Why are atheists so pissy?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Why?, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

Or they're not - and the "emotional experience" they get is one of their brain trying to work out how on earth it can be acting so irrationally in just one aspect of their life when they demand so much more from other aspects.
    This is nauseatingly uncomfortable - like you're watching something and knowing that what you're seeing just isn't right. It nags at you. Gnaws at your very root.

That's what the "emotional experience of faith" is.
    At least to me.

Disgusting.
    Nauseating.
    Depressing.
    Brain-not-working-properly kind of emotions.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Why? Registered Senior Member

The brain can't survive without the heart.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Not so, what you are talking about is one's personal truth (subjective reality

).

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

Not true, I used to believe in Father Christmas. and it made me very emotional on Xmas day.

8. sandy Banned Banned

Mastering your emotions is one of the best things you can do in childhood. It prevents MANY problems later on in life. That's what they teach young kids at Christian schools. Awesome...:bravo:

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

They do not teach that. I have been to Christian schools all my life.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Or you could just click on this

image on the post you want to quote.

If you want to quote several posts click on

on every post you want to quote and after the last one, click on

on any one of them to reply.

11. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: If religion were true and factual, why does it need defending? It should speak for itself, but it doesn't. It should stand on its own merit, but it doesn't. Christianity is dying worldwide. That's why atheists don't buy into that crap. We can see it for what it is. You all are blind to reality and pretend you are gleefully happy because of Jesus. Cut the drama. Your religious addiction is delusional. We can see it. Why can't you?

You people think atheists are so unhappy, because we don't want to put up with your crap. The difference between us is that atheists know when we are happy, and we know why we are happy, and a lot of people and things in our lives make us happy. But you christians have a false sense of security. You've got to put up a false front with each other to reassure that false security of salvation. And you put on your happy faces for us to pretend that you have something over on us, but we can see right through your fake smiles! We are sad for you, really, even more than we are disgusted with your silliness.

Many of you have called us "bitter." But it is you who are trying to pretend you're not the bitter ones. For everything you say about us, it represents what's really going on in your irrational minds. You transfer your fears on us, and it just isn't working. We can still see through the veil of your delusions.

I think you are the ones who are afraid to be happy, and you are subconsciously wanting to believe that we are the unhappy ones, but it's not us, it's you.

We don't care if you ever embrace atheism. That's not what we are about. That is a personal journey that can take years of ruling out the religious addictions and delusions. Embracing atheism is an awakening. We can't teach you that. Only you can learn that for yourselves in your own time.

What we can do for you is provide you an awareness about your religious addictions. Sure, you don't want to hear it. Neither did we when we walked in your shoes, those of us who did. So, we understand how tightly you hold onto your beliefs. Your beliefs are like a baby's security blanket. We know that. There may have been a time when we were afraid to let go, too. But when we did, we realized that was the best thing we have ever done. We realized we could face the future without bearing false hope. We opened up a whole new dimension of awareness in our lives, and we were no longer afraid of personal failure as far as any supernatural being coming to judge us. This isn't self-righteousness--it's freedom from delusion, and that is just the beginning.

You may not like what we have to say, but we're not going to stop saying it just because it makes you uneasy. What you don't understand at this point is that if what we say makes you uneasy, you might want to question why you feel uneasy about it. We keep telling you the same thing over and over again, and you should question why we repeat ourselves.

You believe you know something that we don't, but the fact is that we know more about your religion(s) than you do! We were not afraid to learn about religious inconsistancies, because we knew we had nothing to lose (i.e. a sense of false hope of salvation), but neither do you have to worry about that. You just don't know it yet.

If you're feeling riled up right about now, ask yourself why this is bothering you so? What emotions have I triggered? What false promises have you been fed even by those who love you? Ask yourself why you are afraid of what I've said to you.

Hate us all you want, that's no problem. Maybe that emotion of hate will trigger an awareness in you to question everything I've said to you today. And I hope you do.

Sincerely,

Medicine*Woman

12. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

The point is that atheists don't seem content in their own disbelief. Why so many lawsuits from atheists over nativity scenes or whatever? If God is just another fictional character, why complain about it? Do you complain about statues of Ronald McDonald or Mickey Mouse? Do you file lawsuits if someone discuses Spongebob Squarepants at school?

Why does someone else's belief in God offend you so much? In God we Trust is on our currency. So what. If you are a nonbeliever, it's just a meaningless phrase. So what. No one is coming to your house and forcing you to go to church, stop trying to impose your minority viewpoint on the rest of society.

13. sandy Banned Banned

They most certainly do. The best non-denominational schools are teaching kids exactly that--which explains why the kids are turning out so good despite some bad parenting...

14. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Since you haven't seen any of our eyes on this forum, you are talking out your ass.

I have seen many catholics with "ecstatic eyes." Look at all the saints and their eyes. It's a misleading trick. This is just another lie of christianity.

15. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: This is bs. We love life and everything in it, at least I do. You don't know me, so you still wouldn't understand.

16. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Amen.

17. sandy Banned Banned

I'm not talking about people here. I'm talking about the hundreds of Christians I deal with on a daily/weekly basis.

You can talk cr@p against God all you want. We don't care anymore.

18. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: The heart can't survive without the brain.

19. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: A christian typical untruth. You are seeing what you hope to see in their eyes to justify your own delusion.

20. John99 Banned Banned

I am sure overall that Theists are better adjusted, happier and more at ease. I have observed this in many variations. There are reasons for this which are beyond the scope of this thread.

How can having no beliefs be an awakening. It is a theory but how is this enlightenment? Supported by the fact that Atheism is unproven and unprovable, possibly never will be known to mortals.

That is if one were to believe you are an Atheist, i think most Atheist are actually agnostic but for some reason they dont reveal this. I am not sure what M*W is.

21. sandy Banned Banned

Nope. There is a glow, a light that is on in someone's eyes when they're a believer. There's a darkness, a hardness when they're not. Look at criminals. Perfect example.

22. Why? Registered Senior Member

This is a perfect example of a pissy atheist.

23. sandy Banned Banned

AMEN!!! :bravo:

Yet she says "one with God" in her bio.