Who is your least favourite historical figure and why?

Discussion in 'History' started by jennyRater, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Mr.Jack4WAR Hating the Hated Registered Senior Member

I love the civil-war... and i am from tthe south with southern roots.. and i still liked the Northern morals, hmm. and My great uncle x6 was a Confederate Brigadere general for the 14th Louisiana Infantry..brig.gen. ZEBULON YORK..hes my figure in history .. even tho I like the North, but WOHOO

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Um...no, Napoleon is acclaimed as one of the greatest rulers of all time, and the last of the open-minded Enlightened monarchs. His idea of a unified Europe under his enligtened rule was the single greatest idea since Charlemagne's concept of the Holy Roman Empire.
    The more conservative powers brought him down because they could not see the truth.
    Vivent L'Empreur!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Arquibus Master of Useless Information Registered Senior Member

An acclimation is far from a definition. He would have done allright if not for the inflated view he had of his tactical capabilities. He thought he could take them all, and he was wrong. If he had thought a bit harder, planned a bit longer, maybe we'd all be speaking French right now. But, we're not.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xylene Valued Senior Member

Edward Teach--i.e. Blackbeard.

8. geistkiesel Valued Senior Member

george Washington His attack on a peaceful French diplomatic mission instigated the French Indian War that cost dearly in military, Indian and other civilian casualties.

Geistkiesel

9. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

Cortez. Something like that.
    I think he was the guy who came into Mexico and killed off the natives for Spain. That's just wrong

10. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

F&I war had already begun, reagardless. The F&I war was part of the SYW. In that war, it was France, Austria, Russia, Saxony, & Spain against UK & Prussia. France & UK were at war before Washington did that attack on the frog diplomat.

11. IndieTits Registered Member

Anti-Hero of History // Maximillien Robespierre...hypocrite, savage, contentious and largely backward.

12. MrNotSoOmniscient Registered Member

can I say Paris?

NO, not the place, the person who shot Achilles in the Ankle with an arrow guided by Apollo.

though, I DO like Philoctetes for killing Paris

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Paris was the one who started Troy...glad he's dead...

13. MrNotSoOmniscient Registered Member

...Can you name a leader that HASN'T been like that????

14. IndieTits Registered Member

He was a hypocrite, claiming he was acting for the revolution, yet portrayed all the hallmarks of a counter-revolutionary -- killing without justification, hypocrisy -- traits of an authoritarian. The fact he was a shitty public speaker and had a tendency to hibernate at the worst of times pretty much accentuates this.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2005
  15. geistkiesel Valued Senior Member

Regarding George Washington firing on a peaceful Fench Mission, Geo. Washibgtons action certainly had an affect on the war, at least as to accelerating it. GW was in a British uniform at the time and claimed, as a rationale for firing on the the French was that they were "skulking"
    and the French claim for "diplomatic immunity " was a pretense. GW was 22 years old(?) at the time, and a freemason.
    The piece below copied from here.
    "Dinwiddie, hearing of new French forts on the upper Allegheny River, sent out a young Virginia officer, George Washington, to deliver a letter demanding that the French leave the region. This mission was, not surprisingly, a failure, but when passing through the region where the Allegheny and the Monongahela form the Ohio, Washington noted that the point of land at the junction was an excellent spot for a fort. In early 1754, in response to Washington's suggestion, the British started to build a fort there, Fort Prince George, but French troops soon arrived and threw them out. The French completed the fortification, renaming it Fort Duquesne. Washington, meanwhile, had been sent out with a contingent of troops to help establish British control in the west, and when he heard of the surrender of Fort Prince George, he set up camp in Great Meadows, southeast of Fort Duquesne. Washington received a report that a nearby French contingent intended to attack, so he launched a pre-emptive strike against the French camp. This was the first engagement of the yet undeclared French & Indian War. Though Washington won that engagement, he was soon defeated by a superior force sent out from Fort Duquesne, leaving the French in command of the entire region west of the Allegheny Mountains.​

Perhaps we argue a minor point, but do you know if the "frog" contingent was diplomatic? Whatever the truth of trhat matter, neither the Grand English nor the frog governments acted rationally, each certainly aware of what activities are likely to cause and instigate warfare and what acitivities are more likely to end in a peaceful settlement.
    GW was just another punkass politician sucking on his chain of command.
    Geistkiesel

16. geistkiesel Valued Senior Member

You think wrongly James R. You think that when the names appear on ballots that those names got there by legal means. Money talks and bullshit walks. LBJ you remember was a hater of JFK and after being president he was quoted. "I will not let american boys do the fighting for
    asian boys". bullshit, but then LBJ had money also. Is it legal for a president campaigning for the office of president to lie to the people, to sabotage the investigation of the November 22, 1963 coup d' etat, to have others lie for him, to have press releases lie for him, to have those paid by him lie, steal and cheat, murder whatever for him? But then LBJ was justr another hulk playing his role in the treachery. James R you once denied a conspiracy in special relativity theory, remember? Do you realize that legally, the members of a consipracy need not not have communicated with each other, need not know of the other's names even before a conspiracy is legal in existence, defined? This puts you as one of the conspirators, a minor functionary to be sure, but a functionary within the bowels of the consopiracy nevertheless.

Go have a warm glass of milk and go back to sleep.

Pull your head out of your ass James R, but then you know what you are saying don't you?

You wouldn't know a legality if it was stuffed in your ass J.R. You are correct in at least one observation, I don't like you J.R.:You are a dishonest man, a liar, a fake, a fraud, a punk ass motherfucking piece of shit, because no one could possibly be as stupid as you pretend.

Geistkiesel

17. MrNotSoOmniscient Registered Member

Is Paris Hilton a historical figure?

well, i don't like her...

at all

18. Mr.Jack4WAR Hating the Hated Registered Senior Member

hm the least favorite figure? i wud have to say i have many.. mostly Nazis.. but of all i would said Heinrich Himmler, not sure if thats spelled correctly .. but if u think BUSH absuses power! HA! the SS picked upon the weak for certain pleasures. i still hate germany to this day. theres nothing about that shit-hole country stand out but parts of the Berlin wall used in buildings. they have stupid traditions.. except Oktoberfest i will give them credit. since when has germany EVER been involved in international affairs since WW2 if you know any u can tell me.. but to this day those women r still the ugliest women ever. im not even going to give that country a chance. just like france. they dont even deserve being talked bad upon. sorry for the subject change, just felt like a little country bashing

19. Mr.Jack4WAR Hating the Hated Registered Senior Member

fuck u geistkiesel

20. comisaru Registered Senior Member

Definitively, the inventor of the television. I don’t know who it was, but he gave us the strongest drug that alienated our minds. Could’n he invent an instant translation machine, or a guessing loto numbers, or maybe a tablete against stupidity ?

21. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Again, pretty much most leaders are like that. They lust for power, and destroy anyone or anything in thier way to that power.

22. Xylene Valued Senior Member

Sawney and Elizabeth Bean and their clan of cave-dwellers; if you don't know who they are, ask any Scotsman.

23. Nysse God is dead Registered Senior Member

Nero...simply because he was a twat