Who was Jesus talking to when he said...

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Medicine*Woman, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Alabaster Registered Member

Yep! Jesus spoke Aramaic.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

But the Gospels were written in Greek.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I think the point is that those words in Greek never were the actual words spoken by Jesus.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Learned Hand Registered Senior Member

Exactly. Plus, there is a collection of evidence that St. Matthew wrote his original Gospel in Hebrew, which was later translated.

http://www.angelfire.com/ms/seanie/Matt.html

In addition, St. Mark wrote for the benefit of the Romans so they could appreciate the miracles and come to believe, which is why the Gospel of St. Mark leaves out many of the parables. The Romans of the time were more convinced by miracle, as would be many people today.

8. drummer4Jah Registered Member

Ok....first off hey guys! what's up? the reason i became a member of the forum was to just send you this link.

Medicine Woman? please don't say things that are just atheistic assumptions... The book of Acharya S and other people who wrote books like those, are considered useless due to the lack of evidence and sources...

Anyways...The topic is huge and I can't elaborate on it so i will post this video.

Please please watch it and please be careful guys on what you hear.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

This video will explain your questions. It is long but it is worth it.

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7572663630528394775

9. Myles Registered Senior Member

At a pinch, we could compare one Christian sect with another. There are hundreds to choose from and they share a common belief; every one believes it has the truth and that all the others are wrong.

10. Myles Registered Senior Member

What a great pity he did'nt write it also. Was he illiterate or did he set out to confuse us. His legacy is a long history of doctrinal and scriptural disputes which contine to this day.

11. Myles Registered Senior Member

So is The Wizard of Oz. What's your point ?

12. Myles Registered Senior Member

13. Myles Registered Senior Member

Occam said, "do not multiply entities beyond necessity", meaning that the simplest explanation which fits the case makes further elaboration unnecessary.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  14. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

El is, to my knowledge not a shortened form of Elias, but a shortened form of Elohim, a name for god (or gods). At least yours is the first mention I've ever heard of the Helios theory:

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elohim#Etymology and
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_(god)#.C4.92l_in_the_Tanakh

The latter specifically states,
    Theories for the etymology of Elohim and El are varied, but do not seem to strongly suggest a connection to the Sun.

15. drummer4Jah Registered Member

Watch this video:

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7572663630528394775

16. tresbien Banned Banned

So peace is upon me [Jesus] the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life." Trinitarian Christians believe that Jesus was GOD Himself, or part of GOD, came to earth, was crucified on the cross to purify our sins and then raised from death back to life and went up to heaven until he will come back again to this earth. The Noble Quran does not in anyway support this theory!. We Muslims believe that Jesus was born from a Noble Virgin; Mary the Virgin, preached the word of GOD to the people of Israel, raised to Allah Almighty alive (even though he might have been put on the cross, but never actually died), will come back to earth again to fight the army of Satan and then die a natural death and then be raised again back to life from death as we all do in the Day of Judgement. Some Muslim scholars say that Jesus not being crucified in Noble Verse 4:157 means that he was put on the cross but didn't die, and others say that it means that he was not put on the cross itself and never died either. There are some Christian sects such as the Basilidans, the Docetate and the Marcionite do not believe that Jesus was put on the cross.

Either way, it doesn't really matter whether he was put on the cross or not. The more important point is that Jesus never died according to Islam. There is a similar Verse to 19:33 in the Noble Quran that was mentioned to another Messenger of GOD: "So peace on him [Yahya, or John the Baptist] the day he was born, the day that he dies, and the day that he will be raised up to life! (The Noble Quran, 19:15)" This Noble Verse (19:15) is similar to 19:33, where it does not at all state that any Messenger of GOD was crucified or will die twice!. The reason why no Messenger of GOD will ever die twice is because Allah Almighty said clearly in His Noble Book that every soul He creates (this includes all of His Messengers and Prophets even Jesus) shall taste death once; "Nor will they [all humans who end up in heaven] there taste death, except the first death; and He will preserve them from the penalty of the blazing fire. (The Noble Quran, 44:56)".

pls vist http://www.answering-christianity.com/crucified.htm

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  17. Myles Registered Senior Member

Please visit a good bookstore and start learning something of Western philosophy. You can quote the OT, the NT, the Quran, the Upanishads, the Pali canon or any other religious tracts but don't be surprised if you are asled to to provide solid evidence to back up your claims.

18. tresbien Banned Banned

Thank u sir.I spent many years learning it at the university.However, as i have my own identity that i am proud of , i see that acculturation is an incurable heart disease .I believe in equality of all races rather than eurocentrism

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  19. Myles Registered Senior Member

So you understand the philosophical objections to the Argument from Design. On what grounds do you reject them.

20. Dr Mabuse Percipient Thaumaturgist Registered Senior Member

Psalm 22 was a prophecy of His crucifiction...

He was pointing the way to it...

the rest of the stuff in this thread is nonsense...

Last edited: Feb 16, 2008
  21. DAVIDON4U Registered Member

woman you are not a Christian and the word of GOD is not in you.Why then do you do the devils work.Do you not see the folly of your words.You should add mislead to your resume.The word of GOD IS HIDDEN FROM YOU AND YOUR ANTICHRIST SPEECHES BETRAY YOU. you have been defeated in spiritual combat by STARION

22. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

STARION?
    Do you mean
    The Mitsubishi Starion. circa 1989

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Looks like a crack dealer's car to me.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  23. Reiku Banned Banned

Amen means -- ''Let it be,'' or ''Varily.'' It has no direct link to any of the Egyptains gods names. How do you explain for how they say is in Islam ''Dua''?