Why does the West tolerate Israeli crimes?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RedStar, Jul 21, 2012.

1. RedStar The Comrade! Registered Senior Member

S.A.M, the military is but an arm of the government. They don't get to make decisions about the wars they fight. That's why I take it easy in criticizing the "troops", and criticize the central command and the politicians instead. They vote on the wars.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I know people from the military who take the conscious decision to put down their guns. Anyone can put a gun in your hand but only you can pull the trigger.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

I did not want to start new thread and as the IAEC has found no evidence that Iran is setting up to build an A-bomb, I decided to post this news here:
    Yesterday on Pierce Morgan´s TV interview show, Iran´s soon to retire President said (not direct quote): The world order is wrong when without any evidence, Israel can consider attacking Iran just because it thinks Iran may be doing what Israel has done. Iran´s nuclear program is for power and medical isotopes, not a bomb.

He made "We need a new world order" the central theme of his UN address the next day. This speech was his last to the UN and so rationally and calmly done that no one walked out during it as they always have in his past seven UN addresses. I hear part of it.

Little covered in the West (and not mentioned in part of his speech I heard) was the just concluded meeting in Terran of the non-aligned nations (More than 100 of them, as I recall, with president of Egypt briefly participating and Head of UN also.) It was in Terran as Iran currently holds the leadership chair. They had the the three cars destroyed by Israel´s motorcycle bombers on display. (Done by motor cycle passing and slapping a magnetic bomb on the side to kill three Iranian nuclear scientists.) I saw the destroyed cars mounted on ~3 meter high stands on Brazilian news TV. I´ll give 10 to 1 odds you did not see them on US´s "Israeli filtered" TV.*

Certainly by many standards, Israel is pushing the "Self Defense" of/by preventive killings so much that many in the non-aligned nations did consider these acts to be "crimes" but US does the same with drones delivering the bombs instead of motor cycles.

* Please correct me if you did.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2012
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

That toleration seems to be decreasing: