Why do SOME men feel so threatened by women?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Theoryofrelativity, Feb 28, 2006.

?

What is your relationship status

1. Married

22.2%
  2. Dating

17.8%
  3. Separated

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Divorced

4.4%
  5. Widowed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Single

55.6%
  1. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

deleted in protest of poor moderation

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lil Light Foot Just a fuzzy lil Fyre ball. Registered Senior Member

My theory behind this is, women hold that ultimate power to bring life into the world. It is us who give birth, and bring that child into the world. No matter what they do, they can't compete with that.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. hug-a-tree Live the life Registered Senior Member

Men are afraid of women? I guess sometimes they are. But in most abusive relationships the man is the abuser. I know women do it too, but I'm just saying in generally that's how it goes.
    I personally think men are WAY more terrifying, but I guess that's just me.
    I know that when a guy says something like, "I want an at home wife" everyone will probably go at him calling him sexist and so on when he doesn't mean to be sexist at all. All he was wanting was to have someone at home to take care of the kids. It depends on who you’re talking to.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lil Light Foot Just a fuzzy lil Fyre ball. Registered Senior Member

Surely the reason those men abuse is because they feel threatened by the woman and that's the only way they feel they can regain the power over them. The stay at home wife thing could be another way of doing that, by locking her away at home he's controlling her and her actions, gaining power over her.

8. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

I didn't actually mean 'physically' threatened by women,

9. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

well said

10. Lil Light Foot Just a fuzzy lil Fyre ball. Registered Senior Member

Thankyou.
    If you look waay back, women were worshipped because they brought new life into the world and they were considered to be closer to nature because of it, then the patriachal ideas came along, and men have been trying control women ever since. I know this sounds like some feminist rant, but maybe are just trying to be equal with women. How can you compete with such an incredible power and gift as to bring new life into the world?
    In today's society it is much better than is has been, but you still have those men. Some men really feel threatened by powerful career women, I don't know whether that's because they almost see them as fellow males, maybe even superior stronger males than themselves and they just can't deal with it.

11. draqon Banned Banned

I dont feel threatened by women...more like excited...but I keep that excitement to myself...who knows they might not like me...and if they do...how will I fulfill all her needs at this early stage of my life? I got no job, I spend all my time on education and this forum (heheheee)

12. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Well Dragon, there are some ladies here who can tell u everything u need to know to take that excitement and do something useful with it! lol What would you like to know? Maybe we'll save the sexual education for another thread...... good that you have a positive view!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2006
  13. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

When I was 19 I was Manager of an Optical Practice, one of my trainees/employees was a 48yr old male, he was very secure in himself and had no problem with the situation. Yet I also had a 17yr old male student who didn't like the fact that he had a female for a boss even though he was younger. Is it in their genes or is it in their education..their upbringing? It can't be a generation thing as I have just demonstrated....curious?

14. hug-a-tree Live the life Registered Senior Member

Well we can't control it. In fact I'm sure most women would be pleased to have men bring new life into the world. I wouldn't mind personally.

15. Lil Light Foot Just a fuzzy lil Fyre ball. Registered Senior Member

Well that's all fine, but it still means that we have that great power over them, and they want to make it all equal.

16. hug-a-tree Live the life Registered Senior Member

That's sweet.

17. draqon Banned Banned

all I need is a friend now...someone who understands that I will care for them (and I will) and someone who will listen to all my worries...go play tennis with me...or go ice skating with me ( I love ice skating). Sex is on my mind, but not a priority.

18. hug-a-tree Live the life Registered Senior Member

But you have the power of getting us pregnant.

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Well, we are afraid of the power they have over us due to our overwhelming attraction for them.

20. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

aww hugs...may I reccomend this site www.plentyoffish.com

21. Lil Light Foot Just a fuzzy lil Fyre ball. Registered Senior Member

I have the power to get us pregnant? I'm female...I can't get us pregnant...

22. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

very honest reply - thank you

23. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

haha

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!