Why is being nude so "wrong"?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Thoreau, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I know I always swam naked. I think I got my first swim suit when I was 8..a metallic gold bikini. And that was only cuz we went to DisneyWorld.

I was naked around my son til the day he flung back the shower curtain to talk to me. He wants to know if he can go to a friends house. I'm scrubbing my head, eyes closed, answering him, when I hear his friend start giggling. Yeah, my son thought it wasn't a big deal to everyone. WRONG!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

How old was your son? he let his friend in the bathroom?

I would think even at young age, your kid would have enough common sense not to let his friend in the bathroom where his mom is showering

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

There is too much nudity on American t.v (cable) it is just gratuitous and take away from the story and before you know it all you need to do is put up images of naked people and it's just brain dead media. Just like euro. commercials they are selling SEX...dont kid yourself. And in Europe they dont walk around the streets naked, a beach is much different because there are loads of people, what would be on your mind if you got into an elevator with 3 hot babes and everyone was naked? See the problem

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

well, maybe my son isn't at the genius level your child is. Probably due to your superior parenting.

does being rude come naturally to you? Or do you not even realize you do it?

I know, I know "What?? I was just saying. Gee you have thin skin" lol

8. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

How is that question rude?

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah, we were pretty cool with the naked at home thing growing up. And it wasnt odd to see the parents changing or showering (though my dad was a bit more circumspect than my mom)

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

what? At your age you don't have the commen sense to know it was rude? :shrug:
    lol

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I have friends who talk about how awkward its goign to be if they ever have to take care of a parent. They might have to <GASP> bathe them.
    When I go home and we go swimming, me, my mom and my daughter are in one room changing into suits while my 2 sister-in-laws wait to use the bathroom.
    We always figured it was cuz they were 'city girls'

12. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

No I still don't get how that was rude....

I just wonder how old your kid was that he didn't think twice about letting his friend in your bathroom while you were showering. If that wasn't bad enough, he pulls back the curtain while his friend is standing there giggling? You are acting like alot of kids would do this, and I am somehow being rude.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Hey I'm a city girl and I've looked after my friends mother when she was ill; taking her to bathroom, wiping her, cleaning her throat for phlegm after it was opened out (she had throat cancer).

Yeah, I always change with my sisters (even my brother, but I use a towel to spare his sensibilities); they change in front of me. I also change before close female friends, we hate to break off a conversation just cos we're changing!

14. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

My ex and I enjoyed taking a shower together and walking around neked in the house. We didn't see anything wrong with that.

15. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Was she your ex at the time?

16. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

ditto

17. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

would you do this with kids around though?
    (and I don't mean babies)

18. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

No, we were still married then, silly question.

19. John99 Banned Banned

I agree 100%....oh except for
    ...Yes they would, women dont uderstand how the male mind works.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I'm curious; all these people who feel nudity equals sexual, have you ever discussed sex with your parents? Your sex life, their sex life? Anything about sex?

21. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I mean my 6 yr old wouldn't think of doing that. If I am in the bathroom and they really need me, they knock on the door......or talk through it, if they can't wait till I get out.
    Just as I wouldn't think of going in when my 11 yr old is showering and just pulling back the curtain on him and start asking him questions.

22. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thats weird to me. Why would you knock to speak to your parents? Or kid? What are you going to do? See their naked body and feel lustful?