Why does the evolutionary process exist?

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by Theoryofrelativity, Aug 18, 2006.

1. imaplanck. Banned Banned

No he is defining believing in a creator as theism.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Creationism is still theism.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

I never said this interefering force created anything did I ?

It is just that, an interefering force. I do not know anything more than I have observed. Anything else is speculation.

From memory theism from wikipedia suggests belief in deity. If my force is deity then yes I am theist, if not, then no I am not theist. But re creation, I speculate just like everyone else, only difference is I have not settled for an unsatisfactory explanation. I neither believe nor disbelieve anything in that regard. So what does that make me Agnostic? The only and MOST sensible view point.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Life has been observed by a great many people, who have yet to see the same 'forces' you purport to see. In fact, you claim to only believe in them; blind faith.

You're a theist, as I said you were a long time ago. You may choose not to accept it, but you'll always be viewed as a theist, by definition.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

You OBSERVED those forces?!? What do they look like? There's a Nobel Prize waiting for you.

No, belief in supernatural forces that control human destinies, like your forces.

9. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

No blind faith required, I KNOW what has happened in my life and that of others, and there is no question that intereference takes place, you don't accept it, that is your problem not mine.

I have no need to prove to you how my life works, I am only grateful I have figured out how it works for me so I can use it to my best advantage. It is your loss that you miss the point of everything in your own life and only pay attention to that which has been indioctrinated into you by other humans.

10. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

it's not a force Q, it's a set of circumstances that are being manipualted both to aid me and to teach me, another word for this type of manipulation of events could be 'magic

' . I believe in magic Q, woo woooooooooooooo

or you would probably call it 'coincidence' , VERY odd coincidences, I see attributing everything to 'coincidence' as blind faith Q and FEAR, fear that you are just a small fuck in a very big fuck filled pond.

11. perplexity Banned Banned

It depends how you look at it.

There are monotheistic Buddhist who feel the need for a creator. Others insist that the Buddhist idea is not of "reincarnation", but rather of "re-birth". (don't ask!)

At any rate there is a sense of relationship akin to that with an omnipotent overlord; the Universe actively responds to us.

--- Ron.

12. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Incorrect

I will only be viewed a theist on this board (which I have zero problem with)

But in the rest of my life, no one ever will call me theist as they never did before, why? Because NEVER is religion or belief in God/pink bunnies a topic of conversation in my real world outside of this board. Your obsession is not everyones.

13. imaplanck. Banned Banned

So outside of this board are which kind of people exactly? Maybe you will be called a theist by all atheists and scientifically minded alike.

14. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

That's merely your over-active imagination at work. You could never show those forces existed, that is a fact.

Poor delusional girl. Will you now try and convince us that you have control over those forces? hehe

15. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

he he... she proves having faith in the same sentence where she denies it.

16. perplexity Banned Banned

Why?

Why should this be the business of anybody else at all?

Not since I was a teenage Boy Scout do I recall being obliged to fill in a form to declare a religious belief

--- Ron.

--- Ron.

17. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

First, it's a force, now it's not a force, but a set of circumstances. Make up your mind.

So much for the title of Ad Hom Police. Or, are you the police that make sure ad homs are present?

18. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Why do you post here.

19. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

So, you don't share your delusions with others? Gee, I wonder why?

20. perplexity Banned Banned

That is my business.

Is it supposed to be because of a belief?

Is curiosity allowed?

--- Ron.

21. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

You do not exist because there is no objective observer. Hence you have no business.

22. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

I see. I found this, which seems prevalent to most sources of Buddhism on the net:

" According to Buddhism, this inequality is due not only to heredity, environment, "nature and nurture", but also to Karma. In other words, it is the result of our own past actions and our own present doings. We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate."

http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/karma.htm

23. imaplanck. Banned Banned

It's not.
    When someone states they believe the universe was consciously created though it is useful to regard them as believing beyond the scientific, because according to current data that is indeed what they are suggesting.