Why is it taboo to discuss the responsibility of victims?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by wynn, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

That's as may be but how much alcohol did you drink first?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Bells,
    I don't have time to respond in length right now (I might later on) but I did skim over your post.
    I feel you are being a tad dishonest in this discussion because it seems you have already decided it is rape before taking into account my arguments.
    For example:
    "So you view a woman getting drunk in her family's and/or friend's presence and then having a family member or friend rape her.."
    No, Bells. You should have used the words "have sex with her" in that sentence. Your questions are loaded for one thing.

"I'll give you a hint, if they appear to be falling down drunk and incoherent, then they are probably too drunk to consent."
    So it's ok not to worry about the consent thing if the other person does not show any obvious physical signs of intoxication, no matter how much they drank? Ok... then..

Another one:
    "I'm sorry, there is a gray area where someone forces another to have sex without consent?"
    What you can't seem to be able to grasp is that my stance is that there is a gray area in establishing whether or not someone is able to give consent.
    No, not when they are barely conscious. Then it's clear. But what if they had some to drink but are not obviously in no position to consent.
    It's the area between a drop of alcohol and a ship load that I am talking about.

You have been arguing in a very unpleasant manner, Bells, with your accusations left and right and your loaded replies.
    Not sure if I'm getting back to this.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.