Where do the laws of physics come from?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Write4U, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Write4U Valued Senior Member

This lecture struck me as worthy of consideration.
    I'm prejudiced. The professor explains my perspective, but does it sooo much better....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

IMO, mathematics is the "necessary being" (foundation) for the orderly expansion of the universal values and functions.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. river

To your last statement , of mathematics .

But mathematics for any of the universal values and functions to be TRUE must always come back to understanding physical things movements , interactions , forms of , properties of , environment , energy etc.

Mathematical Values , functions mean nothing ; if no physical form(s) come about because of these values and functions .

Hence why I have said many times that without the physical there is no mathematics .

These " laws " come about because the Universe is fundamentally physical . And has fundamental limits on what any physical and biological form can take on .

Concrete can never become a tree . Both are entirely different physical forms . All forms are unique unto themselves , one form doesn't suddenly become

The " laws " of physics come from what physical things can and can not do . The mathematics is the resultant ; consequence .

Another way ; mathematics does not manifest in and of its self a physical galaxy in this Universe .

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Actually it does. The reason it can is due to the constancy of certain values and functions in spacetime. When there is constancy of values, there is constancy of interactions and that provides the foundation for mathematically consistent behaviors. Periodic occurrences are inherently mathematical and can be symbolized with mathematical equations.
    It's the other way around. Universal values and functions are TRUE. Humans need to understand those relative values and functions from observation to be able to represent the relative values and functions with a symbolic language.

i.e. the Fibonacci Sequence originated from observation of natural patterns. This sequence is abundantly present in the universe and is indicative of the natural mathematical essence of spacetime. Mathematics are efficient, a property highly prized by nature. Evolution and Natural Selection are mathematical functions, from which many conclusions can be drawn,including the emergence of the universe and all that makes up our observable reality.

Even in Chaos theory mathematical patterns emerge spontaneously from compatible interactions of relative values.

Actually we can show the natural image of the value 4/3. It's a beautiful pattern and proves the compatibility of human mathematics with the pattern forming mathematics of Nature.

start @ 6:55 for the remarkable transformation of a 4/3 relationship into an wonderful pattern.

All this clearly shows that the relative values of things in nature have natural mathematical relationships, which can be expressed by several different equations if calculated from different perspectives.

Human symbolic mathematics accurately represent natural mathematical values and functions in nature. It is what makes our physics (interpretation) of reality possible.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.