Why does evolution select against atheists?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by S.A.M., May 9, 2009.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

RNA can copy itself. This isn't speculation, it has been demonstrated in the lab.

Here's how it works:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. hay_you Registered Member

Darwin knew that the fossils at his time, did not explain, the error that evolution would have to have. He hoped that in the future these types of fossils would be found. The problem is that they aren't found.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. hay_you Registered Member

Where did the RNA get the ability to copy it's self? We already know that cells divide. Also this is still not life.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

You mean transitional fossils? They aren't errors, they are variations that survived. They are creatures with characteristics between the creatures (or plants) we are familiar with and have given names. When they get their own name, you will no longer consider them transitional.

From the inherent structure of it's molecules.

Just admit it, you don't know shit about evolution. You just want to maintain your stupidity and belief in an irrational and unscientific theory.

8. hay_you Registered Member

many of the real transitional animals should have survived, because they would have to mature and reproduce for the mutation to be passed on. These would be in the millions compared to completed animals. But that is not what we find, in the fossil record.
    The fossil record supports creation. Because in creation you would see completed life, without the transitional animals.
    Combine that with the fact that cats produce cats and dogs dogs.
    'Evolution' is really science fiction. There is no evidence for it.

9. earth Registered Senior Member

I'm not buying instead I'm sighing because you're denying the vast facts confirmed by brilliant minds over time.

You're not citing any sources and are misconstruing the overwhelming evidence science has discovered establishing the theory of natural selection and evolution.

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Humans are transitional species.

11. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

This is circular; what happens if the creation fails? Am I then a creator? Let's be honest, here: you're implying God.

Go against what evidence? We have quite a good idea how life came about; a staggeringly good one, given that we've only been studying evolution for 150 years or so.

Yes, but your implication was an old creationism jibe: that the cat my wife currently wastes money on will begin to change into a dog. I don't back away from the proposition that things changed into other things: they did.

And? Do you know much about your great-great-great grandfather? How shall we know you ever had one?

Simple reproduction of oligonucleotides. It's far from impossible, when we can generate amino acids in vitro in only a few months given the right starting materials and with no directed effort.

I don't wish to be rude, but I suspect this is false.

Such as? Pick one thing from this list that scientists believe in that is not real:

1. Atoms.
    2. Heredity.
    3. Ion bonds.
    4. Unicorns.

Rather, we have considered this proposition, and found it lacking. You might want to answer the question about the whale legs, for instance: what are they for? Why were they created?

12. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Well, I'll tell you what: I've posted a link below. Attack, with all your unshorn diligence, any element therein and I shall defend it to the best of my ability, if I feel your criticism was in error:

http://www.vectorsite.net/taorgin.html

13. hay_you Registered Member

Scientists are smart people, but if you are trained from a young person in school to accept something and the rest of your life depends on that belief ( your career) and peer pressure , you also are going to think the same way. Also now scientists have stuck their necks out and declared 'evolution' as a fact, they have no choice but to stay the coarse.
    Can you see scientists ripping up all the papers for the last 150 years. ( not that the science was bad, but just the interpretations scientists, use.)
    I don't see scientists doing that, also because I think some of them really believe what they are saying.

14. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I stick my neck out: evolution is a fact, or rather, a Law. (Ophiolite and I battled nastily over this liberty with the field.

) Simple mathematical inheritance. We've dillied about far too long on this.

Sure, I might indeed feel peer pressure were it widely known that I were a theist. But I also believe what I'm saying because it's fact. What should God have to do with this whole process? Shall we now put Him to your test?

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That's not true, nothing so far contradicts evolution, and nothing you have said certainly does so.

16. hay_you Registered Member

People have the right to believe what they want. My only intention is to show that what scientists are say , have no foundation with facts. And that science to day is like may religions, it takes faith, that in the future they will be proved correct.

17. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

No.
    Your intention was to troll and lie while denying there are any facts.

Also wrong.
    Science has already been shown to be correct.

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

When are you planning to do that?

19. hay_you Registered Member

Ha Ha yea....

20. earth Registered Senior Member

21. hay_you Registered Member

Ha ha thas cute , which end was the face?

22. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

hay you:

I have already explained to you how "transitional animals" work in another thread.

If you continue to repeat previously-debunked rubbish, you may be banned. This is your second and last warning.

23. hay_you Registered Member

No need to do that .
    We have been over this quite a bit anyway.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009