Whisky, red wine and neurotransmitters

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by smarko, Jul 10, 2004.

1. smarko Registered Member

I'm curious.. to what neurotransmitters do whisky and red wine affect? And in what ways? I'm interested in more deeper explanations than "it affects serotonin levels" or "it affects serotonin receptors". That wouldn't be very useful information. I'm trying to understand why do they make me feel so much better, in many ways, than any antidepressant that I've tried.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. HollieandGene Registered Member

"I'm trying to understand why do they make me feel so much better, in many ways, than any antidepressant that I've tried."

Whew, I don't have an answer, but I read this and had to say watch yourself. The way you worded that puts up a big caution flag that you could fall into alcoholism quite easily.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

You may be under the influence of placebo effects, smarko. What's special about
    red wine and whiskey in comparison with other spirits and wines ?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. feanjack Registered Member

Hi,

Red wine contains high level of antioxidant. These antioxidant are called resveratrol.It's a compound which is found only in red grapes.

8. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Smarko has been patiently waiting at his computer for almost 10 years for that reply - now he can get on with his life, I know he is thankful that you have released him.

And welcome to the forum.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!