Who misses the days when conversation here was stimulating?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Kittamaru, Aug 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

humanity can never find a medium[where reality/truth is always] in anything, always swinging from one extreme to the other extreme.
    humanity has some humorous characteristics.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I'm sure the Catholic Church also condones the molestation of little boys, which is why it has gone on for years, right?

Our church is rather progressive, yes. And actually our pastors are quite intelligent and held varied professions before being called to service (including one who spent several years as an officers on the Marines)

Your attempt to incite an emotional response by attacking my privately held personal beliefs, though, is noted and summarily disregarded as the off topic tripe it is

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Have a nice day

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

So in other words, except for the profound impact it has on virtually every aspect of your life (and certainly every second of your life, including your life itself), science doesn't affect you much? Yeah, agreed.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. billvon Valued Senior Member

Given that he is posting on an on-line forum, it is provably not true.
    Then why are you posting on an on-line forum, made possible by that same scientific information?

paddoboy likes this.
  8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Indeed... unless Yazata and MR hunt and harvest their food with stone and wood tools, wear animal skins, forgo electricity, modern medicine and materials, and live in a cave, then they cannot claim that science has no effect on their daily life.

9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I find it funny [funny peculiar, not funny haha] how any sensible logical person could ever believe such drivel.
    To see people twist the obvious, play with words, and offer silly philosophical takes on fact, is totally intellectually dishonest in the extreme.
    Even forgoing all you mention and living in a stone age society, knowledge [Science] is gained when ever Alley Oop ventures out of his cave and makes a decision.

No wonder so many derisive comments about Philosophy are made by so many notable people, when individuals such as a couple here, take it to such inane conclusions and use.

Science is what you know. Philosophy is what you don't know.
    Bertrand Russell:

Philosophy consists very largely of one philosopher arguing that all others are jackasses. He usually proves it, and I should add that he also usually proves that he is one himself.
    Henry Louis Mencken.

Scientists are explorers. Philosophers are tourists.
    Richard Feynman

10. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Yes, your opinion.

I remember the last time I offered a quote not entirely complimentary to philosophy and how it certainly raised your hackles.
    Needless to say that it is you doing the acts of willful ignorance along with total intellectual dishonesty and your usual defense of other's anti science rants.
    You my dear friend, like MR and everyone else on this planet, all benefit from science. To deny that, is just to re enforce all the "qualities" you so dishonestly and deviously just attributed to me.
    I look forward to your next dose of philosophical clap trap.

11. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Mod Hat ― Closure

I had hoped to leave this thread open long enough to address certain issues apparent in the discussion, but that's taking a really long time, since the first part of it involves reviewing twenty pages of another thread in order to make the point. That will not happen, now.

This thread is closed, owing to questions of targeting and, quite frankly, the fulfillment of a justification for what the staff is currently disputing as a potentially erroneous action.

Additionally, I would point out that I am rather quite disappointed in some of the alleged rational voices who chose self-righteousness over actually being rational. In the long term, this contradictory behavior needs to stop.

We will move forward, as a community, and myriad problematic issues raised in this and related discussions now require address.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.