Who believes NASA or a subgroup of NASA is hiding something?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by qfrontier, Jul 23, 2002.

?

Do you believe NASA is hiding breakthrough technologies?

1. I totally believe it and have a backup

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. I believe it and I cant back it up

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. It could be possible but I wouldn't want to do anything with it

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  4. They are very honest to the public of their Xperiments and results

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  1. qfrontier Captain Of Starship Registered Senior Member

I would like to know who thinks NASA or (one of) its sub group is conducting research on 'Alien' technology. Why do you believe so?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

I have a chip in my arse that lets them control my thoughts.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Theres nothing to say they aren't

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tyler Registered Senior Member

There's nothing to say an invisible purple squid-rhino hybrid doesn't live at the bottom of the ocean. But you don't see me believing that without any proof.

8. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Yes, but you don't have any proof against it. It's possible theres one of 'whatever you said'.

9. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Exactly, my claim does not deserve to be called valid though as I had zero evidence to back it up. It's just something I'd like to believe.

10. Neutrino_Albatross Legion of Dynamic Discord Registered Senior Member

Personally i don't think NASA is too underfunded and incomepetent to hide alien technology.

11. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Its entirely possible. I don't see anyone saying 'I've got evidence to prove against it'. With government agencies today, I wouldn't be surprised if NASA went down the same road as many others.

12. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

Nasa = low budget and unfunding.
    If they had 'alien technology' they would have patented it and would be selling it to the highest bidder to make some money. Although, i cant proove they dont have alien technology. I have an open mind on this subject, although, it does'nt really bother me.

13. Don H Registered Senior Member

Are you asking because former employee Richard Hoagland is currently suing NASA for witholding FOIA requests?

14. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Personally, I think that if NASA found anything remotely indicating alien life that they would have to pass it to the goverment from which it gets its funding. (There is most likely some sort of catch-clause for such an event for accepting the funds) Our government would naturally slap a national security clause on any info while they figure out how to take advantage of any knowledge that was obtained. I think that would be about as far as NASA would go in keeping general secrets of such nature.

Those who believe in conspiracies at every corner will not agree. They are long on accusations and speculations and short on proof. (Of course those who they see as the problem are also conspirators to prevent them from gaining knowledge. Strange coincidence isn't it.)

I would say that the proof rests on those making the accusations. Otherwise it is just smoke and mirrors.

15. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

So the thread should be 'Who believes the Government or a subgroup of is hiding alien technology?'

16. Lesion42 Deranged Hermit Registered Senior Member

Where's Fox_Mulder when you need him?

Anyhoo, NASA is probably hiding a lot of stuff, but it's military designs, not alien technology. I mean, what's the point of covering it up if they had it? Half the people in the US think that there are aliens, and the other half doesn't give a hoot 'n hollar if there are or not.

17. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I believe in aliens. Theres no reason not to. Whether they've come to this planet is a different story.

Military designs, I'm assuming you mean stuff like the Stealth Bomber and the F22 Raptor.

18. Xev Registered Senior Member

NASA is hiding things. Definitly.
    Like all my sewing needles.
    And the mate to one of my favorite pairs of socks.
    And a book I borrowed on the history of the concept of Antichrist.
    AND ALL MY BEER!

19. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

they got all your beer? how do you live?
    anyways, the title of the thread should be 'who is a conspiracy nut and thinks everything is a conspiracy?'.
    the point of covering it up would be to not cause mass-panic which could have some very serious consequences. But i dont believe they do, so there!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Er Tyler, I've just realised something about that big purply thing. It invisible, how can you find it?

21. thed IT Gopher Registered Senior Member

What tickles me is about these people (Hoagland, Lazar et al)claiming NASA are hiding some big secret is that no one tries to silence them. I mean, come on, if you where privy to a great, big, fat, hairy secret of that importance you'd have the spooks crawling all over you constantly. Any attempt to leave the project would be quoshed. Even if you esaped and went public, they'd have you removed so fast no one would realise you even tried anything.

Any way, why NASA? I thought they where ostensibly a public body but historically reporting to Government. A throw back to Cold War days. If any one has secret tech it would be the secret services and DARPA. And at that it's mundane, better radar or bigger/better satellite surveillance. A friend of mine was working on state of the art 3D modelling of the battle field some years ago. That was 'secret'.

22. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Maybe thats their plan. Don't silence them. If they allow people to speak out, people will say what you just said thus voiding the statments against them. Very clever, but very risky

23. fredis Registered Member

why!?

i'm just wondering what is this thread doing under Philosophy chapter!?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!