Why do French people suck so much?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by w1z4rd, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I am not sure about the financial arrangements. But I don't belive that the Americans ever promised to pay the French for the aid they provided. There was no debt. There was no agreement to pay the French for the aid.

It is important to note that French participation in the American Revolution was provided by a King as part of his on going global war with England. And French participation only came after the Americans demonstrated to the French that the revolution had a reasonable chance of success. In other words, the American Revolution aided the French King in his war with England.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

All the better to stab them in the back

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

What an all american cowardly act

oke: I love france it's great, the people are great,the food is great,the women are slim and they hate Americans viv la france. I should be going back to live there next year

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. LeMcChris Registered Member

french people!!!! my vacation and why they are idiots!!!

recently i wENT TO PARIS FOR 6 DAYS!!!! THIS IS MY EXPERIENCE... THOSE PEOPLE ARE ASHOLES!!!!!!

8. parmalee peripatetic artisan Valued Senior Member

awesOME.............POST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Returning to the OP: I am saddened by this tendency to categorize the French as arrogant and unfriendly (and the fact that I truly loathe and detest one French woman in particular is beside the point). The French have fed me well and, on more than one occasion, have apologized profusely for the exorbitant amounts of money they ask for vintage vinyl recordings. They've gone above and beyond the call of duty in directing me to the hotel at which Nico once resided with Philippe Garrel. And they've warmly embraced my sorry attempts to communicate with them in a sort of Latin (close enough); after all, I am but a "silly American."

The Italians on the other hand, feel obliged to violate my person upon meeting me, in spite of the fact that I am plainly cowering in fear (sure, the French do that "fake" kiss thing, but they don't mean it and they'll not accost one who openly exudes hostility). And then they think that they can make up for it by serving me plain spaghetti with butter and salt (no pepper!) in their homes.

The icing on the cake is that the Italians inevitably walk away from the moka pot as it is brewing coffee, allowing it to sputter and spew and resulting in a bitter and over-extracted mess. Whereas the French, ever attentive to detail, stand by the moka pot and remove it from the flame just before it sputters. And then they offer me chocolates.

9. amband Registered Member

tell your friend South Africans are not xenophobic. They are trying to surbive in a nation that the blacks are trying to kill them.

Their attitude is understandable

10. Cifo Day destroys the night, Registered Senior Member

Lafayette, we are here!

History buffs will tell you that, in the Summer of 1917, an American military officer uttered the famous line “Lafayette, we are here!” at the tomb of the famed French patriot, the Marquis de Lafayette, who fought on behalf of the United States in its Revolutionary War.

The utterance of that line suggested that, by entering World War I on the side of France, Americans were repaying a debt to the French, who had helped the United States gain its independence from Britain. The line is commonly attributed to General John "Black Jack" Pershing, but he, in turn, attributed it to his aide Colonel Charles Stanton.

Seeing as how the Americans twice snatched France from the Jaws of Death (ie, both World Wars), I think it can be said that we repaid our debt to France. Besides, France had it's own interest in defeating the British and, along the same lines, Napoleon sold Louisiana to the USA to strengthen it and make it a formidable enemy to England. On the other hand, France sold much-needed firearms to the Confederacy during to the Civil War (and we never "paid them back" :bugeye: for doing this).

11. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

Never had an issue with the French. If you speak French with them they're more than welcoming, but if you come there and think you can blabber on in your own tongue without even putting the slightest effort into speaking French..., personally I find it rude when you go to a foreign country and don't even try to speak the language there when communicating with the people. Sure the French do have their Frenchness which might seem unfriendly or strange for strangers, but hey, that's what makes travelling so interesting. If every nation had the same 'attitude' then that would be monotone and boring.
    As for protecting your own language, again, what's wrong with that? If they want Arret instead of stop then that's their good right. There's nothing arrogant or ignorant about wanting to keep your place mainly in the native tongue.
    If you don't want to be confronted with other languages, other cultures then don't travel and stay in your homogeneous vacuum.

12. sarah alfred Registered Member

actually they dont , they r very nice people

13. Teyen Registered Member

If french doesn't exist how the rest of the world can complain as well ?

It's funny to see how we are hated in the world !!

You're right when you say that French are arrogant. they are may be a little bit.

There is arrogante French people, like their is fat Boy in the US ! it's real!!

About the language, some french, and a lot of them don't want to speak English simply because they can't! And when an american or an English come to me to find help and don't tell me if i speak english i will answer him in French !
    How many English speak a seconde language??
    And when you say that French are patriotic...:bugeye: Have you seen French flag put on houses?

" French don't want american culture", of course we don't want it's not ours!!

And if you don't like France don't come to France, it's not a Romantic country..
    (OoooOh France is SO romantic !! XD)

And about the past of France, yes it's not very glorious like every country..

The world is multicultural

14. ?16 Registered Member

French people suck because they think they are superior to everyone else. They are snobs and want people to think that they have the life when they all have mental problems. Have been married to a french canadian for 31 years and my life has been a living hell. The most ignorant, arrogant, selfish, snobish, STUPID, weak people I have ever met. Thank God my children do not honor that heritage. THE FRENCH SIMPLY SUCK.

15. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Bitter much?

Regarding the French sucking...and doing other things...
    How do Frenchwomen hold their liquor?

By the ears, of course...:mufc:

16. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Ha! Proof you must be a turd

I love the French. I'm treated beautifully by the French.:blbl:

I appreciate their lack of pretentious niceties and their sincere charm. Americans on the other hand are all about overt niceties without the sincerity. Go figure.

17. superstring01 Moderator

When I lived in Europe (Spain and a brief stint in Normandy), the French were considered the assholes of Europe. Even in France, the non-French French people considered the French to be assholes (Normans, Bretons, Provençals, Basques). I heard worse things said about the French in Spain than they did about Americans (and, in fact, except for their distaste for the American government, pretty much everybody in Tenerife beat a path to my door to talk to me about Baywatch, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Michael Jordon and how much they loved Bill Clinton).

That said, I had little to no bad experiences in France. Paris is full of pricks, but so is every other big city. Try to use the language and you get a lot of leeway from the French.

Who, exactly, is threatened with becoming Americanized? Spain, Portugal, Italy and Germany have none of the pompousness of the French and seem to do a bang-up job of preserving their culture.

Horse shit. The Frogs love McDonald's more than pretty much anybody. McDonald's most profitable nation--per capita--to do business in is France; the second largest market after the USA: Economist: Happy Meal France and BBC: McDonald's In The Louvre

I hope you don't mean the food, (see my earlier point about McDonald's in France).

~String

18. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

LoL So the British Empire(and few surviving Belligerents) standing alone against Hitler for a year before Pearl Harbor's Casus Belli Got the U.S involved, is dismissed out of hand. Then Americans wonder why the bad rap when they go abroad and their war movies are playing to sparse crowds.

There was 5 Beaches at Normandy. Yup 2 we're American. The wars started in 1914 and 1939 and not 1917 and 1942. You can brag about Marines, I will give you that.

Tip: Wear a Canadian flag on your bag/ backpack. It helps a little(but not as much as it used to).

On Topic, My friend who grew up in a french house hold and spoke french fluently (and I mean better than an average Quebecer), albeit with a Alberta accent if you will. Parisians pretended to not understand him. He found Provincials very friendly.

It's just typical big city people are fucking assholes nearly the world over.

19. superstring01 Moderator

Well, through the Lend Lease Act, all those British soldiers would have starved, run out of fuel and/or equipment long before the American involvement. Churchill placed the timeline for British collapse at about 30 days if American's couldn't get their supplies to Britain in time.

This says nothing for the American supply of technology (the Christie Suspension made the T34 tank possible), money, resources and various widgets that kept the Soviets moving.

The figures speak for themselves. By 1944 (the year before the end of WWII) the US accounted for 63% of the world's GDP and was basically funding the war effort for the British, Chinese and Soviets (though, to a significantly decreased degree for the Soviets by 1944) and was building more tools of war than the British and all Axis powers combined. The US also built 60% of all the wartime aircraft used in the war (including all Axis and Allied powers) See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_production_during_World_War_II

Technically, the US supplied the most troop, warships and airplanes. Also, technically--as a Canadian--you should have given your own country an honorable mention (as Canada was fully an independent dominion and issued its own declaration of war against the Axis powers): 2 beaches were American (73,000 men), 2 were exclusively British (61,000 men), 1 was mostly Canadian (some British support, but mostly Canadian with about 21,000 men).

Why? Operation Overlord, especially the initial landing, Operation Neptune, was exclusively US Army/Army Rangers. The Marines were busy taking out the Japanese in the Pacific. The US Army, by this point in time, was just as well trained as actual fighting tends to be the best training for any soldier and these were war hardened men.

~String

Last edited: May 29, 2011
  20. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Er, it may have been a US inventor that came up with the Christie suspension, but it was also an invention that had been soundly rejected by the US.

Huh?
    Please check again.

21. superstring01 Moderator

I'm aware of that, and I give a wag of the finger to the US military yahoos who rejected Christie's design (but that doesn't change the fact that it was one of many significant American contributions to the Soviet military machine).

Side fact: As it turns out, the US Army people who rejected Chrstie's design did so because Christie was one of those eccentric malcontents who made military people boil with anger. It was not done for technical reasons, because the US military had dismissed him long before the product could be thoroughly demonstrated.

DOH!

The US portion of Operation Neptune. . . that is.

Sorry. You know what I meant!

~String

22. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Oh, he managed to demonstrate the product thoroughly, in several variants in fact. But Mr. Christie managed to piss off everybody. Including the Russians and we Brits who also ended using his suspension system. (In fact we used it for all cruiser tanks up to the Comet).

23. superstring01 Moderator

What, exactly, was it he did that was so bad?

Guess I could try looking up his life story.

~String

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.