Who is your least favourite historical figure and why?

Discussion in 'History' started by jennyRater, Jan 24, 2005.

1. jennyRater Luck B me 2nite Registered Senior Member

Nice to see my thread carryed on so well, but I think its spluterd out now! Cheers everyone!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Out of curiosity I read up on Gilles de Rais....

while his actions are atrocious, yes, but he isn't such a badass though. He was another dellusional, suggestionable fool who needed answers quick.

Real sick shit he did though, that can't be argued.

Vlad the impaler gets my choice. The things people would do in name of god.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

i have no non-favorites beside hitler, heydrich, and himmler.

some that othes have claimed as "evil":
    Vlad dracul III- kicked ass, killed turks, standard of the day...
    Pope guy who ordered knights to occupy the baltics- i like the teutonic knights, what can i say?
    Stalin- made russia a superpower, the ends justify the means
    Cardinal Richelieu- ends always justify the means

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jolly Rodger Banned Banned

big bird,

8. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Sargentlard, you do know that if Vlad Tepes had not diod what he did, we would not have the book or movies "dracula" or the movie "nosferatu" and also, Europe would probably be ruled by the ottoman empire up to this day.

only heydrich, hitler, or himmler are historical figures that i hate.

9. Xylene Valued Senior Member

The Harpe brothers, Wylie and Micajah, and the river pirate Samuel Mason--of Hole in the Rock fame--OK, nobody these days has ever heard of them, but they had their fifteen minutes of fame (albeit back around 1795-1804). Google their names, and you'll see why you wouldn't want them around. It'd be sort of like having velociraptors running loose a la Jurassic Park.

10. ursula Registered Member

for me its the catholic curch. they have a lot of things to answer for.
    ursula

11. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Ah, yes...the Inquisition, et cetera.

12. Rick Valued Senior Member

M.Monroe. Since she was ever glamorous and i couldnt be around to see her...

Rick

13. geistkiesel Valued Senior Member

Lyndon Baines Johnson - Warmonger, lying hypocritical shit. the first of what is now 9 ilegal presidential successors (the current 9th in succession and the the 2nd Texas shit-warmonger) to the coup d'etat that was completed on November 22, 1963.

14. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I think correct legal processes were followed in the elections of all subsequent Presidents. Do you want to explain your claim?

15. savior-of-hyrule As a tribute to someone Registered Senior Member

Communist Russia never really had a plan for genocide, They never had a specific enemy, Stalin, during his rule had his purges which was against any enemy that appeared against his state.

My choice though for facist rulers would be be Mussolini, literally began facism and wanted had backward ideas for women sort of like Napolean's code. He was also a follower and didnt begin teh persecution of Jews untill Hitler told him to.

another would be Louis XVI, a disgrace to what his predecessors put beofre him.

16. Jeremirroer probably smarter than you... Registered Senior Member

Tom Arnold. What is he thinking! he's so annoying.

17. savior-of-hyrule As a tribute to someone Registered Senior Member

if youre going to talk about end justifies the mean, wouldnt you also mention Niccolo Machiaveli for inspiring rationalization.

18. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Machiaveli was a bloody genius of the time.
    Go Absolutism!

19. john smith Tongue in cheek Registered Senior Member

Whateva trevor!

20. Arquibus Master of Useless Information Registered Senior Member

Stalin, Ghengis Khan, Hitler, etc. were all capable at what they did, even though it was something we might not approve of, and while you can hate them, they were historically important and actually caused many good things.

My least favorite historical figure was Napoleon Bonaparte. How could the French let such an idiot command their country. He really seems like a qualified leader and a capable conquerer until...he attacks Russia. If there is anything you don't want to do, it's fight Russia in the winter. Seriously guys, Russians are independently spirited warriors anyway, and with the biggest country harder to completely take over than any nation ever (USA included). Geeze, what a moron...

21. Arquibus Master of Useless Information Registered Senior Member

Napoleon Bonaparte was the single dumbest leader I can recall. He was a conniving, impressive midget with an incredible grasp on tactics, but then he did something stupid. He attacked Russia. Russia is the single most difficult nation to take over anyway between its fiercely independent warriors and vast expanse terrain, but to end up fighting them in winter...Geeze, what a moron.

22. savior-of-hyrule As a tribute to someone Registered Senior Member

Hitler made the same mistake with Russia, he chose to go back on his Nazi Soviet Non-Aggresion pact and attacked, but he didnt prepare his men for the winter. I mean it didnt completely stop them, he made it to Stalingrad but it did slow him down.

23. Arquibus Master of Useless Information Registered Senior Member

I agree that this was also Hitler's single greatest mistake, and I think that it marked the end of his genius streak and marked the beginning of his insanity. Also, sorry about the twin posts, my computer screwed up and deleted the original on my screen. I figured it didn't work. Anyway, Napoleon just didn't know his limits, while I think Hitler was maybe too crazy to care.