Why Hypewaders Suspended Quadraphonics

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by hypewaders, Jun 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

/not comprehnding this.:shake::zzz:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Because her example is based on events involving foreigners, not local Haredis; a point you have completely avoided in your response. I appreciate your comments about their segregation; you might also ask why they're like that.

It's amusing to watch your absurd quest for dogma here. You're grasping for straws here in a particularly enraged way, and coming up short as a result; your sole trick here seems to be to try to invoke the charge of anti-Semitism. Quadra's criticism was of Sam's suspiciously immovable standpoint, for which she's received criticism from other people. But you want to twist this into anti-Semitism on my part now? Underhanded and low.

This is the most bizarre twist of this discussion yet, because of this next point of yours:

Wow. First off, how am I "being" an anti-semitic argument?

Second: do you really have no idea what sarcasm is? I have to disregard this one, because if I believed you actually believed this, I would also have to accept that you were mentally unfit, or else just unhinged. This is a bizarre line of argument in the extreme. I was amused at quadra's impression of Sam - which, by the way Bells, I know for a fact is meant precisely as that - and then you thought that I thought the massacre of Palestinians was funny? Then, when that avenue of yours fails (because...seriously, now), you actually think you can turn the argument around and claim that I am now being anti-Semitic? (Which is doubly confusing, because Sam's just told me that anti-Semitism doesn't exist.)

Look, I'm not being cheeky when I ask this, because I want to give you a fair shake and not pick on you here: is English your first language? I'm asking this honestly. I want to be completely sure here that I'm not being unfair.

Again: you simply don't understand. Or choose not to. You seemingly don't understand the concept of premeditation vis-a-vis the point that I was making (that certain handlers wanted a riot); or you choose not to. You really actually think I'm trying to justify the deaths of the protestors with the song? Is that how you really perceive the incident? If I believed this, I would truly pity you.

:yawn: Keep awaiting. You have comported yourself with nothing but poor form, insinuation, ad hominem, dishonesty and/or intellectual disconnect throughout these proceedings, as if the above was part of Quadra's sarcastic rant. Why would I bother discussing this now? You clearly don't follow how the argument works. Pointless and childish.

Oh. That's odd. And here I'd thought it was Jewish people I was okay with the massacre of. But now it's Muslims. I wish you'd make up your mind.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Yes, because that's precisely what he was implying. Brilliantly deducted.

Yes, because I understand his intent. You might dislike his format - hype does, and he and I differ on our appreciation of it, but hype I expect understands the meaning of his sarcasm - but you can hardly pretend that he actually meant it in the way you intend.

Hehe. Really? This raises several issues. First off, you are tragically, sadly, unbelievably wrong on all counts, as I've demonstrated quite easily. You don't follow either myself or Quadra, and it's more than a little difficult to believe that this outrage is real. First, I'm somehow supporting the massacre of Jews, but then by the end of the post it's the Muslims. So which is it then? Who knows? It's surprising that such a conversation should go on in the present day; but here we are.

The next is what you plan to "do about it". You've hinted at dire retribution for disagreeing with you before, and it isn't the first time, so I'm curious: what is it you have in mind for my apparent crimes of hatred, above?

Sigh - sorry again, hype. I know I said I would back away slowly, but Bells is pushing me a bit on this, and it's hard to just drop this kind of thing and walk away when one's being attacked. Could you move the OT stuff to another forum? Not Human Science, though, for the obvious reason. Cesspool probably best. Sorry to be a pain.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bells Staff Member

Read up on the Haredim. They are of European descent in that they are not "local" Jews. They humiliate and attack local Jews often.

I will address the rest of your post later, but I want to concentrate on this now:

And are you daring to suggest that I would somehow be unable to moderate fairly Geoff?

Are you suggesting that I am biased in how I moderate, Geoff? I would strongly suggest you retract that statement or provide proof that it should not be moved to Human Science for "obvious reasons". You forget, I am not you. I don't stoop that low like you would and do.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

You've already implied a couple of times that "things aren't looking so good for me"; I take this as the suggestion that you would like to "moderate" my posts. Makes me suspicious.

So, ergo: yes. I don't trust you. Sorry. :shrug:

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Oh, and: I will read up on the Haredim. But I will remind you that these incidents apparently mostly involve outsiders; a point which Sam also supports, ironically enough.

9. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Well, I'd thought from your earlier writings that you didn't want it here. I expect I was misinformed, then.

10. Bells Staff Member

I'm sorry?

You attribute what I said about your personality to how I moderate?

I'd suggest you point out where I have moderated unfairly Geoff. That is a spurious accusation that you have to support. I expect links within the next 24 hours or this will be tantamount to trolling. Thank you kindly.

11. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

No; I attribute what you said about my personality to poor judgement, overreaction and possibly even to dishonesty.

Oh, I didn't say you haven't moderated fairly; only that I suspected you wouldn't do so in my case. You haven't been fair throughout this debate, so I thought the same might well occur elsewhere.

Now: should I ask for links or support for your accusations against me within 24 hours? Or are certain people allowed to troll?

12. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

13. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

14. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

I thank you, and my bleeding eyeballs thank you. And nobody got told it's past his bedtime (which it is mine)
    /burn
    /crash

15. Bells Staff Member

You know damn well I meant it about your personality and how you appear on this forum and not in regards to moderation or your membership on here. That you would steep this low, after trying to goad me into attacking your family and indicating that I have done so when I have never done so, not to mention making fun of my sexual assault again says more about your poor judgement, your personality and your dishonesty.

Right, so what are you doing then? Ah yes, here we go:

You just prefer to indicate that I would moderate you unfairly.

Now, provide a god damn link that I have done so or to support your proposition in this thread.

Accusations of your behaviour? Read every single post you have made in here.

Now, put up or shut up.

Which has nothing to do with moderation but everything to do with your personality and beliefs. And you know it.

Threaten your account?

You have accused me of moderating unfairly and suggested that I would. That is a very serious allegation. Now, I would suggest you actually provide proof of your original claim or retract it. Or yes, I will report your post to the administration. Now, do you know why I would report it instead of moderating your myself? Because I am not biased.

16. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

17. Bells Staff Member

Somewhere a small violin is playing a tune for you.

I don't have mod powers in this forum Geoff. So you'll have to ask one of the admin or one of the other moderators to move it for you.

18. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Well, you could just copy and paste it. I'm sure it's quite simple.

And the other mod is "indisposed" at the moment.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The only local Jews are the Mizrahi. The rest are all immigrants or first generation descendents of such. But make no mistake. They are NOT tourists or visitors, but settlers.

From Larry Derfners column in The Jerusalem Post:

20. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Well, I can't wait any longer. Bedtime. Your link, madam:

http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2572166&postcount=200

Pay especial attention to the last line. You are saying this was not your intent? Let's hear about this: response to the other thread if you please. And if you must go to the adminstration, so be it. It seems likely that I would do likewise; you claim my suspicion is unwarranted. Very well: your accusations are, similarly, unwarranted. I will advise the administration of this issue via PM immediately: not that I'm trying to make things worse, but rather in that I feel whoever "shoots second" on these issues generally makes little impression. I do not wish to take any undue advantage, but at the same time I feel I should have my say. And, ultimately, this might be approaching an administrative issue anyway. Who knows? Perhaps they'll judge for you in toto.

21. Bells Staff Member

You are insane!

It was meant in regards to your personality and your hypocrisy.

Your accusations of unfair moderation in Human Science are not only directed at me, but also at my co-moderator. Are you suggesting that he would allow me to moderate unfairly and vice versa? You have said that you would not trust me to moderate you fairly. That is a very grave and serious accusation Geoff and you had better have the proof to show that the moderators of Human Science would moderate you or this subject unfairly.

I am giving you 24 hours before I report you for trolling. You can attempt to PM the administrators and say what you please. That is not my concern.

My concern is that you have raised doubts about how Dwy and I moderate Human Science, and I take such accusations very seriously. So again, put up or shut up.

22. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

@Bells

Originally posted by Bells
    "Right. So if you or Lucy or Quad make comments about sending all Jews to the ovens, we can ignore it as a joke, because you don't mean it? Right?"

Do you mind keeping my name out of this you fake bitch!!!

If you want to use that analogy perhaps you should point to Sam.

I don't want you fucking using my name to illustrate your insipid point of view.

And YES I AM telling you to fuck off and leave me alone.

Most of all don't fucking use my name for anything around here and I will ignore you as the pretentious housewife you are.

...After all we don't belong to the same 'species'.

23. Bells Staff Member

Thank you Lucy, for proving my point about Quad's posts.

Now, I don't know what bug has crawled up your butt, but I will tell you now, it is not appreciated. You have personally attacked me constantly on this forum of late and I am asking you to back off. And I am doing this politely. Is that understood?

Indeed. You're still here which makes you somewhat protected in that regard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.