Why everyone needs to stop...

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Thoreau, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

Why can't we all just get along??? Seriously. Everyone needs to stop attacking eachother because of thier personal beliefs. There is nothing to be solved. Let people believe what they want to believe, despite whether you feel it is wrong or right, and shut the hell up and leave them alone. If anyone has a direct problem with another member, settle it privately.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Humans don't know how to do that. We can all talk a big, tolerance game, but we can't do it. We can talk about "loving each other", but we don't know how, can't do it.

But just so you know, should we all try to get along with murderers, rapists, robbers, burglars, terrorists, ...., too? I mean, they're people, too, ain't they?

Baron Max

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

humans by their very nature are aggressive and violent

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

The problem is that the doctrine of the two major religions, Christianity and Islam, have it that their adherents attempt to convert others (spread the word), or that, in the case of Islam - the whole world must be turned to Islam.

We can never have peace while these two intrusive monsters are trampling and forcing their ideas on others throughout the world.

Now when such beliefs begin to intrude into government and schools then I'm not prepared to be tolerant of their ideas when my life and survival are threatened.

8. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

My post is regarding the other posts that were outright insulting Theists and Atheists. This has nothing to do with murderers, rapists or anything of the sort. Quite frankly, I don't care who believes what. But I DO care when people start fighting like children over something so insignificant. People are posting meaningless bullshit in order to start a conflict and its a waste of time and space.

9. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Agreed. But that isn't going to stop it, ya' know.

Baron Max

10. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

But one can try. :shrug:

11. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

When you promote peace, your chances of getting peace are greater. When you promote conflict, your chances of getting conflict are greater.

12. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

It is interesting that humans can get along with each other while trading,

commerce, vacations, foods, entertainment, traveling and so on. As soon as

humans start talking religion something goes very wrong and we seem to

lose the tolerances we had for everything else. I just wonder why

something that is supposed to unite humans is always making problems

instead. I would think it is because of the leaders of those religions not

being reasonable and trying to stop the prejudices before they get out of

hand.

13. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

We are never all going to "GET ALONG" and why should we? If I don't like somebody for whatever reason, I am not going to PRETEND I do.:bugeye:

14. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

No but if someone has a problem with another member, its not looked kindly upon when one posts a thread insulting them. Handle it directly and privately.

If someone wants to have an open discussion regarding someone elses religious beliefs, approach the issue reasonably and without insult.

15. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

like in a PM? I agree. And then a whole thread gets started dedicated to those PMs. So why bother, might as well bring it to the board in the first place, at least with that person.

and some people want to play out their apology in public and not a PM.

all is drama and the attention it brings.

16. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Oh, they know how. They just don't want to.

17. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

Well, I've said what I wanted to say. What happens from here on out is up to everyone else. Just thought I would provide a level balance to the madness.

18. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

It is extremely insulting to have Christians and Muslims demand I convert to their beliefs and that I live my life subservient to their gods.

It is extremely insulting that these cults build there churches and mosques all over the place free of any taxes.

It is extremely insulting that they have their beliefs controlling the decision making processes of states and governments.

I am only too happy to return the favor.

19. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

And I think very few people are disagreeing with you. However, fighting fire with fire does not extenguish the flame.

20. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

Well, Im pretty sure no one here has a problem with an apology, public or private.

21. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Education, reason and rationale fail miserably with those cults. By doing nothing, we allow them to spread their disease throughout mankind.

What do you suggest we do?

22. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

I am not saying to do nothing. I am saying that insults will only cause more drama and no resolution. As I said previously, approach the issue reasonably and without insult. Express your side, listen to thiers. If no resolution can be reached, try again later. That's all you can do.

Look, people are all different. No two people in this entire planet are going to share the same beliefs about everything. And if someone is not willing to take one side into concideration, there is absolutely nothing that anyone can do about it. The only thing you CAN do is express your side to them and hope that they are willing to listen.

23. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

That has been tried and has failed, miserably. You cannot talk to theists who live their lives in fantasies. They do not express ideas, they regurgitate delusions.

That is exactly the problem, they aren't willing to listen. Their cults are formed from hatred and bigotry that deny knowledge and education and consider them evil. Their delusions poison the minds of people. Their diseased beliefs are and will continue to be the downfall of all mankind.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2007