,drugs,and violence, then you teach ideals so people raise their kids right; then you might be going in the right path with no more war

------------------
    Eric Cooper

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

I don't believe that we're just sitting in the middle. People lean one way or the other on all issues. The only question is how far they lean which way on any given topic.

There are plenty of radical ideas out there, but let's get used to it, the 60s are dead. The hippies are now the establishment. If you embrace their ideals, you aren't being radical. If you choose your own way, everybody thinks you're a Branch Davidian. The only people, it seems, who are hell-bent on going their own way are the people who express it with violence. They get their messages across because it sells copy. As sad as the situation is, they are the new radicals. They speak their minds, sometimes with bullets, and they don't care what others think about it. One could almost compare today's hate-groups with yesterday's hippies. The only difference is that with hippies you're probably going to get daisies thrown at you rather than molotovs.

I don't admire these people by a long shot. They are a disgrace to the White race. I do, however, understand their rage. If you want a radical idea, what about the notion that a person can be White and proud without hating anyone? I don't want to draw a race war, so hang on for just a second. I am White. I am proud of my White heritage. I believe that everybody should be allowed to be proud of their heritage(s) without having to kiss up to any other race. I have been subject to violent anti-white sentiment from non-white racists. I had been banned from forming a White Student Union because it offended the Black Student Union and the Latino Student Union at the junior high I went to. I was told to give up my seat on a school bus because a teacher wanted two Latino students sitting there. (I invoked the name of Rosa Parks and that was one Black school teacher who never spoke to me again.) I have even been denied medical services at a local clinic because "We only serve Viet Namese here". (I of course went ballistic and got my service.) Through all this, however, I have never allowed myself to stoop so low as to hate anybody. There are some people, and some types of people, I don't necessarily LIKE, but I certainly don't hate them. Racial equality, TRUE racial equality, is as radical an idea as I can think of right now. Until society can stop calling me a nazi because I am proud of who I am, we will never attain racial equality.

Okay, I'll get off the soap box now. But you gotta admit, racism without hatred is pretty radical.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. faerieshaman killer of terrorists Registered Senior Member

Outstanding speech oxygen......i applaud you and agree whole-heartedly. Iam proud of being white as well and respect all races equally as well. I don't believe anyone has any right to discriminate....all that was done in the past is in the past and all that was done than needs to move on with their life and get over it. What was done to the African-Americans was also done to the Jews, the Witches, the Native Americans and so on and so on. No one race was abused any more than the other in my opinion and we all need to get over it. Also on that note, Everyone needs to accept the fact that everyone has their own views. Religiously iam discriminated against by christians because i am a witch. I am in Atlanta stationed here in the army defending the freedom of religion and so on while the christians are on the soapbox to get the military to stop recognizing wicca as a religion this really pisses me off, so i understand exactly what your saying, and yes im a white witch and proud of it lol.

------------------
    Eric Cooper

8. Boris Senior Member Registered Senior Member

I'm white too. But, excuse me, what is there to be proud of???? The color of my skin? My facial features? Come on! You don't choose your race; you are born the way you are. It's no accomplishment of yours, so how can you possibly be proud of it?!?

All this talk of pride (be it Black, Hispanic, Asian, White, or Martian) -- makes absolutely no sense to me. First of all, your appearance does not describe your personality. It doesn't matter how you look on the outside; you could have been the same person but looked different. Yet, by bunching people together because of their appearance, or because of their "heritage" -- tends to downplay their individuality and naturally create cliques: "you are not one of us, and I am not one of you" -- based on <u>what</u>??

The entire practice of dividing people into categories is, in my opinion, unjustified, counterproductive, and passe. Why can't we get over this primitive tribal thinking, and finally realize that we are human because of our brains, not because of our ancestry?

------------------
    I am; therefore I think.

9. H-kon Registered Senior Member

Hey Boris. You don't believe in Aliens now do you ?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

(Okay different forum.. I said Different forum Dammit!)

10. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

We aren't going anywhere. The biggest tragedy of the human menagerie is that we have the potential to create damn near anything we want. But everything we do seems to be counterproductive.

People want freedom, but they only want their kind of freedom, and sack everyone else ("It's my First Amendment right to tell you to shut up"). People want prosperity, but all they can do is invent ficticious dollar values and skim off the top. People want social peace but work toward a less educated, more violent, less cohesive society.

Listen to politicians and watch the ballot box. The same pro-life movement that loves guns wants to reduce crime but votes to shift the money from inner-city textbook purchses to rural high school golf teams and new scoreboards for the football teams.

We want less crime, so we cancel crime-prevention packages and build more prisons.

We want better education, but it shouldn't cost money.

We want better healthcare so we elect lawyers and accountants to handle it.

So, if you see the truck coming, and the child in the street, and you watch it happen, are you in any way responsible?

Likewise, if you vote for a policy that you know is bad, and the effect is as bad as the rest of us knew, are you at all responsible?

It's my right, it's my right. What about responsibility? Strangely, constitutional responsibility is apparently about being responsible enough to not be gay, or black, or Hispanic, or whatever annoys the responsible people.

OK, it's late, I'm loaded. On the one hand, I don't think we're going anywhere as a human race. To the other, though, I don't seem to disturbed by the situation.

thx,
    Tiassa

------------------
    "Let us not launch the boat until the ground is wet." (Khaavren of Castlerock)

11. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Boris-No, race is not a choice, but I am proud to be white not in the sense of "look what I did", but rather in the sense of "this is who I am". All my life I have been told that anyone who is proud to be Black or Hispanic is a noble person in touch with their ancestry, while anyone who is proud to be White is a neo-nazi racist skinhead. They all failed to explain to me why only a White person could be "racist". It's all well and good to be proud to be human, but to stop there is to go against the individualism you speak of.

faerieshaman- I wholeheartedly support your right to be a Witch. Anybody who tries to ban you from the Service based on your religion needs to be reminded of Plymouth Rock as well as Kristallnacht. I was all but ostracized in the Navy when they found out I was an atheist. I held my ground, though. Religious persecution wasn't what they fought for at Omaha or Okinawa.

12. ltcmmdr Registered Senior Member

I think we're going down hill. If everybody stop and think we're not doing much for our future. If we need to bring peace into the future we need to stop blaming others for our own problems and get on with our lives. Plus money is a driving force of the human race so there is a lot of problems of the way we do things like greed and war. We don't have much of a chance. I also see flaws in our government too.

------------------
    everything is not what it
    appears to be

13. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Do you have any idea of what a perfect government is? Every government has flaws. The big question is, what does the citizenry do about it? What are you doing about it?

------------------
    "Shine, sweet Freedom..."

14. Fukushi -meta consciousness- Registered Senior Member

I hope your happy now,...