Who believe in reincarnation?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Saint, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Saint Valued Senior Member

Who believe in reincarnation?
    This is what Buddhism believes.
    I think it is a good system, you will become what you are according to your karma,
    it is a fair system.
    No God will judge you but your only karma.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Not me.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Cite any, or no judge...still..."no one here gets out alive".

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

In the teaching of the Buddha, all of us will pass away eventually as a part in the natural process of birth, old-age and death and that we should always keep in mind the impermanence of life. The life that we all cherish and wish to hold on.

To Buddhism, however, death is not the end of life, it is merely the end of the body we inhabit in this life, but our spirit will still remain and seek out through the need of attachment, attachment to a new body and new life. Where they will be born is a result of the past and the accumulation of positive and negative action, and the resultant karma (cause and effect) is a result of ones past actions.

This would lead to the person to be reborn in one of 6 realms which are; heaven, human beings, Asura, hungry ghost, animal and hell. Realms, according to the severity of ones karmic actions, Buddhists believe however, none of these places are permanent and one does not remain in any place indefinitely. So we can say that in Buddhism, life does not end, merely goes on in other forms that are the result of accumulated karma. Buddhism is a belief that emphasizes the impermanence of lives, including all those beyond the present life. With this in mind we should not fear death as it will lead to rebirth.

The fear of death stemmed from the fear of cease to be existent and losing ones identity and foothold in the world. We see our death coming long before its arrival, we notice impermanence in the changes we see around us and to us in the arrival of aging and the suffering due to losing our youth. Once we were strong and beautiful and as we age, as we approach our final moments of life we realize how fleeting such a comfortable place actually was.

This misconception is understandable, given that Tibetan Buddhists (such as the Dalai Lama), who do believe in a form of reincarnation, are perhaps the most "visible" of the many sects of Buddhism. Also, watching recent movies like Little Buddha, Seven Years in Tibet or Kundun, might lead one to believe that Tibetan Buddhism is "representative" of Buddhism in general. However, Shin Buddhists generally treat belief in reincarnation in the same way we treat belief in a god: We don't give it much thought. What's important is not which Buddhists believe in reincarnation and which don't, but that all Buddhists do strive to awaken to one central teaching: The universal truth of the impermanent and interdependent nature of all life. As our awareness of this truth awakens, so does our awareness of compassion.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...vYHoCw&usg=AFQjCNGyt_2mcaMYpzYbOIpZikNp1vfMKg

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...vYHoCw&usg=AFQjCNEI5tu7eu92XynXINs_X6SnRIPOZQ

8. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

A person is defined by the memories & thought processes that reside in his brain. Do those who believe in reincarnation think that those memories & thought processes (or copies) reside elsewhere?

What does it mean to be reincarnated?

I have seen claims which did not include the person having all the detailed memories of the deceased. In this case, I would not call it reincarnation.

Are there any reported cases of a person having detailed memories of a dead person? Have such memories been validated?

9. Syne Sine qua non Valued Senior Member

"Experience is not what happens to you; it's what you do with what happens to you."
    - Aldous Huxley

10. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

I usually do; but it's more complicated than just straight reincarnation. I think that there can be hiccoughs along the way, resulting in revenants and ghosts and such things. And that there can be a terminus for one's path on the cycle of rebirth--ascending to the Summerlands or going to Elysium, as some of my co-religionists might phrase it.

11. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

From my Post #5:
    The above seem top me like very pertinent questions.

I was hoping that a believer in reincarnation would be interested in answering some (if not all) of the above questions?

Are there any believers paying attention to this Thread?

12. kwhilborn Banned Banned

I think reincarnation is possible/probable.

13. Sorcerer Put a Spell on you Registered Senior Member

You stepped on my daddy!!!!!!!