Where is the pleasure...??

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by TruthSeeker, May 24, 2002.

?

Where do you live? / Where is better to live?

1. I live in a big city.

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. I live in a small city.

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. It is better in the big city.

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. It is better in the small city.

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

How many people here lives in big cities and how many lives in small ones? I would like to see how people feel in big cities and small...

While I wait... I put my own experience...

My experience in big city:
    I've born in a big city. I lived all my life in a tiny apartment. I had almost no space and lots of limitations. My imagination just had no space to grow and to show up. Fortunatly, it survived it...

In my city, I've hardly seen the sun setting. All that I see is just gray buildings. Fortunatly, I lived in Rio de Janeiro and we have a beach (everyone knows that, I suppose...). But not a very good sight anyways. You can easily see the brown line of pollution in the horizon (in Napoli is even worse...).

In my city, there's so much noise that sometimes I can't sleep until 12:00AM because there are too many cars in the street. The noise don't stop until 1:00AM and sometimes 2:00AM. Machines are also very noisy and it's very easy to get stressed (probably one of the reasons of stress and violence in big cities...).

Big cities are also very crowdy. You really have no space...

It's hot. REALLY hot and uncomfortable. Most of the big cities are like that. Not very pleasant when there's a wind...

The way that big cities smell is pretty... peculiar too. The smoke from buses, cars and factories (for those who live near them) is terrible. I Loved when there it rained in my city... the smell of rain is delicious...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

My experience in small city:
    How much space I have here!! The children I see here is naturally happy. They play in lawns and have lots of space for themselves. They can even play in the middle of the street! It's a dream...

Here, I see the sunset from my living room! It's always beautiful. The city has thousands of trees. In the fall, everything is yellow and red. In the winter everything is white. In the summer everything is green. In the spring there are too many colors to cite!! There are flowers of all colors. The view of the forest, the mountains and the sky is always colorful and vibrant.

No noise at all! I can easily sleep even at 8:00PM if I want.
    Instead of cars, trucks, buses and machines there are birds and running water that sweetly permeates the air...

The streets are usually empty (somewhat) and it's easy to find someone that you know.

The temperature is usually balanced. It depends on the season. The wind is always wonderful; even in the winter.

In small cities you can smell freely.

Lots of flowers with sweet aroma, the rain, the forest... everything smeels good.

To write your description...
    Use your senses!

Think of what and how you see , listen , smell , touch ...

Where is the pleasure? Big city or small city?

Note: Multiple choice allowed in order to answer both questions.

Love,
    Nelson

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

I grew up first in Frankston. A nice outer suburb, quiet and safe and all, trees and such here and there. Not too crowded.

At 11 we moved to a farm. Cleaner air, horses, room to run about, but no other people to play with or anything. Better place, except for the complete lack of people.

Eventually the area was developed, more people and all, but by that time I didn't give a damn and preferred to stay well away from people because people are annoying.

Then I lived ona ship. Yay.

Now live in uni dorms. Yay.

I do not like living in cities. Too many people, all of them in a hurry. To dirty and stinky.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ismu ::phenomenon::. Registered Senior Member

I think I prefer to live in the jungle. But I brought some gadget, so I'll impress some primitive community, and then they make me as their king. And I'll demand all of their pretty chicks to give to me.

Sounds pretty mess, eh?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Clarentavious Person Registered Senior Member

Easy answer

It's better in the big city, IMO. From my way of looking at it, in a big city you always have what you need. If you don't like the world (and I'm one of those people who doesn't), stay away from it. Stay at home in your house and let all of those millions of fools run around the streets.

Or run away from it. Drive to remote place

In a big city, you have hospitals. You have malls. You have the resources you need, generally.

If you live in a small town and something goes wrog, you're in trouble. Everybody thinks they know their neighbors, but alot of serial killers come out of small towns. You may have 100 square miles of unnatural scenery at best.

I just don't feel comfortable in a place where there's so little. If your little town is lucky enough to have it's on news station on TV, there's generally nothing ever happening.

I live in a big city and I like it here.

8. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

I grew up in a small city and really disliked everything about it. Now I live in a big city and love everything about it. But soon I will be moving back to that small city and I guess there will be a lot of issues and memories to deal with. Thinking of keeping a smaller cheap apartment in the big city too, just in case.

I dislike small cities because people are often very narrow minded, or you get too many close encounters with narrow minded people then you have in a big city. In a big city you have privacy in another way too, and then there is so much life and movement. Living in a small city is like living in a "Big Brother" ( a docu-soap) -house with cameras all around.

I would prefer very small village with much distance between the houses than small city.
    But maybe it will be different this time.

9. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I lived in NYC until I was six and I loved it, every step of the way. We lived near Central Park, or another park I'm not sure, but well within driving or walking distance of it. It was gorgeous wherever you went in New York, in Manhattan, in the park. There was always, always, always something to do, something that I seriously lack now that I live in a very small town on a small island (connected to the land via bridge).

The place I live now is perhaps even more beautiful, it's a National Park in the North but it is very warm now, always beautiful. We have a huge movie theatre from like, the twenties, but it costs too much to heat the f*cker so we always freeze our asses off every time we go.

10. bbcboy Recovering christian Registered Senior Member

Liverpool is quite a large city and has a very long and colourful history. I have visited many larger cities that were fun to visit but that's all. I hate London. It's such an anonymous place. I like the facilities of a big city but at heart I'm a country bumpkin

11. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

I don't know how he does it, but Ismu has come up with the best answer yet again.

12. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

I grew up in a small city. Near the edge of the Forest.

Wonderful place to live. We lived in a house which was apart from others in the street, with a big yard all around it, with beautiful trees and a big lawn.

it was really great to live there. That same street is now changed and they built a lot of other houses in the open spaces, so the yards and all have disappeared for the most part. it is a shame, though. The people were all friendly and everybody in the neighbourhood knew eachother. No problems what so ever. Well, that was a while back, mentality has changed over the years.

I lived in a few big cities. It was not bad, only we had to travel a little to visit the Forest. People in the big cities are different, they are more on their own and don't care so much for others, even if you live in the same apartment, sometimes you don't even know who your neighbours are, except for saying: "Hello", when you meet them in the elevator.

Now I live in a smaller city. With a back-yard and that's wonderful.

If the choice was completely up to me and it was possible, I would live in the top of a tree. Seeems so great, to live up there and just be one of the Forest inhabitants...

13. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

Big city. I have done internships in companies in small towns before. I can't find people my age. Most young people don't live in small towns.

14. Lesion42 Deranged Hermit Registered Senior Member

I like Ismu's idea too.

15. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Some observations...

Originally posted by Banshee:
    I agree with that. But in the case of my city, we know some of our neighbours. People of Brazil is very friendly...

Originally posted by Clarentavious:
    Depends on how small is the city... We have a good ospital here, in Nelson BC but the problem is that the government is doing cuts on "expenses"...

From my point of perspective it seems that small towns are very peaceful... And it also seems that it is in big cities where mental illness is rampant enough to create serial killers...:bugeye:

Now with all this technology and global village there's much more fun in small towns... Many people here have TVs with more than 100 channels, for example (and I saw one with more than 700!

).

Love,
    Nelson