Who are more moral? Men or women?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Greatest I am, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

1 winner and 49 loosers and the 49 losers are happy they lost.

Ok.

Regards
    DL

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

But they at least tried and did their best, perhaps even bettered their own times than in previous races too. By trying to win you know that you are at least "in the race" and excercising while many others just sit by and watch as the runners go by them. $9 didn't lose, they came in 2nd thru 49th but they all finished the race. Again I emphasize there was no "evil" intentions when running the race.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Repetition does not make it any more believable or true.

Next time you are competing at poker and lose an all in hand, remember how happy you feel that you got to pay.
    Remember as well as you thank and smile at you opponent that he only had good intentions in handing you your ass.

Regards
    DL

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Arioch Valued Senior Member

Competition is neither good nor evil in my worldview, it just is(and always will be) and we'd best learn to deal with that. Competition results in both "good" and "bad" actions which will vary from circumstance to circumstance and person to person. In other words, since our evolution produced social animals which are driven by both cooperative and competitive instincts we must use our gift of increased intellect and being able to contemplate the future to temper the destructive results of both of said instincts.

8. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Rhetoric.

We all know this.
    We do not know how.

Regards
    DL

9. billvon Valued Senior Member

I've come in 3rd at national competitions and been very happy with my performance. Heck, my first 4-way team came in 10th in Advanced class and we were all pretty happy with our level of achievement.

Not everyone has only one goal.

10. Arioch Valued Senior Member

@Greatest --

Like hell we don't, we do it every day. The only thing we really have a problem with is knowing when to do it and having the will to follow through.

11. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

That does not take away from the fact that the winner was happier than the losers.

Regards
    DL

12. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I rest my case.

We collectively do not know how.

Regards
    DL