Why are atheists so pissy?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Why?, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Enmos Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. BlueMoose Guest

-Can you explain what this means ? I havent ever been able to understand this concept properly although I have been taught Christianity 9 years in school ?

-Well, if I werent ever heard about your religion and therefore couldnt not been able to accept Jesus as my saviour and God, will I go to heaven or hell ?Or something else happens to me, what ?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sandy Banned Banned

I'll reply in PM. Everytime I say anything about Jesus Christ/God, I get warned/threatened.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. BlueMoose Guest

-What ? This is a forum to do just that ? Well, waiting for your PM

8. sandy Banned Banned

It doesn't matter.

9. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

[flame deleted]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2008
  10. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

11. C1ay Skepticist Registered Senior Member

Did you try looking here ... http://www.google.com/search?q="the trinity"

12. sandy Banned Banned

No. I'm just not giving in to people who are trying to get me banned. They know the game. They know I can't say anything about God or Jesus without getting threatened/warned.

:frust:

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

But.. you have been talking about God and Jesus this entire thread.. :shrug:

14. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

I'm atheist and I am always happy. I am aaaaaaalllllllllliiiiiiiiiiivvvveeeeee!!!!!!!! You only live life once, so enjoy it!

15. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

We'll make sure that doesn't happen, it shouldn't!! Besides, you've talked about god this whole thread. *also mentioning*

16. flameofanor5 Not a cosmic killjoy Registered Senior Member

so we make one mean comment and you guys get angry. And yet it's perfectly okay to say mean things about us.

17. flameofanor5 Not a cosmic killjoy Registered Senior Member

So you guys are getting angry with Sandy because all she talks about is God. No big deal, most people have something that their life revolves around. Lets not mock people for who or what they love.

18. Enmos Valued Senior Member

1. I didn't get angry.
    2. What mean things have I said ?

19. Incriminating Convoy Registered Member

There is a difference between talking and preaching, talk more and preach less.

20. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Why?:

For atheists, religion is the spell.

Are you saying you don't want everyone to believe what you believe regarding God?

I think you're half right. From memory, studies indicate that the religious do tend to be a little happier on average. That may be because religion is a comforting cocoon which serves as a shield against an uncaring universe. Or, it could be because religion is inherently a social thing, and being close to other people is important.

As to atheists wanting to drag other people down, that's just nonsense.

Save you from what? Sin?

sandy:

Why would any sane person despise another person's happiness? What nonsense. Or perhaps you think atheists are jealous of you?

That glassy, spaced-out, brainwashed look. Yes, I know it well.

madanthonywayne:

Lawsuits over nativity scenes and so on are probably going too far. But, on the other hand, fundamentalist Christians in the US are fighting to overturn the country's secular Constitution. Ideally, they would like to reform the country as a Christian theocracy, replacing secular law with their version of biblical law. What would result if they achieved their aims would be a state similar to Afganistan under the Taliban, only a Christian one rather than a Muslim one. Be very afraid.

Hopefully, this may help you to understand why some atheists (and not only atheists, I might point out) get a little upset when Christians insist on posting the Ten Commandments in court rooms.

John99:

Theism is equally unprovable. How can a religious "awakening" based on an illusion be enlightenment?

Orleander:

Perhaps you can explain why there is a direct correlation between educational level and the tendency to be atheist.

And in turn the Christians preach the bible. Don't pretend that one side is worse than the other.

Who started this thread? An atheist or a believer?

21. flameofanor5 Not a cosmic killjoy Registered Senior Member

She isn't preaching, she is just mentioning God....a lot

22. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Atheists shouldn't preach! Christians are the way they are. Its the nature of the beast. I like to think that atheists, as educated people, wouldn't lower themselves to the level of petty bickering and trying to 'educate' the masses. Christians are belivers, athiests are knowers. Isn't knowing you're right enough?

And who cares who started this thread? :shrug:

23. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Oh!

Atheists just respond to the never ending preaching and accusing by theists