Why did the Democrats lose the election?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bowser, Jan 14, 2017.

1. iceaura Valued Senior Member

But that explains nothing.
    Not only are you forgetting once again to say "white" when you are talking about a specifically racial phenomenon, but you have skipped entirely over the fact that these voters did not vote for Sanders (for example) when they had the chance. In other words, you are already granting the alienation of this "we" you keep talking about, prior to Clinton's nomination, and then blaming the nomination for creating it.
    Huffington Post is corrupt, of course, even though it hardly matters (Trump voters don't read it much) - those others have little influence, and few Americans read them at all. I'm talking about the mainstream media, the stuff lots of regular people get "information" from, and the stuff that frames the discussion and sets the vocabulary and so forth.
    Attend, please: Clinton is not a leftist politician. The American Left, especially the more libertarian wing, has always disliked the Clintons, both of them, and regarded them as obstacles. The Left did not favor or support Clinton until after she was nominated, except as a cynical assessment (mistaken, imho) that she was inevitable and the only electable Democrat with any chance of nomination. "The left" did not coin or monopolize the term "Berniebros" (https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/02/berniebro-revisited/460212/), and the resulting conflict was (as described there) intra-Dem (he describes it as "intra-left", in the usual established media Foxframe). The Left of course noticed that sexism is a major factor in American politics and an obvious influence on much of the opposition to Clinton (feminists of all ideological leanings noticed that) - but it was not the bulk of the leftist opposition to Clinton, which was based on her record and career, or their support for Clinton after nomination, which was based on calculated resignation. I posted links illustrating that going back more than ten years.

And especially: The "alt-right" has existed in American since long, long before it again renamed itself, and the idea that it was somehow rallied into existence by "the left" is part of its own propaganda feed and its own lying self-justification. You have - once again - bought into rightwingie bs.
    The rightwing corporate dominated national media - such as CNN, Fox, and MSNBC - are largely to blame for Trump. Whether or not some "conservatives" somewhere did or did not "want him" is beside the point - they were happy to promote him, publicize him, polish his brand and his knob, present him and his campaign to millions and millions of American citizens night after night in preference to anyone else. The man's entire political career played out on their venues - the whole thing. Has he ever made a speech without a nationally syndicated TV camera on him? Trump was never a local politician. He never campaigned in a neighborhood. He never worked within a political Party, in any capacity. He lost his home State and his home city almost 2/1, in the only election he ever stood for, which was for President.

He rode the rightwing corporate dominated national media into the White House.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

the dick measuring is still not helping.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

I have heard many various reasons but not being in the USA I have no real reason to say I know

However I do have a question myself

Will this thread be held over and recycled for the 2020 election?

I'm calling it now

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.