Who misses the days when conversation here was stimulating?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Kittamaru, Aug 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

It is possible... but then again, I distinctly remember the speed with which dishonest members were dealt with in the past... especially in debate threads.

To take it one step further - some people here seem inclined to think that members who "honestly and truly believe what they are saying is true" should be given a pass not only on the burden of proof, but on simple honesty. Hence the, as Bells put it, "pathetic bender" I am on; that lack of integrity has pushed me to the breaking point

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Bingo! Couldn't agree more! And you can bet your house that Darwin still would have been pushing his "evolution hypothesis" and the evidence, to the people that matter...Mainstream science, until eventually accepted on the weight of observational evidence before becoming the accepted theory.
    He would not be announcing or trying to gain favour or support on any science forum.
    I have said that many times.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I don't complain about what anyone believes, including religious beliefs.
    But when those same people post their IMHO, nonsense, and at the same time deride science, I'll try and show them the error of their ways.
    Kitt believes in God...My Mrs is a true Christian in the true sense of the word.
    Kitt does not substitute his beliefs for scenarios such as for example, "a Universe from nothing" My Mrs condones my agnostic type nature, [although she says she does pray for me] and carries on her way without my interference.
    I only delve into the fringe, to try and correct errors [remembering I do it from a position of a lay person which I have never hidden]
    I also believe certain parties post threads to do there best to rile the science nerds amongst us. The worst most blatant one of them I believe was MR's thread basically claiming science does not, nor has not benefitted mankind.
    Do you believe that sort of nonsense and shit stirring should go unquestioned?
    That's actually contradictory Bells imho. Remember a scientific theory is always a work in progress. That is what science is built on...that is the foundation stone.
    When people make claims about UFO's and Aliens performing medical procedures, all mostly are in out of the way places, with no evidence other then word of mouth, or some hazy photograph. You know wthis yourself, as you have applied the blow torch yourself to those claims.
    In essence Bells, it boils down to the fact as to whether anti science, supernatural, and Alien claims and similar should be made to run the gauntlet.
    Darwin's evolutionary theory of life certainly had to run that gauntlet before its acceptance.

Anyway, I'm off! Gotta cook tea before my vivacious wife gets home from work.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

not to mention Darwin would be capable of backing his claims with verifiable science, not second hand accounts of children's stories

8. milkweed Valued Senior Member

Well thats how you interpret it. You didnt bring him up therefore any action you take is ok because Now its BillVons fault. How old are you again?
    Because YOU cant carry on a civil discussion?
    Foggy memory indeed....

9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Perhaps you need to do some research into alternative/ghost,goblins etc/and the conspiracy sections and note when and where civil discourse gets out of line.
    because what you are now inferring just ain't true Buster.
    Like I said earlier, these religions fanatics, alternative hypothesis pushers, gullible ghost believing individuals, are simply not able to cop any criticism what so ever.

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

To be fair Paddoboy, we (the moderation team) is rather at fault for this kind of behavior. Instead of stamping it out at the onset, excuses were made to keep people who added no value around. Kid gloves, essentially, and now it seems the guile is gone... nobody is willing to be the heavy for fear of offending someone.

It is no small wonder dishonesty reigns... how can one argue logic and reason against double standards and make believe.

Regardless of the outcome, it warms the cockles of my heart to have the support of many of our truly science minded folks.

11. milkweed Valued Senior Member

I did not agree that "needs to undergo scientific scrutiny". Posts in Religion do not NEED to undergo scientific scrutiny. Posts in UFOs Ghosts and Monsters do not NEED to undergo scientific scrutiny.

I have no quarrel if YOU choose to go there.

But quit bitching when the expected outcome you have in mind does not materialize. Free will and self-determination and all that inconvenient stuff of other people we have to come to grips with, when things dont go the way we expect.

Magical Realist likes this.
  12. milkweed Valued Senior Member

So What? Its Called "On The Fringe for a reason.
    Did you miss that part?

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

That doesn't excuse lies, misrepresentation, and denial of facts... dishonesty is dishonesty, no matter the subject

14. milkweed Valued Senior Member

We are not talking about the Debate threads, Math threads, Physics, etc. Its UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters!!! On The Fringe!!

15. milkweed Valued Senior Member

Then dont go there. You dont have to be a moderator, you volunteer for that.

16. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

No, I missed nothing...But you seem to now be getting slightly aggressive which you previously mentioned as an undesirable quality.
    And didn't you also agree that critical appraisal is OK?

17. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

You haven't offered any proof whatsoever of your slanders of my dishonesty. Noone has. You just repeat that insult endlessly as if it is a given. Truth be told, you simply can't argue your points, and when I present my evidence, you and your little band of trolls get upset that you can't refute it. And you can't provide evidence of your claims either, cuz who can present evidence for the nonexistence of something?

Hence your so called "breaking point." But as has been made abundantly clear, noone is forcing you to read my threads. Yet you and about 4 others do nothing but obsess about them for days, like they are heresy or something. They aren't. They are posts entirely appropriate to the forum they're in. They aren't hurting anybody, and have in fact provided many fruitful discussions here. See my 300 plus post thread with Wegs and Sarkus on orbs. Do you really think science is so fragile that a few little ghosts or ufos threaten to bring down the whole edifice. It won't. And it doesn't need your or paddoboy's attempts to protect it either.

And if this thread wasn't about me, why did you lock me out of it? Tks to Tiassa fo unlocking it for me.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  18. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

You do realize that the Fringe sections are not exempt from the site rules... least of all the rules on behavior.

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

More lies - how many times. especially have you been presented with evidence, only to have you ignore it entirely?

I know I lost count... go play victim somewhere else. your post history speaks for itself - even a master spindoctor couldn't hide it.

20. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Calm down! I'm not bitching. I don't give a f$#@ what idiots want to believe or what they do not believe. But I will offer my critical appraisal, to the best of my ability to get them to see the error of their ways.
    It's there's, and apparently your problem, if they are unable to accept criticism and derision with regards to their unscientific claims.
    That will continue. :shrug:

21. milkweed Valued Senior Member

lol Now I am getting 'slightly' aggressive. You make me laugh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandiosity

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  22. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

That may apply to you and your white knight status [that's two we have] I certainly do not possess that at all.
    Try again.

23. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Viva la revoluciĆ³n and win by consent!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.