Why God doesn't exist

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by earth, Sep 1, 2009.

1. lightgigantic Banned Banned

the same as engineering a belief in a creator of everything of course (namely bringing to suit a host of social behaviors in human society that play to their advantage)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mike47 Banned Banned

Prove it .

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Doreen Valued Senior Member

As much as the post of yours I was responding to.

I assume you understand the relevence or would not have pursued the tangent with me.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Doreen Valued Senior Member

Generally not considered relevent on the macro scale we deal with. But OK, you want to bring in QM. You say it is random. Random or determined, it has nothing to do with free will. You are not making choices if you are utterly determined. You are not making choices if it is random.

I never mentioned fate. You are using a straw man argument here. I referred to determinism.

That phrase 'man-made' is misleading. It implies that you are the agent or we are. But if men are absolutely determined they have no choices. If as you say there is randomness, this is not choices either.

Fate is your word, not mine.

There is no reason there would have to be a guide, there could simply be laws. I am not sure why you are trying to introduce a deity.

And then you go on abuot fate, your word not mine.

So, are your actions based on determinism or randomness?

8. Doreen Valued Senior Member

You think the results of flipping a coin involves quantum phenomena?
    Do tell.

We often use probablity theory when we cannot track all the variables.

9. mike47 Banned Banned

The extreme complexity of this universe would imply in my view a certain designer or designers . For instance water is a vital necessity for life and it can not just happens to exist for humans....etc by a simple nature accident....etc. We as humans follow logic. In maths for example we have : x2 + 1 = 0 and x is an imaginary number . These imaginary numbers are used in electronics and electric engineering ....etc .

10. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

mike47,

Why? Can you quote anything complex that was designed outside of an evolutionary process?

11. mike47 Banned Banned

Your body and how it continues to live .

12. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

mike,

Why assume anything can be created? We have no precedent for something from nothing.

13. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

mike,

There is no evidence that humans were designed. Think again.

14. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

You're looking at it the wrong way.
    We use water for life because it's there and available: it's not that water's there because we need it.

15. mike47 Banned Banned

Without water we die . So water existence is vital for us .

16. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

mike,

And if water did not exist then we would either not exist or life would have evolved a different way that had no dependence on water.

17. mike47 Banned Banned

We were designed to have water for our survival.....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Mike,

Once again we have no evidence that we were designed by anything or indeed that anything complex has ever been designed outside of an evolutionary process.

19. earth Registered Senior Member

Doreen,
    You're a detractor of the Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle and one who believes in an "underlying determinism and realism". The film clip expressing the view of a coin traveling for 22 years to reach its target is just about right depicting your viewpoint. It's all been determined in advance, right? And if thats not right then I can't understand anything you're saying.

Albert Einstein believed that randomness is a reflection of our ignorance of some fundamental property of reality, while Niels Bohr believed that the probability distributions are fundamental and irreducible, and depend on which measurements we choose to perform. Einstein and Bohr debated the uncertainty principle for many years.

Einstein made the comment "God doesn't toss dice". He spent his later years trying to disprove his own theories but couldn't.

Quantum Mechanics examines the universe at the atomic level. Quantum Mechanics is still developing and a not-yet-completely-understood theory.

The whole point is science doesn’t find evidence of a God at the atomic level. Science hasn't found any organized intelligence or organized anything operating at the quantum level in reality. Only what is referred to as randomness or in other words chaos. Omnipresent intelligence permeating the universe simply doesn't exist, there isn't any structure for it.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  20. earth Registered Senior Member

Are you disagreeing? Quantum mechanics explains why there is uncertainty in the result when flipping a coin. Coin flipping by nature typically has only two possible outcomes. The uncertainty is understood by asking the question after flipping the coin which one is it heads or tails. We recoginize a coin flip as resulting in uncertainty by observation. This observation is repeatable and is true, thereby meeting the scientific requirements to be a fact. Quantum mechanics is the theory used by scientists to explain the fact a normal coin flip has an uncertainty to the outcome. Uncertainty is a property of reality.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  21. earth Registered Senior Member

If opportunities are not “man made” then where do they come from? Bartering is a good example of taking advantage of an opportunity. Governments are formed by men. Vaccines are developed by men. Technology is developed by men. Science is developed by men. We are tool makers and opportunist. Actually, we make our own opportunities. Our environment provides the materials in which we work. We grow our own food and make the things we need as humans, if anything our environment dictates the nature of our existence. Our environment dictates the limits of our available choices. Choices remain whether you acknowledge them or not.

22. earth Registered Senior Member

Please define determinism.

Uncertainty exists in reality and scientist explain this uncertainty as a consequence of randomness at the quantum level using quantum mechanics theory.

Things I can recognize at my level of existence, randomness is an opportunity to gamble.

23. Photizo Ambassador/Envoy Valued Senior Member

Now grab a copy of The Myth of Sisyphus to temper thy resolve.

True that!