Why do women make eye contact?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by artistmosi, Mar 24, 2006.

1. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

I don't think I'm paranoid...just because I have to sit with my back to a wall and seeing all entry/exit points in a public location, in case someone comes in to rob the place...or scan my environment with a sweep, looking for potential threats...
    Or even think about what I would do if that person over there pulls a gun or knife on me...
    I'm just really tuned-in to my environment, is all...
    When I have panic attacks I add to the above-look around for improvised weapons in the immediate environment, if I can, get to the car.
    I feel very safe in the car; I can run threats over.

I grew up in the land of the worst-case scenario?:shrug:I tend to react rather strongly to threats.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Why do women make eye contact?

I think the same reason everyone else does...

For anyone desperate enough to see that as a sign of attraction...all I gotta say is I won't be there to say "I told you so" when you get your ass wiped...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. murdoch Simply Psychic! Registered Senior Member

I guess now nobody will blame you at least.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Hmm, so am I unique in making eye contact with people I find attractive? I was always lead to believe it's fairly standard, or does only the lingering or repeated kind count, or am I just expected to be staring at other parts? :shrug:

8. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Do you only make eye contact with people you find sexually attractive?

I mean...this is obviously a cultural thing, in most of Asia it's really rude to make eye contact, whereas in the USA, they force you to, failure to do so is seen as a sign of dishonesty.

9. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

He's 15, they probably just walk up and grab a crotch or pull the thong hanging out, to show attraction. Or the run home on msn and whisper "I like you..."

10. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Not exclusively, but it's by far more common, and if it's repeated or lingering then there's definitely something I find eye catching.
    The question would be what reasons are there for eye contact, one of such reasons obviously being attraction, so it would hardly be unfounded for someone to come to that conclusion, at least on *some* occasions. :shrug:
    Ah that takes me back a few years. Does the "like" function on facebook serve as an adequate replacement? I'm out of touch with these things.