Who are Canadians?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by jonny danger, Nov 28, 2002.

1. jonny danger Registered Member

Canadians:

While traveling overseas you meet a lot of them. As a matter of fact there are about 10 times more Americans than Canadians in this World, but if you work over seas in the lowly business of teaching Asians to speak English (EFL), you will find they out-number Americans about 3:1. The Asians believe we have a lot in common, I don’t. Canadians are constantly – so it seems – making the point they are not Americans – not to be confused with the carpet-bombing, gun toting, warmongers who rule the World with their gee-gosh weapons. I do believe a Canadian’s only identify is that he isn’t an American. Here locally, during our frequent ill exchanges of world issues, our northern neighbors fester on the fact we are a gun-happy society, shooting each other at will, or just for sport. My response to them has been: ‘Good for you Canadians we are gun-crazed.’ Or, ‘Are our guns killing Canadians?’
    The point is this: The stronger America get militarily, the weaker Canada becomes. They are leaning on us and not doing their part in a battle that isn’t exactly an ‘in-yo-face- let’s-kill-Canadians world order conflict.’ “After all The WTC is (was) an American thing, you let it happen, you pay for it, you have all the guns – use them.” We all know the Russians aren’t coming buy if they did they’d meet the Polaris fleet on the way. So why then do they criticize us as if we were war-thirsty cavemen. I don’t know what to think about Canadians today. They used to be such a peaceful, simple folk, funny talking, Northern neighbor; what is there one could say about a Canadian? Can we make issue of their founding fathers (who are they anyway?) or their philosophy, their international or political views (what are they anyway?), their stand on world issues (you guessed it)? What is a Canadian anyhow? He’s not an American. And proud of it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. GB-GIL Trans-global Senator Evilcheese, D-Iraq Registered Senior Member

You're a strange chap.

Say, are you by any chance

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. jonny danger Registered Member

Did all your other 1328 replies get one of these? Say, who is she? I've been away for a long time. Is she Canadian? Is she Pam Anderson, my favorite Canadian?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Speaking of Canadian's everywhere, there's a Canadian in my college and she is the love of my life *sigh*

8. You Killed Jesus 14/88 Registered Senior Member

We're better than Americans, that's what.

When the nuclear war between China and the USA is through, the Canadians will descend from the 49th parallel and rule the ashes.

9. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

and the rubble, cant forget the rubble.

10. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I'd buy a large shipment of charcoal, microwaved of course

11. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Part of a Canadian's identity is definetly "hey, I'm not a Yank!" Who wouldn't be when your politicians make comments like this:

12. jandt remlik Registered Senior Member

canadians

strengths are seen by americans as weakness.

Canada is the female energy to the american male

Canada is the first country to beat america in a war (1812), Vietnam being next, and finally Russia, (used to force america into the forever debt and as we are seeing now, untimate control of the elite.)

Canadians have better beer, music, seasons, animals, people, air quality, community, health care, politics, ethics, manners, intellegence, respect, understanding, compassion.................................................................i could go on and on..................

I don't blame you for not understanding, you are an american, you come from a school system that spends more on education than any other country in the world, but ranks 33rd internationally for schools. You are conditioned from birth to "shut up, consume and die". You love your servitude and think you are the best in the world.

Look up the word Paradox...............................give it lots of thought...............................find a Canadian to help you..............................on second thought, go watch a football game and forget the whole thing.

I must add that the reason you are in the mess you are in now is due to the fact that your parents turned a blind eye to Jack Kennedy's murder. 9/11, al-quida, iraq, homeland defence, all because people were afraid to challenge a single freaking bullet.

I MEAN COME ON POINDEXTER AND KISSINGER...........

Here's an analagy for you,

IT'S THE BOTTOM OF THE NINTH, say hello to georgyO...............

Last edited: Nov 29, 2002
  13. jonny danger Registered Member

Oh sure, I'm just another ignorant USAn

My parents died about the time JFK was elected. I was in high school. You assume a lot – even my age. I wasn’t born and raised to look down on anyone. My parents were bohemian elite and both of them university professors in Boston, not K-Marketeers in Bellingham Wa.
    In my college days I went to Canada every weekend. I loved it. I loved Canadians. But that was 30 years ago. The Canadian I meet are a different breed. I know American has changed a lot in 30 years as well. We are stronger and you weaker.
    It is common consensus in Asia and Latin America, in EFL circles, that Canadians nationalize when congregated in a foreign land. American bashing flows out of the pipes of these guys despite the flow of Molson Ale going in doing its best to restrict it.
    I think it to be short sighted to judge a nation by how good the beer and cheese is. And I don't believe sewing circles to be a better news authority than the press, any press. If we here in Asia ‘have to’ perceive a Canadian we must realize he/she is one whom has elected to leave his homeland. The Canadian who stays behind must suffer even more misfortune.
    Because there is no job for him in Canada and a 50% income tax, he has nothing to call his own except his fine, 'free', dental work. The Canadian work ethic reflects how desperate they are: never stand up to these rude Chinese-types who think we are White slaves, or defray their existence as a guest in the nation of another, they are educated to snitch (for lack of a better term). They are a sad and hypercomplient 1960’s Russian junior politician afraid and obsessed with going to the gulag of he doesn’t defer to whomever The Peter Principle has put in charge (Lawrence Peter – there’s one Canadian I respect). Office 'he said/she said' dominates most of his idle time. Talking privately to the boss takes up the rest.
    Ask most Asians or Latin Americans where they would like to go to build a new life. If they choose Canada it is because they can’t get into the USA. We suck these days in the political sense, I know, but America does provide for its people @ about 1/3 the taxing as Canada and still maintains fleets of defensive gear, ultratecnology, an economy that dwarfs yours. And in turn, provides free security for Canada, Mexico and any other friendly neighbor. Most importantly; no one is kicking sand in our faces.
    Canada never takes a stand, as a nation or at a personal level. In the past, in their speech patterns, they often raised their voices at the end of a statement, making the it sound more like a question. To an American it sounded as someone who hadn’t the balls to make a statement, so afraid to offend, so afraid to be somebody. Not any more. Now they profess to being somebody; I'm not an American!
    Canadians are fleeing Canada, that’s way you outnumber us 30:1 (per capita) in this lowly profession of EFL (mostly women by the way). America is a nation people want into. Once they’re there, they usually stay.
    There are three kids of people in this world; those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, those who wonder what happened? I’d rather be leprous than a poor and proud citizen from a nation without ANY identity. I’d rather be famous for guns and action movies than famous for cheese. In my humble opinion.

14. YoungWriter Audiophile Registered Senior Member

Re: canadians

Actually, you're wrong. As a Canadian, you don't know your history very well.

In 1812, you were owned (a colony) by Britain, part of the British Empire. While I don't exactly know Canada's military size at the time, it was the British army that kept us out of Canada during the American Revolution and the War of 1812.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but your opinion is not gospel. Beer, music, seasons, animals, people, community, health care, politics, ethics, manners, intelligence (which requires knowing how to spell), respect, understanding, and compassion are all opinions. The only one you're probably right about is the air quality.

15. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Yes. Remember the four Canadian soldiers the USA bombed, I think last year?

16. jandt remlik Registered Senior Member

actually

you need to brush up on your history. While we were not officially canada yet, the citizens of the country, with the help of the indians you screwed time and again, coupled with american and british indifference allowed canada to win.

17. YoungWriter Audiophile Registered Senior Member

Re: actually

Britain had one of, if not, the largest empire and miltiary, in the world at the time. If it wasn't for them, we wouldn't have been defeated so miserably.

If it was just the Canadians and native americans, it would, at best, be a close call.

18. jandt remlik Registered Senior Member

if not for the

brilliant commanding of general brock and tecumseh, inflating strength of the british and native soldiers, i would now be an american. Despite the pleas of brock, britian would not spare much for the war effort.

This coupled with gross incompetence of american generals allowed canada to keep the american nightmare south of the 49th...........thank freakin god............

19. MacZ Caroline Registered Senior Member

Actually, it's because Canadians (and most other nationalities) have far more interest in discovering something of the world than your typical American. And in discovering it in the real sense, rather than as a "Disneyland" beyond it's borders.

20. jonny danger Registered Member

canadians want to discover the World?

There are two Canadian males here at this university at the monent. One is about 50 and the other is about 45. I'd bet a month's pay neither one of these two ever had a sexual experience with a woman before they came to Thailand. Both of them have a personality you could buy for a dime and are noted around here as the Mortician and Hairy Ears by the students. If a K-Marter comes to discover Thailand or anywhere else in the World it's because he can't get laid back home, can't get a job, or an E-society has left him shoveling snow. In Mexico it is the Canadian women who are the dredge, probably go to charm the ever-too-easy-can't-understand-English-anyhow Mexican male, or try to meet American men deaf enough not be critical of her speech. Eh!!? In my humble opinion.

21. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

Let's discuss this while having a Boston thea party

22. GB-GIL Trans-global Senator Evilcheese, D-Iraq Registered Senior Member

you're sort of stupid, you know that? there is no problem here.

canada and america aren't afraid of one another.

dumbfreak.

23. jandt remlik Registered Senior Member

actually gil

many of us are quite afaid of america and becoming americans.

We are so different from you. More than most americans will ever understand. We see you as the steroid taking, kinda dumb, distant cousin, usually up to no good.