Why atheism makes you mean

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by S.A.M., Nov 21, 2008.

1. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Dogs, SAM. Like the ones all over the place in my town.

Are you working up to claiming that domestic dogs are religious ?

Would that make them theists? It's an interesting argument. The dogs have of course the advantage of dealing with their Gods personally.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

You see chimps engaging in reciprocal altruistic behaviour, among other animals. Come on, you can't really be arguing this.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Businesswiz Registered Senior Member

I don't like generalizations such as these. With such issues it is important to define religious from spiritual. The term "Religious" is loaded. Athiests can be spiritual not religious, be very careful with putting stigmas on groups of people, hitler did that, its a nono.

I'll be Bill clinton in a good way and ask "what do you define charity as". Charity to some may be giving it away for taxes. Charity to some may be giving it to an entreprenuer in Ukraine, africa, or brazil for a very small interest percentage as compared to local interest rates to give some pride to those receiving the funds who now have the incentive to work to pay it off and make more money. Be very careful with your postulates, and define your terms clearly.

"Athiests" tend to be younger than "religious" people, who have grown and learned the ropes. Young people make less money= less donations.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.