Why are atheists so pissy?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Why?, Jan 9, 2008.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I'm sure that's what people said about that devout churchgoer, the BTK killer.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Your WHOLE life ? So you didn't make a conscious choice to become Christian then ? You were indoctrinated.. i see..

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Catholic news... that's a real non-biased source you have there lol.

Tell me Sandy, why are you calling an Egyptian god?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. C1ay Skepticist Registered Senior Member

You've got that backward. Christians are the ones running around telling everyone, "You need to believe in and worship MY God or you're going to hell."

I don't even claim an affirmative disbelief in your God, only a lack of belief based on the lack of evidence for such a being. If you want me to believe in your God and worship him/her then prove there is such a God. Until then the Christians need to shut up and quit telling non-believers they're going to hell over some fairy tale they can't provide any evidence for.

8. Why? Registered Senior Member

Of course, I am just grossly characterizing and stereotyping, but if the shoe fits . . .

9. Why? Registered Senior Member

God doesn't exist for the non-believer, and thus I cannot prove His existence to you.

10. Enmos Valued Senior Member

What do you mean 'if the shoe fits' ?

11. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Convenient.. especially since you made that up yourself.

12. C1ay Skepticist Registered Senior Member

You can't PROVE its existence to anyone, can you?

13. sly1 Heartless Registered Senior Member

jesus prolly could.....ask him and you shal find your answer!

14. Incriminating Convoy Registered Member

Isn't it your job to preach the word of God and make him exist for the non-believer? :shrug:

15. Why? Registered Senior Member

Yes. But, he asks for scientific proof. That I can't give him because it's not there (with perhaps the exception of miracles - but miracles don't lend themselves to repetition in the laboratory).

16. sly1 Heartless Registered Senior Member

just a curiousity.......why use labels? Athiest, christain, catholic, agnostic, etc.........all it does it make you "conform" your beliefs to that specific label and its definition.

If you truely do think for youself you cannot be labeled........unless your TRUE personal thoughts represent 100% accuracy with the label......which I highly highly doubt......

17. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Sandy,

Atheists disbelieve for many reasons, what you can’t do is assign a single dogma to them in the same way that can be done for Christians. I am sure some people despise the happiness of others and express cynicism for such things. I see no reason to think that that personality tendency is more likely to be atheistic than theistic.

Perhaps you could substantiate your claim that all atheists despise happiness. I doubt you can since what I observe in your statement is Christian propaganda and the result of your indoctrination – i.e. you have been taught to despise others that do not think like you and that they are somehow sub-standard humans.

Apart from the millions of Christians who experience depression and guilt about their believed sinful nature. But unfortunately being happy doesn’t relate to knowing truth. Perhaps being deliriously happy by being convinced a fantasy is true has some value if happiness was the sole goal for humanity. Christian happiness is as relevant to truth as the person who is only happy when they are drunk.

Being happy doesn’t mean a great deal if the reality we face isn’t particularly fortuitous for us. It is easy to be happy when you are healthy but how would you feel when wracked with pain from the cancer moments before you die. The world is full of real challenges for humanity and burying your head in the sand and choosing to be happy by believing a fantasy is simply irresponsibility towards the rest of humanity.

I hope you realize that such a declaration is in effect an admission of true closed-mindedness, i.e. God is the only answer and you don’t care what anyone else says.

Many drunk people find happiness as well, so what’s your point. Now – discovering truth might be worth being happy about – but you only have faith and that is no indicator of truth.

Just like many atheists who achieve the same.

I understand many inmates in mental institutions suffering from delusion are equally happy. What does that say for you, what’s the difference?

Isn’t that a prissy statement.

You seem to be very confused. There is nothing that says reality is something to be happy about. And remember this strange idea you have that atheists hate people being happy is a result of your twisted indoctrination.

Just like happy drunks, right?

How is one link numerous? And if the one link is Christian quoting Christian propaganda then your claim is more than suspicious.

Religious schools do not teach control of emotions, but rather they exaggerate and stimulate emotionalism. Religious belief is entirely an emotional reaction to fantasy propositions. The alternative with logic and reason and religious teaching does not touch that.

Hmm, the USA, is one of the most religious countries in the world and has one of highest crime rates – clearly religion is doing a grand job. Perhaps all the crime is due to the few atheists? Hmm, except that US prison stats show atheists comprise less than the usual percentage compared to the outside population.

Oops – yet another prissy statement.

It’s called emotionalism.

When rationality attempts to assert itself.

And prison stats – prisons full of believers.

18. nova900 more spirituality,less dogma Registered Senior Member

Yep, I see eye to eye with you here.
    Let's face it. The concept of God has been used successfully by unscrupulous people for centuries now.
    Although the NT does contain(in my opinion) a lot of good spiritual content, it's the idealogies and dogma within it that most fundies dwell on, not many of the finer teachings attributed to Jesus.

Salvation,hell for non Christians, God having a tantrum over atheists and condemning them to eternal hell, Gods hangup about homosexuality, judement day,etc..all these things seem to dominate most of the Christian programs I see..most not all of course.

19. Why? Registered Senior Member

If the persons labeling themselves as members of these particular groups happen to fit those stereotypes, than the shoe fits - doesn't it?

20. Why? Registered Senior Member

Why use words - afterall they don't describe reality with 100% accuracy?

21. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Then just prove it to other christians as fact not faith, and the evidence you provide should convince us as well. You are just being silly by saying you can't prove god's existence to us. If god is really god, we would all know and not doubt.

22. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Yep, that's what I was getting at

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Something tells me they don't truly believe what they claim to believe.