Who created God?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Saint, Jun 6, 2005.

1. MarcAC Curious Registered Senior Member

Same thing from a theist's point of view kid.

To me you're like a blind man saying; "I don't need to believe that a planet Jupiter exists because I can't see it." As far as the blind man is concerned Jupiter affects his life in zero (0) ways as he cannot percieve any of its effects - quite different from my view.

You're using "one sided" logic.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

A man with reason.

A godless man.

G.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lawdog Digging up old bones Registered Senior Member

Fear of God is the Beginning of Wisdom.

In all matter of faith and morals, as well as tradition,
    rites, and custom, as well as ethical matters
    involving scientific investigation (what limits should be set
    and what methods are ethical or not),
    The Catholic Church is the only lawful Authority,
    solely appointed by God for this purpose,
    whose union is signified by her singular Pontiff,
    the vicar of Christ on Earth
    and her teachings are the fullness of Truth,
    without flaw or error, they are NOT mere opinion,
    nor are they misled by psuedoscience.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

To me you're like a blind man saying; "I don't need to believe that a planet Jupiter exists because I can't see it."

Strawman. You can't "see" gods either.

You're using "one sided" logic.

You're not using any logic.

8. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

It amuses me, that the unreasonable, the ilogical, claim that they have logic. When in fact "logic" is what the theist hate the most, logic is what the church has fought ardently to destroy. Reason the ability to use man's mind, is what the theist in their doctrine have strived to destroy!.

Godless

9. fadeaway humper that way lies madness Registered Senior Member

Now you are getting it.

And a scary one, as well. Why, children run away in terror when I cross them on the street. Because, you know, there's always the danger that I could empathize them to death. Children are mighty perceptive, that way.

10. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

lawdog - please stop preaching.

11. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Atheism is a dangerous thing.

It is only dangerous to those who use religion to control and repress.

12. Cyperium I'm always me Valued Senior Member

Cause actually we do need Him. In war and suffering the need for God becomes clear. Like light in darkness.

Then they would be atheists. Though I must say that agnostics are well on the way of becoming atheists...either you look towards Him or you look away from Him, many agnostics are seekers that haven't found their place yet, troubled by the diversity of the religions and their own role in it all. Agnostic isn't a state that one can remain in. One must seek in one direction. Ultimatly a choice must be made.

13. MarcAC Curious Registered Senior Member

That's the blind man speaking - there's no escaping the simple reduction that atheism is a statement "I don't need God" - if you thought you did you'd believe in God.

14. Cyperium I'm always me Valued Senior Member

The fool say in his heart "there is no God".

He hasn't the knowledge to determine it.

15. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Cause actually we do need Him. In war and suffering the need for God becomes clear. Like light in darkness.

Again, I ask, why would someone be in need of something they don't believe exists?

Then they would be atheists.

They are, if they don't believe gods exist.

16. killslay Registered Member

atheism is no more dangerous than any other beleif system. the saalem witch trails were all held in the name of god, the crusades, bush's war on terror (aka lets bomb the living tar out of the middle east and profit) even hitler's genocide was held in the name of god.
    The atheist has common sense, and consequences in life rather than death which are all incentives to refrain from killing people left right and center. If it was so dangerous, why don't you see anarchy on the streets? There's every chance that the person mugging the old lady in the street has a religion

17. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

there's no escaping the simple reduction that atheism is a statement "I don't need God" - if you thought you did you'd believe in God.

The person who makes that claim is not an atheist, for they are already presuming a god exists.

It is the belief in gods that atheists do not require, not the alleged gods themselves.

18. MarcAC Curious Registered Senior Member

To give you a clear indication of what my post was referencing when you mistook my misunderstanding of your post as a misunderstanding of the term empathy. As atheists impose their belief that there is no God they will similarly impose thier beleif that life is meaningless and all should die. Many an atheist have told me god does not exist. If atheists simply empathised they would have no business at a religions forum - in fact, an atheist would have nothing to state.

19. MarcAC Curious Registered Senior Member

... and for your information one sided logic is equivalent to zero (0) logic.

Similarly, you are already presuming god does not exist such that you would reduce god to a simple belief.

Nice try but you must realise that the "lack of belief" claim is a pretty botched up patch...

and the blind man analogy is still of veritable relevance.

20. killslay Registered Member

not really, nobody's here to try and impose anybodies veiws on anybody. if anything we're here for some "intellectual masterbation" or maybe to gain a better understanding of other peoples views. after all its a lost hope trying to change my mind haha

21. fadeaway humper that way lies madness Registered Senior Member

OK, now that you have a solid understanding of the concept of empathy, here's a new one for you to look up: "non sequitur".

Wow. Go figure.

Or maybe, if people like you would stop spouting demented nonsense about what atheism is, an atheist would have nothing to state. Pretty simple, no?

22. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

You elonquently left the other half out!.

And the wise man yells it to the world!.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Godless

23. MarcAC Curious Registered Senior Member

Another analogy to drive your logical thinking; if an individual, say a non-scientific layman, doesn't believe that positrons exist are they necessary for the individual's existence? Of course the positron is the electron's counterpart.

You still apply one sided logic as if your disbelief (lack of belief) is of any dominant veracity as opposed to the opposing belief (belief).

If that's atheist logic I'll stay away from it.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!