Who designed the designer?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Xelasnave.1947, Dec 6, 2017.

1. iceaura Valued Senior Member

But I did.
    Doesn't matter when.
    No such assumption posted.

You posted this falsehood: "It is man that transgresses the laws, not God". I noted it, is all. I didn't claim you had thought about it. I recommend you do think about it - and your motives for not thinking about it, earlier.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 345 Next mythical choc bunnies for mystic who died Valued Senior Member

To no one in particular
    Years ago I read a book called The Jet Propelled Couch. If you can find a copy I'm sure it would make fascinating reading for all in this thread and others of much the same flavour

The essence of the main story as told by the writer, a psychiatrist, is as follows. By the way I am going to use lay language not the long professional diagnosis
    A referral person walked into his office
    They began to converse
    The psychiatrist was puzzled because there did not appear to be anything wrong
    He asked why had the person been sent
    The patient said that he had been making trips to another planet where he was treated like a prince and had been able to solve many of the planets problems and save it from destruction
    The psychiatrist noted patient was as nuttey as a fruit cake
    He also noted this was such a deeply held belief he would need to engage with the patient at a deep level
    He began to question the patient about the other planet, its inhabitants and gained as much information as he could and made extensive notes as to what he was told
    From memory this took a few years
    One day the psychiatrist was questioning the patient about a discrepancy over some account he had been given earlier
    The patient became uneasy
    Noticing this the psychiatrist asked what was the problem
    The patient confesses that for a few months he had come to the understanding he was as nuttey as a fruit cake
    Why had he continued to provide details about the planet and inhabitants and the problems of the planet then

Looking the psychiatrist in the eye he said

"Because you seem to enjoy it so much"

Here endith the lesson of how we can all enjoy our fantasy's which have no connection with reality

Gave the psychiatrist a insight into his self awareness

The Jet Propelled Couch - find it - read it

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Xelasnave.1947 likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Jan Ardena Valued Senior Member

So why don't you say what you're talking about, then we can discuss it?

If I'm asking, it does.
    Or don't I matter?

I'm still waiting to hear why it is a '' falsehood"?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. iceaura Valued Senior Member

I did. Discuss away.
    No, it doesn't.
    That question/answer doesn't matter. How much you identify with it I couldn't say.
    I am not an expert on why your God transgresses the laws, and I don't care enough to become one. Why don't you ask someone who is?
  8. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

John 3:42 Do as I say not as I do.

9. Jan Ardena Valued Senior Member

Why is it a falsehood?