Why does this hurt?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by DaveC426913, Jan 15, 2017.

1. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Below is what you may have accordin to an online Dr. wit information based on my best guesses.!!!

Gastritis
    Gastroenteritis
    Reflux EsophagitisPeptic
    Ulcer Disease

Go here::: http://www.everydayhealth.com/symptom-checker an answr the questons you'rself an you might get a more accurate result.!!!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

As I said, that's been ruled out.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Gasteroenteritus / Norovirus.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baldeee Valued Senior Member

A secondary question for my utterly untrained diagnosis: does the way you lie down have any effect?
    E.g. If you lie on your back, does it induce the pain?
    If you lie on your side (Right? Left?) does it induce the pain?
    Or on your front etc?
    Knowing this might narrow down the options (between one guess and another

)

It may just be that your spine has gotten slightly twisted somewhere (or slight disc degeneration), such that when you sleep/lie down it's putting pressure on certain places resulting in the pain.
    And this might be something that your upright body naturally compensates for during the day.
    Has your walking or sitting posture changed at all since the pain began, or over the preceding months?

If so, one of those people who yank your body around to realign you may help (chiropractor? Is that what they do?)
    Or get a proper sports-type massage if it's a muscular issue.
    Even if it's not muscular, the massage person may well spot what might be wrong.
    Plus they can be very relaxing and beneficial even if there was no underlying pain issue.

But heck, unless there are any trained medical people on this forum, we're all just hurling loogies off a building and seeing if any hits a passer-by.

8. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

I can kind of lessen the ache a little if I position myself right, but it's not a long-term solution. Usually I'm moving again a little later.
    It doesn't seem to much matter which position. There's some ache in all of them.

It's pretty mild now. No more than a 1. Not sure if it's actually decreasing, or if I'm just getting used to it.
    In hurts when I inhale deeply (making me exhale and say "whoof!"), but only while - or after - lying down. During the day, a deep inhale does not cause any ache at all.

Yeah. I know what lower back pain feels like.

No. I was in Cuba for a week over Christmas.

That's not a bad idea.

Agreed.